Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Register  •  Login

Stone mason Animations

<<

EDMatt

Knight

Posts: 409

Joined: 08 Jul 2012, 00:43

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 30 Jan 2013, 18:22

Stone mason Animations

This is a topic made specifically for stonemason animations, I am starting it off with what I have done so far for stone mason animation, here is front animation of stone-mason working.
Image

The hands are not yet done, because I had to first achieve a smooth action , ofcourse I did the same with the back muscles , feet and hips.
Front action is about 70% complete I would say.
I will keep you posted on the stone mason animations here.
Image

Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Krom

User avatar

KaM Remake Developer

Posts: 3208

Joined: 09 May 2006, 22:00

Location: Russia

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Jan 2013, 05:38

Re: Stone mason Animations

Looks like he is still doing it from behind.

KaM camera pitch is ~35 degrees, if you have 3D modelling skills or have a camera and some action figures you can see how body parts visibility change from different angles. In that case his legs will be more occluded by the torso and head.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Lewin

User avatar

KaM Remake Developer

Posts: 3820

Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 22:00

Location: Australia

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 31 Jan 2013, 08:49

Re: Stone mason Animations

I agree with Krom about the perspective.
Another thing: Make sure you make exactly the same number of images as the original animation (basically you should just make a replacement image for each of the original images, then we can use the same animation sequence). Otherwise the animation/timing will be wrong.
<<

Romek

User avatar

Lance Carrier

Posts: 67

Joined: 19 May 2012, 18:52

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 31 Jan 2013, 10:49

Re: Stone mason Animations

EDMatt wrote:This is a topic made specifically for stonemason animations, I am starting it off with what I have done so far for stone mason animation, here is front animation of stone-mason working.
Image

The hands are not yet done, because I had to first achieve a smooth action , ofcourse I did the same with the back muscles , feet and hips.
Front action is about 70% complete I would say.
I will keep you posted on the stone mason animations here.


It can works on Paker map.
GG Matt... GG.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Posts: 409

Joined: 08 Jul 2012, 00:43

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 31 Jan 2013, 14:49

Re: Stone mason Animations

Romo wrote:
EDMatt wrote:This is a topic made specifically for stonemason animations, I am starting it off with what I have done so far for stone mason animation, here is front animation of stone-mason working.
Image

The hands are not yet done, because I had to first achieve a smooth action , ofcourse I did the same with the back muscles , feet and hips.
Front action is about 70% complete I would say.
I will keep you posted on the stone mason animations here.


It can works on Paker map.
GG Matt... GG.

What do you mean?
Krom wrote:Looks like he is still doing it from behind.

KaM camera pitch is ~35 degrees, if you have 3D modelling skills or have a camera and some action figures you can see how body parts visibility change from different angles. In that case his legs will be more occluded by the torso and head.


Ill work on that.
Image

Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Ben

User avatar

Prince Lothar

Posts: 3773

Joined: 08 Jan 2009, 23:00

Location: United States of America GMT-5 (Standard Time)

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 12 Feb 2013, 22:50

Re: Stone mason Animations

If I am to understand the idea behind this topic, you are making animations for the stonemason to cut from the "north" end of a stone deposit?
If so, then this is an excellent idea... if you could possibly make a good animation.

Good luck.
#thunderposting #greentornado
<<

pawel95

User avatar

Castle Guard Swordsman

Posts: 1911

Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 22:00

Location: "Pawel95" on Youtube.com

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Nov 2013, 18:34

Re: Stone mason Animations

Any news? :mrgreen:
<<

Krom

User avatar

KaM Remake Developer

Posts: 3208

Joined: 09 May 2006, 22:00

Location: Russia

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Nov 2013, 19:44

Re: Stone mason Animations

That guy reminds me about Half-Life labcoat zombies - with similar stretched red arms and twitchy movements ;)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Papundekl

Woodcutter

Posts: 19

Joined: 17 Jul 2012, 13:14

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Nov 2013, 11:01

Re: Stone mason Animations

main problem of all this animations/images/arts "remakes" is really simple, original KaM graphic is made in 3Ds Max (really old version) or in another 3D modeling tool and of course textures are made in some kind of Photoshop, so you will never achieve same smooth and beauty graphic effect using only photoshop or MsPaint :D (esspecially in animations).

second problem (and maybe it is not a problem) is: this is KaM Remake, Lewin and Krom made whole game engine from scratch, but i dont think if adding graphic or huge graphic changes will be ok due to copyright and other similiar sh*it

anyway, i really appreciate this fans graphic work (and this is cool idea, mining stone from "north"), but if you want to change KaM graphic, do it right way - use the right tools and make the same precise KaM graphic which we all know from original game :)
<<

Ben

User avatar

Prince Lothar

Posts: 3773

Joined: 08 Jan 2009, 23:00

Location: United States of America GMT-5 (Standard Time)

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 21 Nov 2013, 16:12

Re: Stone mason Animations

Papundekl wrote:second problem (and maybe it is not a problem) is: this is KaM Remake, Lewin and Krom made whole game engine from scratch, but i dont think if adding graphic or huge graphic changes will be ok due to copyright and other similiar sh*it

Probably not, as the Remake includes many new animations, including the market. There are also new songs, sound effects, etc.

Topware (I believe they are the current owners) even sells the Remake with KaM now, so I'm guessing that they are more than "okay" with the Remake's development.
#thunderposting #greentornado
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Posts: 1314

Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 21:36

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Nov 2013, 16:28

Re: Stone mason Animations

Ben wrote:
Papundekl wrote:second problem (and maybe it is not a problem) is: this is KaM Remake, Lewin and Krom made whole game engine from scratch, but i dont think if adding graphic or huge graphic changes will be ok due to copyright and other similiar sh*it

Probably not, as the Remake includes many new animations, including the market. There are also new songs, sound effects, etc.

Topware (I believe they are the current owners) even sells the Remake with KaM now, so I'm guessing that they are more than "okay" with the Remake's development.



Ben is right, and offcourse what topware does is a good move. The remake will promote itself and so they will have a few extra sales because of it. The only problem you can get is if you are actually going to charge for the remake.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Papundekl

Woodcutter

Posts: 19

Joined: 17 Jul 2012, 13:14

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Nov 2013, 16:38

Re: Stone mason Animations

Ben wrote:
Papundekl wrote:...

Probably not, as the Remake includes many new animations, including the market. There are also new songs, sound effects, etc.


Market graphic was prepared for second KaM (TPR), its not "new" graphic....

as i said, this is not a big deal at all, but it can be tricky :), anyway, if Lewin or Krom will consider new graphic for game, it must look lika old graphic, no Photoshop/MsPaint skatch
<<

Ben

User avatar

Prince Lothar

Posts: 3773

Joined: 08 Jan 2009, 23:00

Location: United States of America GMT-5 (Standard Time)

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 21 Nov 2013, 16:40

Re: Stone mason Animations

Papundekl wrote:
Ben wrote:
Papundekl wrote:...

Probably not, as the Remake includes many new animations, including the market. There are also new songs, sound effects, etc.


Market graphic was prepared for second KaM (TPR), its not "new" graphic....

Stargazer (member on another board) made that. So yes, it's new.
#thunderposting #greentornado
<<

Bence791

Knight

Posts: 618

Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 20:25

Location: Hungary

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 21 Nov 2013, 18:31

Re: Stone mason Animations

And Malin drew over 300 "trade animations" (afaik), so even if it (the building itself) was drawn by the creators, it is still new stuff.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!


Return to Other Creations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests