Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Beta 7 is finally here!

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 Aug 2010, 14:44

Okay, so I've taken forever to reply, but I kinda forgot (since my computer that had the problem broke)
I wrote:
Doesn't work. I tried installing it, but the game start afterwords. Luckly, I made backups. When I placed the backups in the folder, I tried again, but the installer detected that my game was up to date already... now I can't get SR3. To make things worse, the game will only work if I open it via the folder under C:\Program Files\KaM - The Peasants Rebellion. If I don't do this, the game will shut off right after the Topwhare Interactive intro scene thing. Anyway this is making me very angry because the patch is supposed to be fixing the game, not making it worse...
Any ideas?
From where did you purchase your game?
Thinkest thou that I would purchase illigal copies?! Well, a long time ago, my TSK CD got so scratched up that I couldn't play it most of the time, so I asked my mom to get a new one. She got it, but it was green and yelow...made by hot games or something. Anyway it wasn't a good copy since the music wouldn't work and the nemy wouldn't attack sometimes, etc. ANYWAY my point is that since then, I always buy the ofical game. I bought my TPR on Ebay (which IS legal in the USA) so I don't know where it came from, but the box and CD have the same picture as the offical cover does so I asume it is the real deal? Anyway it doesn't matter, becasue that computer is toast. I just hope I never have the same problem.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Oct 2010, 22:28

Are the russian and hungary files ready for a new beta?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 13 Oct 2010, 15:37

Hungarian files are available, Russian manual and readme still has a few problems I need to find a solution to.
<<

WarMan

Post 22 Oct 2010, 21:22

The Russian Beta 7

Excuse me, please like to ask whether there is this beta 7 for Russian localization, and if still not, whether it can be expected in the near future?
Thanks in advance
:oops: :oops:
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Nov 2010, 17:26

Report by robi29 (I haven't checked that yet):
In mission 16 TSK, one of the northern enemies doesn't have enough coal (probably they get it only from mines), and therefore he attacks only once. It may be a good idea to give them more coal to the storehouse.
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 25 Dec 2010, 17:52

Another reports and suggestions, also by robi29 from Polish forums:
- 10 TPR: it's impossible to place an iron mine in one place near ally's village, and therefore, 5 squares of iron can't be mined. Screenshot:
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/844/screenshot2010122221580.jpg
- "Land of the Quick River" - purple team doesn't build iron mines - it would be a good idea to add some mines or ores for them in the script.
- 7 TPR: Both yellow teams run out of iron quickly (after approx. 5 hours)
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 29 Dec 2010, 19:47

I have found a new bug
the unit "rebel" is to strong in 1.60
rebel data: life: 4 defense: 2 strengh: 75

but it must be: life: 3 defense: 1 and strengh: 25

in assosiation with yellow unit picture! Please change value!

BTW can you upload the newest version of beta 7? which includes mission updates/bugfixes of the last year since first release of B7?
<<

Ale

Post 07 Jan 2011, 20:04

Occasional freezing

Good day

First let me express my gratitude for keeping this oldskool game alive and working.

I recently installed KaM TPR (Dutch version) on my new computer, which is running Windows 7 64 bit. I read these forums and installed the V1.6 B7 (it displays on main menu as well). Basically it runs good, but occasionally it freezes. The sound 'hangs' and I have to ctrl alt del to terminate the game.

It doesn't happen a lot or at set events in the game, but it is annoying.

I have scoured these forums and found various info about non-compatibility with 64 bit mode but I do not think that this is causing the problem.

That's why I post this inquiry for help, maybe I'm not the only one having this issue.

Thanks in advance
<<

ErikTheRed

Serf

Post 10 Jan 2011, 18:08

Thanks so much for your hard work and dedication for this great game! I've loved it since i found a demo of it on a PC-Gamer cd away back in the late '90s, and I haven't stopped playing since! (Except when i got windows vista and it woudlnt work and i didnt know about your site or the patches!)
However i do miss the original game's sound reversal, made me feel cozy and I was really used to it haha

Cant wait for the final release of SR3 :)
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 12 Jan 2011, 09:07

I found new bug in Mission 14 TPR. Every good in ware house have +20 units too much!
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 12 Jan 2011, 12:21

Report by robi29 (I haven't checked that yet):
In mission 16 TSK, one of the northern enemies doesn't have enough coal (probably they get it only from mines), and therefore he attacks only once. It may be a good idea to give them more coal to the storehouse.

Another reports and suggestions, also by robi29 from Polish forums:
- 10 TPR: it's impossible to place an iron mine in one place near ally's village, and therefore, 5 squares of iron can't be mined. Screenshot:
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/844/screenshot2010122221580.jpg
- "Land of the Quick River" - purple team doesn't build iron mines - it would be a good idea to add some mines or ores for them in the script.
- 7 TPR: Both yellow teams run out of iron quickly (after approx. 5 hours)
Thanks for those. I moved the purple team closer to the iron in "Land of the Quick River" to fix that problem and the fact that they started expanding into your base, but guess it wasn't enough.
I have found a new bug
the unit "rebel" is to strong in 1.60
rebel data: life: 4 defense: 2 strengh: 75

but it must be: life: 3 defense: 1 and strengh: 25

in assosiation with yellow unit picture! Please change value!
75 strength is correct. One bow = 75 strength (as you can see from the bowman). The manual mentions the strength as being 25% as stuff like ballista go up to 300 in their strength so it would be quite confusing.
Good day

First let me express my gratitude for keeping this oldskool game alive and working.

I recently installed KaM TPR (Dutch version) on my new computer, which is running Windows 7 64 bit. I read these forums and installed the V1.6 B7 (it displays on main menu as well). Basically it runs good, but occasionally it freezes. The sound 'hangs' and I have to ctrl alt del to terminate the game.

It doesn't happen a lot or at set events in the game, but it is annoying.

I have scoured these forums and found various info about non-compatibility with 64 bit mode but I do not think that this is causing the problem.

That's why I post this inquiry for help, maybe I'm not the only one having this issue.

Thanks in advance
Fixing freezing problems is sadly pretty much impossible without access to the game source code. :(
Thanks so much for your hard work and dedication for this great game! I've loved it since i found a demo of it on a PC-Gamer cd away back in the late '90s, and I haven't stopped playing since! (Except when i got windows vista and it woudlnt work and i didnt know about your site or the patches!)
However i do miss the original game's sound reversal, made me feel cozy and I was really used to it haha

Cant wait for the final release of SR3 :)
Thanks! :D
I found new bug in Mission 14 TPR. Every good in ware house have +20 units too much!
That's not a bug. This is the amount of wares you originally had [v1.471-v1.58] in your storehouse. For some reason, the amount of wares was reduced in PP. Since this isn't mentioned in the change log of the PP and I really couldn't see any reason for this, I assumed it was a mistake and returned the amount of wares to the original. The extra food can be useful since you have quite an army to feed at the start of the mission.
<<

Michieru

Recruit

Post 12 Jan 2011, 16:29

I have one question: when do you think you will release the RC Version?

Can you give us a status report?
<<

harold

Knight

Post 12 Jan 2011, 17:05

According to my data, the strength of a bowman is 60 (120 for crossbowman)
<<

Lowenburg

Laborer

Post 17 Jan 2011, 13:20

i cant wait to see it finished
<<

Randomdude

Post 24 Jan 2011, 20:01

You guys should start your own indie development lawl.
Its awsome how much effort people can put to into a game this old.
The only thing i can say is, keep up the good work ;]

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”