Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Beta 4 has been released!

<<

Michailoff

Laborer

Post 01 Sep 2008, 18:13

I had the opportunity to test the next 3 missions - that is, 8, 9 and 10; Here's what I saw:
Mission 8:
YES! THIS IS IT! The first attack, unless I repeated 5 times before repulsed it in a proper way. Next I tried something AI attack in the west, but with my very small military potential (2 axemans and 13 archers) nothing I could do. So I went in the economy - 3 bakeries have provided food underwent, and served as a weapon to me balisty to which confidence has been gained earlier. These fantastic machine again, I served as a weapons destruction foolish rivals. Not having fully prepared military capability (about 12 balist) enemy attacked me, but the only damage they did to me, the slight damage to iron mine. After the attack the enemy countered it completely crushing - lost only one balista. In the meantime, of course, my next big crossbows entered on the battlefield. Exactly the same way it looks like the second attack on the enemy, although there losses were slightly larger (2-3 balistas). The fact is that if it were not for the machine, the mission would be extremely difficult for me, and so it gave me great satisfaction - the first time the army created in missions TSK (outside the mission 20, of course). The enemy has been defeated in 3 hours, the production of the army, particularly the formation of one - a great balistas.
Mission 9:
The mission has always been, is and will be easy, if a player will have such an army, and the enemy will not be able to refer to fight with the player. First - the enemy is katastrophal set - in the left side of the settlements are only as knights has been hidden for towers, and the rest of the defence to the tragedy. The same is true in part right - there could eliminate impunity shooters, and sword fighters it was a question of how many barbarians lose. The settlement, which is expanding and will not be recalled. A breakdown of the enemy at a loss to the lowest barbarians 15 penalties, which could meet my challenger. 37 minutes is too short time to play 9 mission, our forces are evidently exaggerated, and intelligence AI - tragic. Damn it, you do something with this, because evidently a simple mission - could safely replace the mission two numbers.
Mission 10:
This is the easy tactic mission. Here there are no mistakes, but the mission is not too addictive. Tactical missions here do rather pale in comparison to the economic scenarios (even mission 2). That's already in the life of the player KaM happens - some missions for him to the banal (and sometimes even boring), while others make great satisfaction (as my favorite mission from the first campaign, which is the mission 20).
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 01 Sep 2008, 19:00

Polish translation of readme file: http://kuba11100.c0.pl/priv/16pb4_readme_pl.txt
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 01 Sep 2008, 19:46

Tutorial (the one from another topic):
- one blue enemy melee group and one ranged group don't have defense position (about X 59 Y 95)
You're right. What I'm wondering is what do they do with the additional troops they train once they run out of defense positions? They probably need a max soldier limit even though they train soldiers very slowly.
- stone (X 41 Y 15 and X 42 Y 14) cannot be collected above there. I haven't tested larger mountains.
I should really try figuring out why these problems happen, but currently I do not know.
I had the opportunity to test the next 3 missions - that is, 8, 9 and 10; Here's what I saw:
Mission 8:
YES! THIS IS IT! The first attack, unless I repeated 5 times before repulsed it in a proper way. Next I tried something AI attack in the west, but with my very small military potential (2 axemans and 13 archers) nothing I could do. So I went in the economy - 3 bakeries have provided food underwent, and served as a weapon to me balisty to which confidence has been gained earlier. These fantastic machine again, I served as a weapons destruction foolish rivals. Not having fully prepared military capability (about 12 balist) enemy attacked me, but the only damage they did to me, the slight damage to iron mine. After the attack the enemy countered it completely crushing - lost only one balista. In the meantime, of course, my next big crossbows entered on the battlefield. Exactly the same way it looks like the second attack on the enemy, although there losses were slightly larger (2-3 balistas). The fact is that if it were not for the machine, the mission would be extremely difficult for me, and so it gave me great satisfaction - the first time the army created in missions TSK (outside the mission 20, of course). The enemy has been defeated in 3 hours, the production of the army, particularly the formation of one - a great balistas.
Yeah that barbarian attack at the start is a real pain but now it works like it should so I'm not going to make it easier :twisted:.
Mission 9:
The mission has always been, is and will be easy, if a player will have such an army, and the enemy will not be able to refer to fight with the player. First - the enemy is katastrophal set - in the left side of the settlements are only as knights has been hidden for towers, and the rest of the defence to the tragedy. The same is true in part right - there could eliminate impunity shooters, and sword fighters it was a question of how many barbarians lose. The settlement, which is expanding and will not be recalled. A breakdown of the enemy at a loss to the lowest barbarians 15 penalties, which could meet my challenger. 37 minutes is too short time to play 9 mission, our forces are evidently exaggerated, and intelligence AI - tragic. Damn it, you do something with this, because evidently a simple mission - could safely replace the mission two numbers.
Hmm... For this mission there probably could be some changes done as I do remember it being very easy. But I'll need to look into it anyway.
Mission 10:
This is the easy tactic mission. Here there are no mistakes, but the mission is not too addictive. Tactical missions here do rather pale in comparison to the economic scenarios (even mission 2). That's already in the life of the player KaM happens - some missions for him to the banal (and sometimes even boring), while others make great satisfaction (as my favorite mission from the first campaign, which is the mission 20).
I think mission 10 is good as it is.
Polish translation of readme file: http://kuba11100.c0.pl/priv/16pb4_readme_pl.txt
Impressive! I didn't think anyone would go through the trouble of translating the readme, thanks a lot!
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 01 Sep 2008, 20:07

You're right. What I'm wondering is what do they do with the additional troops they train once they run out of defense positions? They probably need a max soldier limit even though they train soldiers very slowly.
As far as I know, sometimes they put many groups in one place making them not staying at one place, or sometimes they don't move them from the barracks' entrance.
I should really try figuring out why these problems happen, but currently I do not know.
Not flat terrain in that place I think.
Impressive! I didn't think anyone would go through the trouble of translating the readme, thanks a lot!
It can still have some errors, as I didn't checked it many times, but it's better than nothing. (I'll be correcting it of course).
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 01 Sep 2008, 20:50

You're right, the creation of soldiers is completely broken on the blue teams part. I'll need to put a max soldier and recruit limit for them and add some defense positions.
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Sep 2008, 13:15

Only defense positions are neccesary I think, they have only 100 of gold.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 02 Sep 2008, 13:29

Okay, but they start training recruits at the very start. I think I'll delay it slightly.
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Sep 2008, 14:46

Enemy's radius in 2 TSK is too big now - the initial attack now contain all of his soldiers. It should be decreased, but what do you think about adding another defense position to protect the safe-barracks-shooting place?
I was also thinking about fish for enemy in some missions, where is no water. In 1 TSK, where production of sausages isn't allowed, enemy doesn't have it, too, so I think there shouldn't be any fish for anyone in those missions.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 02 Sep 2008, 18:21

I decreased the radius of the enemy in mission 2 to 20. Hopefully they should still react if you try to sneak past them and destroy their barracks.
And I thought about that fish for the enemies thing but came to the conclusion that the sausages in mission 1 are probably missing because they didn't want the player to know what the sausages look alike or something. In the later missions you have already seen more than enough fish and the enemy has it's mysterious ware supplier that is capable of giving them pretty much anything :D.

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”