Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

I Am Making a Mission.dat Editor

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Jun 2009, 23:24

Whant to hear something weird? When I place buildings or troops, they don't appear in the script. Nothing does. I tried re-downloading bit but still, nothing. But I forgot how to get your missions to work so I stoped playing KaM.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

H.A.H.

Post 15 Jul 2009, 11:59

i can speak swedish if u want help with it.And btw its awsome that you do a editor :D
<<

harold

Knight

Post 15 Jul 2009, 14:49

Idea: attach explicit licenses to missions on your site (to be chosen by the uploader of course) to avoid the need to ask people for permission to include their mission in mission-packs/remakes/etc and to make clear whether it's ok to use parts of it in other missions (as it would be clear from the license)
<<

knighter

Peasant

Post 18 Jul 2009, 13:50

Hello,

I?m new here! What can I do in this Forum?

knighter :oops: :lol:
<<

knighter

Peasant

Post 18 Jul 2009, 13:51

i can speak spain if you wan?t help with it. :?: :?: :!: :!:
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Oct 2009, 09:16

Hey, how's this going these days?

Just wanted to wish you luck and give you a bit of encouragement. I'm always checking back :wink:

Any plans for the future?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Oct 2009, 16:43

Ben (me) said:
Whant to hear something weird? When I place buildings or troops, they don't appear in the script. Nothing does. I tried re-downloading bit but still, nothing. But I forgot how to get your missions to work so I stoped playing KaM.
I guess I didn't really explain what was going on really well, huh? Well I got it working, I am thinking my RAR file opener was corrupt or something and didn't extract it correctly (probaly wasn't that though).

I got it owrking a while ago and now I am playing KaM a lot.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Oct 2009, 00:39

Hey, how's this going these days?

Just wanted to wish you luck and give you a bit of encouragement. I'm always checking back :wink:

Any plans for the future?
Yeah, sort of. I've pretty much finished with the mission editor. Sure, there are things that could be added but I think it's good enough. Krom and I might add a new mission editor to the Remake at some point, but for now this will do. I haven't really had any bug reports (except for a few known minor issues) and so I do not plan to develop the mission editor any further.
I'm too busy with other programming projects. (e.g. Remake) Thanks for the encouragement though!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Oct 2009, 01:22

do not plan to develop the mission editor any further
Yeah my brother was said "When is Lewin going to update his editor" well I told him that Lewin probably didn't have anything left to do :D He agreed eventually. Anyway I think the editor is all I could have asked for. The only thing that bugs me from time to time is that you can't see if you have "back line" or "front line" selected when placing defence positions with the GUI. This could lead to me having to change all the Defence psoitions like I had to before the GUI :roll: I'm so lazy. :lol:
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 11 Oct 2009, 08:06

You could take a look in the script tab, and see whether the last number of "!SET_AI_DEFENSE" is 0 or 1. :)
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 04 Jan 2010, 23:32

Today I was translating Mission Editor to Hungarian.
Since the amount of languages used in the program is given, I replaced english .PO and .MO files. I found that some of the strings (sub-window headings and language denominations) are also bound to the application.

While testing my translation I found a critical error at converting an AI team to human. A question is given normally, wheter it's OK to delete all player data. After this a new empty dialogue box appears, offering OK and Cancel. OK makes the KaM Editor irresponsible, Cancel makes it crash but frees memory for Windows.

When creating a new normal mission, two error messages come up but finally creating is successful.

Probably these bugs are well-known but unfortunately I don't have time for browsing 12 pages about this.
Primus Christianus Hungaricus Categoricus
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 05 Jan 2010, 01:19

Translation crash bugs are generally caused by one thing. Well, actually it is the poor design of the program, but I'm not going to change that now so you'll have to work with me. :wink:
You see, to reference the items in the Treeview, I search for their name. I know, that is a terrible way to do it because I can't assume all node names will be unique. However for the English translation they are and because I was young and inexperienced when I wrote this program, that's how it is.

So: All node names must be the unique. A few of the other translators had this problem. For example: "Supplies" and "Wares" must be different, as must be "People" and "Units". They are the most obvious ones I can think of.

The bugs you are talking about are not well know, they are just occouring because there is an "error" in the translation.
Sorry that you have to work around this.
Lewin.
P.S. Thanks for doing a translation. Support for the mission editor is basically none, but I will make another release to include your translation if you finish it and it works.
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 05 Jan 2010, 02:19

Well, I don't remember giving the same strings to different-level elements in the tree, as it wouldn't have a sense. Regardless to the tree view I did. For example "Attacks" and "AI attacks" is translated to the same word, because I hate the term AI, out of its stupid usage by many gamers.
On the other hand, I found some strings stored redundantly in the English .PO file, not a many them though.

My other problem was that Hungarian sentences have a completely different order of words from English. It means I had to add double-dots and dash characters to the loan-translated strings to make a sense of the combinations.
At the moment there are 8 strings that I can't translate without knowing their place of occurence but I keep working on finding them. :wink:

You also used certain strings in various contexts, I don't really like saying "type", "status" and "amount" to every kind of list items.

Finally, I'm sorry for adding some octal 012 characters to your "About" dialogue text but couldn't bear the lack of line feeds there. :oops:
Primus Christianus Hungaricus Categoricus
<<

kamfan2

Post 20 Jul 2010, 16:04

Any chance that ALL troops can be displayed?
And not just the "leader"?

Well. I have heard you're done with the editor, but still, i would like that change.

And a completely other thing:
I have heard about your campaign. But, i can't find it. any chance you can upload that campaign?

Kamfan2.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 22 Jul 2010, 05:28

I have no current plans to resume work on the editor. My currently small amount of hobby time is taken with the KaM Remake which will feature a far more complete map/mission editor. However I haven't been feeling very motivated to do any programming recently, school and other life matters have been taking precedence.

As for my campaign, it has never been finished, it contains only 3 missions so far two of which can be downloaded from my mission site. (Inland Encounter and The Island)

I hope this answers your questions.
Lewin.

Return to “Other Creations”