Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Beta 7 is finally here!

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 09 Aug 2011, 21:53

Internet Explorer was the problem. I tried with Firefox and it worked fine. I was having trouble with Internet Explorer anyway.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Aug 2011, 21:47

Hey guys! I've been pretty quiet about this over the years as I've always been a bit reluctant to install anything that will make any significant changes to the game (and I've always preferred TSK to TPR), but now it looks like I might have to give TPR a go since I can't get TSK to work with Windows 7, so I might give this a try.

Just a few thoughts, though; some questions, and some suggestions for future releases, if any are planned:

- Am I correct in thinking multiplayer is completely broken in TPR (if this is the case then it is an outrage and the main thing that puts me off the game)?

- Am I correct in thinking the music player in TPR says, "0", "1", "2", or, with the patch, "Track 0", "Track 1", "Track 2", etc.? Why not give the tracks names, like they had in TSK? It saddens me that TPR seems to actually REMOVE features rather than adding them.

- Am I correct in thinking that the music quality is worse in TPR, and is this fixable?

- I know it's possible to play the TSK campaign in TPR, but last I heard some of the missions were mistakenly different to how they should have been - has this been fixed?

- Personally, I'd love it if TPR were just like an expansion pack to TSK that adds features while still allowing the original game to be played in its original state. What I mean by that is, I'd love it if there was a way to play the TSK campaign through TPR, with NO fishermen, siege works, new music tracks, etc. (or perhaps make them optional). I'm kind of just writing down my thoughts / wishes here, but let me know what you think! :)

Anyway, great work guys :D
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 27 Aug 2011, 22:55

- Am I correct in thinking multiplayer is completely broken in TPR (if this is the case then it is an outrage and the main thing that puts me off the game)?
Yeah it's pretty much broken. In rare cases you might be able to play a game or two without problems but most of the time it goes horribly wrong.
- Am I correct in thinking the music player in TPR says, "0", "1", "2", or, with the patch, "Track 0", "Track 1", "Track 2", etc.? Why not give the tracks names, like they had in TSK? It saddens me that TPR seems to actually REMOVE features rather than adding them.
Sadly we don't know how to do this. :(
- Am I correct in thinking that the music quality is worse in TPR, and is this fixable?
It is worse and the next version of the patch will include higher quality music. Still won't be quite as good as the TSK quality (due to size considerations) but the average Joe won't be able to make out the difference.
- I know it's possible to play the TSK campaign in TPR, but last I heard some of the missions were mistakenly different to how they should have been - has this been fixed?
They should be pretty much all fixed.
<<

Juba

Barbarian

Post 28 Aug 2011, 18:33

It is worse and the next version of the patch will include higher quality music. Still won't be quite as good as the TSK quality (due to size considerations) but the average Joe won't be able to make out the difference.
Well Danjb, in the mean time you can try this music patch. :wink:
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 28 Aug 2011, 20:28

The Russian build of beta 7 is now finally out! Many thanks to Krom for helping out with some issues.

There are still some quirks that need to be fixed with the translation before the RC (the biggest thing being the translation of the readme). Exactly what still needs to be worked on can be found from the TRANSLATION NOTES.txt (Windows-1251 encoding) file, also available under the manual folder. If someone is interested in taking over this task, please contact me.
<<

Don Meu

Serf

Post 03 Sep 2011, 11:20

@Litude
hi there, im meudoland from GOG forums..
if the patch seems to be reliable after years, why dont u publicize it on the specific GOG forum?? everyone would appreciate it!
ciao Andrea
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 04 Sep 2011, 17:53

I think I might make a thread about it over there once I finish the Release Candidate.
<<

Don Meu

Serf

Post 05 Sep 2011, 18:00

yes, sure, the GOG community would be grateful to u!
<<

KnightsaMerchants

Blacksmith

Yahoo Messenger: None

Post 06 Sep 2011, 23:26

Error: Detects that TPR isn't installed or the english or it isn't the english version of the game
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 07 Sep 2011, 19:17

From where did you purchase your version of the game?
<<

Windowedmode

Post 25 Sep 2011, 13:11

Is it possible to run KaM TPR in windowed mode? SR3 Beta 7 fixed my mouse lag issues, but any of the methods I tried to get it to work in windowed mode (fullscreen looks so ugly when your monitor has a high resolution) still fail.

Adding -w or -window in the properties of the .exe or shortcut doesn't work. Neither does a little program called dxwnd. Or actually, it does seem to work but it makes the game crash at startup.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Sep 2011, 12:20

The installer doesn't detect that I have the game installed (I might have moved it to a new directory after installing or something)...

Any chance of a version that works with any KaM directory?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 27 Sep 2011, 21:42

@Windowedmode: Sorry, I don't know of any way to achieve this.

@Danjb: It's mostly due to legal reason that I'm performing the check and it also makes it easier for less experienced end users to install it. If the installer doesn't recognize the game, try reinstalling TPR.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Sep 2011, 20:06

Surely it's not required by law that it uses the default directory?

(nonetheless, thank you, I'll try)

EDIT: I've just done a fresh install from the disc. Turns out I was using SR2 with an english patch before, as my disc is actually dutch or something. What's the best solution? Can I update to SR3 and then apply a translation or something?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 29 Sep 2011, 07:32

Nope, but the fact that the patch includes most of the game files would make it quite illegal if I allowed people to install it without any kind of check whatsoever.

The best solution for you would be to patch the game to SR2 using the Dutch patch. Then you'll have to go to regedit and navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\JOYMANIA Entertainment\KnightsandMerchants TPR and find the "Language" string and change it's contents from "Dutch" to "English". After that the English patch will install fine.

I realize it's very complicated to do ATM, but once I get the RC out (which shouldn't take too long anymore I hope) I'll provide real translation patches for each language.

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”