Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Windows 8 1.60 Patch

<<

Joris

Post 16 Feb 2014, 22:54

Windows 8 1.60 Patch

Hello,

First I like to thank for the 1.60 Patch! Finally I can play KaM 2 (KaM 1 doesn't even want to install) on Windows 7.
Good job taking care of those irritating bugs, not only in The Shattered Kingdom campaign, but mainly the ones in The Peasant Rebellion, there were many I remembered.
Sometimes the game will stall randomly, but I just save the game every couple of minutes, so that's no problem.

My question is, does that patch also work with Windows 8? Because I also have a laptop that has Windows 8, I installed KaM, and it seemed to work fine without the patch strangely enough. It doesn't with Windows 7. But back to the point, I still want those bugs in the game removed, so, can I install the 1.60 Patch for Windows 8? It doesn't say if it is or if it isn't possible in the description.

Greetings,

Joris
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 Feb 2014, 23:30

Re: Windows 8 1.60 Patch

Well technically speaking the 1.60 patch only alters game files, so theoretically speaking it should work. I don't know if anyone's ever tested it, but it won't cause any harm to try.

PS. There is no 'KaM 2' :P You're referring to KaM: TPR, which is like a sort of Expansion Pack.
<<

Post 16 Feb 2014, 23:36

Thanks for the fast reply! Guess you're right that there is no 'KaM 2', but it makes it easy to distinquish. :D
I will just try it tommorow and share my experiences with it.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 17 Feb 2014, 03:46

You could also try the KaM Remake. It works even better on modern computers because it supports large resolutions and windowed mode.
<<

Post 18 Feb 2014, 18:33

It works fine on Windows 8! No problems there so far.

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”