Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Fisherman

<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 02 Jan 2011, 10:32

Not possible without the source code/remake since the current system only checks for certain terrain types.
<<

Michieru

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 02 Jan 2011, 20:12

Thx for u'r fast answer.
<<

ErikTheRed

Serf

Post 06 Jan 2011, 16:18

is it possible to change the amount of fish already in the water? not make it infinite, but something like double the amount of fish for seas and oceans, keep it low for land-locked bodies of water....

if you cant do that, then could you change each area of water? ie. if there is a large body of water, can you split it into many 'areas' so as to get the same number of initial spawn in each area? or would you have to separate the sections with land bridges?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 06 Jan 2011, 21:45

The amount of fish was already increased in a few lakes in SR2. On top of that they also made the fisherman catch two fishes each time he went fishing and made the wait time between each trip twice as long, essentially doubling the amount of fish available. On top of that, I've increased the amount of fish in a few lakes that had only a few in SR3 so I think there should be more than enough fish in the lakes by now.

Modifying the terrain is really out of the question as it could make the original missions work in an entirely different way than they were intended to.
<<

ErikTheRed

Serf

Post 10 Jan 2011, 17:51

Ah, i knew about the changes to how they caught fish, but i didnt know that the amount of fish was already increased! Thanks :D
<<

Lowenburg

Laborer

Post 17 Jan 2011, 13:23

i think it hast to be realy tested
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 20 Jan 2011, 04:06

What should be really tested?
Amd I still think that a fisherman should get 3 fish and wait 3 times as long as the normal (1). :D
I'd change it myself if I knew how to use that one editor, but no luck :x
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Jul 2013, 14:19

Re: Fisherman

It's been a long time since there was a comment on this topic but, i wondered why nobody can retrieve the source code of KaM.

Well since my school years thought me only one thing, google knows everything. So if you search for 'retrieving a source code from a written game' you'll find this page : http://www.debugmode.com/dcompile/

As i'm not a programmer they could have written it in chineese and i would understand the same thing :P Nothing. But it seems like the guy writing it explains how to dcompile a games Executable file leaving the 'source code' behind.

When searching for a answer I myself would understand better i found this : http://www.heaventools.com/

If i'm to believe wikianswers(https://www.google.nl/#gs_rn=17&gs_ri=p ... 45&bih=492) the PE Explorer could extract .EXE files and 'open up' the file to show its source code.

Problem given is that the program must be bought ($129,-) Now, if you can tell me whether this program would be help full I could buy you guys a license for the program~
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 08 Jul 2013, 14:49

Decompiling the EXE is nothing like having the source code. You lose all of the names and comments, so it's just lots of stuff like this:
A = B+4
if A > 0 then
C = A*4-B
etc., without any of the comments/names the developers used. It's all just tangled together in a mess which the computer can execute but a human can't use. The source code is full of comments by the developers explaining how it works, and names explaining what the variables mean (e.g. instead of A you might have UnitAttack or something). That stuff gets removed when it's compiled because the computer does not need to know.

It's possible to make small changes through decompiling, for example I made TPR support more music tracks so the original tracks could be added back to the game. But you can only do very simple stuff like that and it's not really possible to get any understanding of how it works.
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 08 Jul 2013, 14:54

Thanks for explaining, you guys don't have any contact with the original makers of KaM ? Maybe you could ask them if they were willing to share the source code ? I mean someone must have it, right ?
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Jul 2013, 16:32

We've already tried getting the source code but failed. We have something way better now; though, and that is none other than the KaM Remake...
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 08 Jul 2013, 17:32

There was a petition going that one of the original developers actually responded to. However ZuXXeZ (now TopWare) didn't want to release the source code.
But at the current stage there's no need for the source code anymore. Fixing it up would be ways more trouble than what it would be worth considering how far the KaM Remake has been developed already.
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 08 Jul 2013, 19:00

Haha, okay! Maybe the forum mod could 'lock' subjects when they are handeld?
I joined the remake for about 6 months ago, and the forum for 4 days now if i'm correct xD.

Didn't know the remake was made instead of retrieving the source code. So much info on the forum *.*
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Jul 2013, 02:49

We (Moderators) are not going to lock every topic after they appear to have been "handled." Further, the 1.6 Service Release subforum is by no means dead. Litude's continued work on the original Knights and Merchants is proof of that.

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”