Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Dutch, German and Polish translations - Any errors?

<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 01 Aug 2008, 17:31

Dutch, German and Polish translations - Any errors?

So I created a single topic solely for the purpose of the English translation which is really shoddy in quality, but of course the other languages might also need to be improved. Please post any textual errors you know about that occur in the Dutch, German or Polish versions of the game! Even really small errors like some missing space or such are appreciated!
Known errors:

Dutch version Image
- No known errors

German version Image
- No known errors

Polish version Image
- Second tutorial message:
  Code:
Zacznij budowę od kliknięcia myszka ikony młotka po lewej stronie ekranu. Następnie kliknij ikonę ksiąźki. Umieść zarys budynku szkoły w miejscu na mapie, w kt?rym chcesz, aby stanęła i zatwierdź to lewym przyciskiem myszy. --- Zacznij budowę od kliknięcia myszką ikony młotka po lewej stronie ekranu. Następnie kliknij ikonę ksiąźki. Umieść zarys budynku szkoły w miejscu na mapie, w kt?rym chcesz, aby stanęła i zatwierdź to lewym przyciskiem myszy. [/quote] - Miner description: [code]G?rnik wydobywa rudy w Kopalni Węglą elaza i Złota. --- G?rnik wydobywa rudy w Kopalni Węglą Żelaza i Złota.[/quote] The font seems to be missing this Ż, but I think I'll be able to fix it. I already managed to replace the empty letter with a Ź so I'll only need to finalize the graphic. - Mission 3 TPR briefing does not match to narration (corrected briefing needed!) - Mission 4 TPR briefing does not match to narration (corrected briefing needed!) - Mission 8 TPR briefing does not match to narration (corrected briefing needed!) - Mission 9 TPR briefing does not match to narration (corrected briefing needed!) - Mission 10 TPR briefing does not match to narration (corrected briefing needed!) - Ź is used erroneously in the place of Ż in several messages (faulty messages not known!) Remember to report all errors in the script! Also note that I speak none of the languages above (excluding German which I've studied for four years yet don't know the language hardly at all :P), so make sure that there are no "obvious" spelling errors in your corrected scripts as they are not so obvious to me :wink:. Here are some foreign letters which you can copy paste in case you have trouble writing them: [code]German: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Polish: Ą Ć Ę Ł Ń ? Ś Ź Ż ą ć ę ł ń ? ś ź ż[/quote]
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 01 Aug 2008, 19:59

I've corrected many mistakes - unfortunately, encoding problems on the forum (copying letters from your post isn't working for me), so they're all in this file: http://simowie.fm.interia.pl/public/translation.txt

I wrote it before in SR3 bug report topic but I'll repeat: the miner's description is displayed correctly in Lewin's editor and hex editor, but in game it's ignored or recognized as next line.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 01 Aug 2008, 21:18

I've corrected many mistakes - unfortunately, encoding problems on the forum (copying letters from your post isn't working for me), so they're all in this file: http://simowie.fm.interia.pl/public/translation.txt
Great, I'll take a look at that!
I wrote it before in SR3 bug report topic but I'll repeat: the miner's description is displayed correctly in Lewin's editor and hex editor, but in game it's ignored or recognized as next line.
Yeah, this is because the game uses 19 different fonts, and for whatever reason the ? and the Ż letters were not included in this font. They will be added in the next release of SR3.
As the next version probably won't be released until after one week (I will be away for most of the next week), I thought I'd give the fixed font file for you to test and give your opinion on the letters (should the graphics be changed?) and it should fix that oddity with the miner. Get it here.
EDIT: Updated font file.
EDIT2: Updated the font file again.
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Aug 2008, 08:23

Z with a dot above looks ok, ? is a bit weird but it's unused (or I haven't noticed it in any game text) and there are not many words in Polish that start from ?.

(How you wrote that letters? It changes mine to &#number; when writing)

In your first post are also some mistakes in the tutorial message and in miner's description - check my file.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 02 Aug 2008, 09:13

Could you please create a ? as it should look (in gif, png or bmp)? I can then change the font.
I just copy pasted the letters from some random website here and they work for me? :D I guess your computer might handle the letters somehow in a different way as they are native letters for you.
<<

JBSnorro

Barbarian

Post 02 Aug 2008, 10:42

I wouldn't mind checking the dutch version, but I'm not going to play KaM for that. Wouldn't it be much easier if you provided a txt with all translations?
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Aug 2008, 11:46

Litude: Can the letter be bigger than O? If so, take the first one. Fonts
JBSnorro: if you want to look at the game texts without running it, use Lewin's .LIB decoder.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 02 Aug 2008, 20:59

kuba111000, the ? you sent me is one pixel too tall. I could drop the letter one pixel down and it would fit but this would look slightly off. Do you think you could do a ? that is one pixel shorter or is the smaller version good enough?
I wouldn't mind checking the dutch version
That would be great!
<<

JBSnorro

Barbarian

Post 03 Aug 2008, 00:46

Uh, why is the misc-directory empty in the dutch version ? I'd like to check it, but this complicates things XD
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 03 Aug 2008, 06:37

Uh, why is the misc-directory empty in the dutch version ? I'd like to check it, but this complicates things XD
You must have a strange version... Are there any LIB files somewhere else in the KaM folder? Can you do a re-install? It'd be good to fix up the mistakes in other languages. Can anyone else send him the Dutch LIB files?
Lewin.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 03 Aug 2008, 07:36

I guess he's talking about SR3. The reason is simple, I haven't done any changes to the Dutch lib files.
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Aug 2008, 08:14

Shorter ?
If it's not ok use the second one in previous file.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 03 Aug 2008, 08:21

I guess he's talking about SR3. The reason is simple, I haven't done any changes to the Dutch lib files.
Oh yeah, I thought he was talking about his copy of KaM!
@JBSnorro: Here's my suggestion: Do a re-install (to guarantee that they haven't been changed) then patch it up to SR2. Then open up your LIB files, not the ones in the SR3 download. Report mistakes to Litude, or just change them all your self and send him the files.
Does that help?
Lewin.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 03 Aug 2008, 10:22

I updated the font file, get the newest file from here.
@JBSnorro: Here are the Dutch SR2 LIBs.
<<

JBSnorro

Barbarian

Post 03 Aug 2008, 11:11

I was indeed talking about SR3
Okay, here are some incorrect sentences/words in the dutch version and their proper spelling:

Syntax:
Index - False string - Correct string

SETUP.LIB:
27 - Maak nieuwe account aan - Maak nieuw account aan
35 - Gebruikersnaam al bezet - Gebruikersnaam is al bezet
92 - 's Session - 's Sessie
116 - Verwoeste gebouwen: - Verwoestte gebouwen:
117 - Opgerichte gebouwen: - Opgerichtte gebouwen:
250 - Het zijn de beulsknechten van de verrader gelukt, een bres in onze verdediging te slaan. De vesting is gevallen en als het jullie niet lukt, de vijanden op de vlucht te jagen, is het koninkrijk verloren en neemt de vijand onrechtmatig bezit van de troon. Grijp de wapens!
- Het zijn de beulsknechten van de verrader gelukt een bres in onze verdediging te slaan. De vesting is gevallen en als het jullie niet lukt de vijanden op de vlucht te jagen, is het koninkrijk verloren en neemt de vijand onrechtmatig bezit van de troon. Grijp de wapens!
260 - Op het nippertje is het gelukt, de aanval op onze stad af te wenden. De verraderlijke aanval heeft echter zijn sporen nagelaten. De vijand heeft meedogenloos gebrandschat en bijna alle bewoners gedood. De slachting schreeuwt om bloedige wraak, maar voordat jullie de laffe moordenaars ter verantwoording kunnen roepen, moet je ten spoedigste de verwoeste stad weer opbouwen.
- Op het nippertje is het gelukt de aanval op onze stad af te wenden. De verraderlijke aanval heeft echter zijn sporen nagelaten. De vijand heeft meedogenloos gebrandschat en bijna alle bewoners gedood. De slachting schreeuwt om bloedige wraak, maar voordat jullie de laffe moordenaars ter verantwoording kunnen roepen, moet je ten spoedigste de verwoestte stad weer opbouwen.
266 - In het noorden verzamelt de verrader zijn vazallen, om opnieuw een stormaanval te wagen. Nog is hij evenwel niet bereid zich in de open veldslag over te geven. Trek hem tegemoet om zijn nieuwe leger te verslaan voordat dit gereed is, tegen ons te marcheren. Ditmaal zijn wij het, die door de bergen moeten. Stellig heeft de tegenstander de pas bezet om ons bij het oprukken te hinderen. Toch moeten we naar het noorden, het koste wat het kost.
- In het noorden verzamelt de verrader zijn vazallen om opnieuw een stormaanval te wagen. Nog is hij evenwel niet bereid zich in de open veldslag over te geven. Trek hem tegemoet om zijn nieuwe leger te verslaan, voordat dit gereed is tegen ons te marcheren. Ditmaal zijn wij het die door de bergen moeten. Stellig heeft de tegenstander de pas bezet om ons bij het oprukken te hinderen. Toch moeten we naar het noorden, het koste wat het kost.
267 - Jullie nieuwe overwinning dwingt de tegenstander in de verdediging. In de beschutting van een bijna onneembare natuurlijke vesting heeft hij zich verschanst en wacht lafhartig op onze aanval. Reeds vaak hebben veldheren geprobeerd, de vesting te bestormen, maar het is nog niemand gelukt. Jullie mogen echter de moed niet laten zakken. Mogelijk hebben jullie voorgangers waardevolle goederen achtergelaten, die je bij de oplossing van het probleem kunnen helpen.
- Jullie nieuwe overwinning dwingt de tegenstander in de verdediging. In de beschutting van een bijna onneembare natuurlijke vesting heeft hij zich verschanst en wacht lafhartig op onze aanval. Reeds vaak hebben veldheren geprobeerd de vesting te bestormen, maar het is nog niemand gelukt. Echter mogen jullie de moed niet laten zakken. Mogelijk hebben jullie voorgangers waardevolle goederen achtergelaten, die je bij de oplossing van het probleem kunnen helpen.
299 - We zijn bij ons doel. De belegeringskring rond het laatste bastion van de valse koning is gesloten. Geen genade voor al degenen die de verrader nu nog trouw blijven. Vernietig de vijand en maak alle sporen van zijn heerschappij met de grond gelijk, danis er weer vrede en vrijheid in het koninkrijk heersen. Hangen zal de rebel, als een gemene struikrover, want iets anders was hij eigenlijk nooit.
- We zijn bij ons doel. De belegeringskring rond het laatste bastion van de valse koning is gesloten. Geen genade voor al degenen die de verrader nu nog trouw blijven. Vernietig de vijand en maak alle sporen van zijn heerschappij met de grond gelijk, dan zal er weer vrede en vrijheid in het koninkrijk heersen. Hangen zal de rebel als een gemene struikrover, want iets anders is hij eigenlijk nooit geweest.

TEXT.LIB:
74 - Boer/wijnboer - Boer/Wijnboer
105 - De schrijnwerker werkt in de houtzagerij, de wapen - en wapentuigmakerij en in de schiettuigmakerij. - De schrijnwerker werkt in de houtzagerij, de wapen-, wapentuig en schiettuigmakerij.
I haven't checked any following strings, so they might still contain errors.

Btw I noticed the word "Trainingshall" which can be translated as "Trainingshal". I guess this was the name of the deleted building?
I also noticed the string "Muur bouwen" and "Omheining aanleggen" translated respectively as "Build wall" and "Build fence". Kinda interesting given KaMs history.

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”