Page 3 of 19

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2013, 18:13
by KillingB
Ben wrote:Also, do you plan on adding snow to other things, too? such as building debris and objects?


I haven't thought about the objects.

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2013, 22:50
by The Dark Lord
This looks very promising! Together with Pawel's snow wolf, maybe some objects covered in snow... Yes, I can imagine... :D

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 00:11
by Ben
KillingB wrote:
Ben wrote:Also, do you plan on adding snow to other things, too? such as building debris and objects?


I haven't thought about the objects.


The buildings are the most important, but objects would be really nice, too. Trees might be very hard to do (obviously you'd only do trees with needles/ dead trees :wink:) however.

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 08:49
by Siegfried
Some thoughts:

1. I think it's important to add some snow to the stone ways, so it gets a coherent look.

2. the sun comes from the lower left. So far, you the snow distribution is isotropic. If you added some more dirt on the sun site, the visibility problem might decrease. It's especially a problem with the tower, because the snow on the side is only a the sun side. It should rather be at the the shadow side. (I can see it from outside my window as we have something like 40cm snow atm)

3. I love the icicles :)

Krom wrote:We could gradually blend snowy version in 5-120 seconds after house is done.

Sounds promising.

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 13:55
by Ben
Siegfried wrote:1. I think it's important to add some snow to the stone ways, so it gets a coherent look.


Clearly, KillingB, you've impressed the community with your new work. It may start sounding demanding, but I like this idea, too. :)

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 14:05
by pawel95
The Dark Lord wrote:This looks very promising! Together with Pawel's snow wolf, maybe some objects covered in snow... Yes, I can imagine... :D


Haha this would be a nice world. Maybe adding some units like this "Santa Claus":

Image

No but I also like this idea. Well it depends on the plans of the Remake team, but when they would add a new script that allows to make this snow buildings on ice and normal KaM buildings everywhere else, it would bring a nice cold atmospehe in it.

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 19:16
by KillingB
What a nice screenshot!!! :D

Image
click to enlarge(yes some people don't know that)

.
.
.
to those who wan't to know how i did this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0yQg8kHVcI

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 19:38
by pawel95
KillingB wrote:.
to those who wan't to know how i did this


HA HA HA HA funny funny funny. I cant stop laughing. Well for me the forester doesn´t look that natural, because on the side you can see the trunks of the building without any snow or ice. So the edges or the "ends" of the snow looks really apprupt and not natural.

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 19:43
by KillingB
pawel95 wrote:
KillingB wrote:.
to those who wan't to know how i did this


HA HA HA HA funny funny funny. I cant stop laughing. Well for me the forester doesn´t look that natural, because on the side you can see the trunks of the building without any snow or ice. So the edges or the "ends" of the snow looks really apprupt and not natural.


yeah my buildings need alot of improvments.

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013, 05:12
by Krom
@Pawel: Note how the woodcutters axe overlay hid the part of the logs covered in snow. If that overlay pic was clipped a little it would look overall better. However I agree, some snow on corners would not harm either :)

@KillingB: Looks great, keep em coming! :) What do you think about trying less frequent and little bigger icicles on towers? So that they look more proportional to recruit.

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013, 14:37
by KillingB
Image
It's not finished.

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013, 15:30
by Ben
Dude!! How are you doing these so fast? Excellent progress! Are you doing this for school projects or something? because photoshop can quickly become tedious.

Like you said, they are not finished, but I think that the woodcutter's has too much snow on it.

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013, 16:08
by KillingB
Ben wrote:Dude!! How are you doing these so fast? Excellent progress! Are you doing this for school projects or something? because photoshop can quickly become tedious.

Like you said, they are not finished, but I think that the woodcutter's has too much snow on it.


Here is the old version ----> Image and here's the new version (you see this in the screenshot) ---> Image

No i'm not doing this for school :D i do this for fun. Who would've thought that i have a talent(or something like that).
I'm actually learning to become a programmer.

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013, 16:41
by Ben
Hmmm. Tricky. The one on the left looks like a warm winter day, and the one on the right looks like a cold winter day. I guess it would depend one how the other buildings look (Don't want one building covered with others having just a tiny bit of snow).

Re: Snowy buildings (yes i have something to show)

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013, 19:41
by Krom
Looks great )

Right woodcutter indeed seems to be too snowy. We would expect it should be warm enough to woodcutter stay in it ;)

How about playing more with icicles, making em less pixel-line?

Icicles within Store entrance look unusual, how did they get there? ))

Village looks very well, waiting to see more houses! :)