Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Multplayer problems

<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 03 Nov 2008, 12:43

There was a petition made to release the source code some three years ago or something but IIRC it got hardly any signatures so the idea was quickly dropped. Nothing's stopping us from trying again though :D.
Oh and some things I thought were worth mentioning. Joymania can't release the source code on their own because the IP rights to the game rest within ZuXXeZ, so the petition has to be addressed to them (TopWare Interactive has nothing to do with this, hell they didn't even exist at the time TPR was published!).

The idea about trying to get the Net-Games server software sounds like a great one! Doesn't even sound too impossible seeing as The Knight has been able to get quite a lot of stuff from the people at ZuXXeZ :D.
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Nov 2008, 14:02

Oh, ZuXXeZ bought TopWare some time ago, or something, that's why it's confusing...

But how we'll collect the signatures, that are the real people's one? This is the question...
<<

merchant_992

Pikeman

Post 03 Nov 2008, 17:06

If the server software still exists they might send it us. Probably asking zuxxez is the best option. But we could also send Peter Ohlmann or Adam Spryss and e-mail, and probably they read the inboxes of their own companies.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 05 Nov 2008, 04:45

Hello,
I started a thread/website for the petition idea here:
http://www.atfreeforum.com/knights/viewtopic.php?t=326
Please have a look at tell me what you think. Continue all petition discussion there.
what is the protocol used for it?
If I knew that, I wouldn't be asking for help decoding it, would I?
Oh and some things I thought were worth mentioning. Joymania can't release the source code on their own because the IP rights to the game rest within ZuXXeZ, so the petition has to be addressed to them (TopWare Interactive has nothing to do with this, hell they didn't even exist at the time TPR was published!).
Ok, we'll send it to both Joymania and ZuXXeZ. I forgot that Topware was only the publisher, and the producer would own the rights.
But how we'll collect the signatures, that are the real people's one? This is the question...
Well... If we provide the persons first, last and forum names, country and email address then it would be hard to imagine someone making that much stuff up. I'm hoping to get >100 signatures, but I'm not sure.
I was thinking about some kind of an website with some simple script that allows adding new signatures, but you're right, there's no way to check that the names are real.
Good idea, that's what I've done.
If the server software still exists they might send it us. Probably asking zuxxez is the best option. But we could also send Peter Ohlmann or Adam Spryss and e-mail, and probably they read the inboxes of their own companies.
Ok, I will ask The Knight to email them. (he can speak German plus they know him)
Lewin.

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”