Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Additional tiles

<<

harold

Knight

Post 14 Apr 2011, 12:00

Additional tiles

It's been mentioned a couple of times before.
I intend to support 256 extra tiles in TKE, that's probably enough.

Technical details (for TKE)

One of the reserved bits (see below), will be an "extend" bit, if that bit is 1 the 'type' field will select a tile from the extended tile set (ie, it will have 256 added to its value)
This is backwards compatible with all existing TKE maps (so uhm, none?) because the reserved bits have to be zero, and there will be no problems with people trying to load a new map into an old TKE since TKE has not been released yet, therefore the version in the format identifier does not change.
  Code:
int32: 0  - maps never have a width of 0 so this is a safe initial identifier int32: 0x31454B54  (ascii TKE1, little-endian, format identifier) int32: 0 ushort: width ushort: height    for each tile: (left to right, top to bottom) struct tile {    byte: type    byte: height    byte: object    struct    {       2bits: rotation       bit: walkable       bit: buildable       4bits: reserved  ; change: 1bit: extend, 3bits: reserved    } } No data may exist beyond this point - if there is any, the map is invalid[/quote] I've tried to make those snow tiles, but the results weren't really satisfactory, so if someone else could make them that would be great.
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Apr 2011, 15:37

If you tell me exactly what do do im willing to help!
´Kridge`
<<

harold

Knight

Post 14 Apr 2011, 16:05

If I know exactly what to do I could probably do it myself :)
What I did, but failed, was taking the mountain/grass transitions, deleted the grass pixels, put the full-snow tile in a layer below that, and then merged down.
But the result of that looks like a "mountain on top of snow" instead of a mountain/snow transition.
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Apr 2011, 18:41

Hmmm, clever way, maybe adding depth by shadows?
´Kridge`
<<

harold

Knight

Post 14 Apr 2011, 19:37

I don't see why that would help..

Return to “Other Creations”