Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New unit brainstorm

<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 28 Jan 2013, 21:44

Re: New unit brainstorm

Alright then, my apologies. I interpreted it in the wrong way.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 28 Jan 2013, 21:46

I think that sounds great to retime iron production, which should be a little slower than leather production.

This way leather has the quantity advantage, while iron just quality.
Both should be combined for a well balanced army. quantity + quality.

Nowadays we see "quantity of quality", referring to the mass Xbows or mass Swordfighters (+ militias to back it up).

"No offence, but you sound like an ignorant *cut* in your post, especially since you don't perticipate much at all in the beta release games"

No offence friend Matt, but I don't sound ignorant at all... but more like a person who knows where the problem can be solved.
And you repeat as Mulberry that comment "no participation in beta games", sorry but replays exist for something.
I have been watching all the games during the last weeks, even those in which you don't participate.
For an analyzer like me, I always speak after having a solid reference base... and my "long term memory" is preety good. :D

Don't worry Matt, I enjoy your efforts to change the game... but I forsee that adding 5-10 sec of resting time for iron cycles in every stage,
makes Iron important, but not spammable as it is now.
Note that leather cycle is kept same as now... so we can go leather for quantity, and iron for quality.

My concept is basic and easy to understand. Doesn't require more efforts than just adding more resting time for Iron workers, which should be logical (as a aside effect), since Iron forging could require 1 day of real work. :)
Last edited by Jeronimo on 28 Jan 2013, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Jan 2013, 21:47

Don't worry, I don't attack anyone without reason. :wink:
Jeronimo, now army od xbows is definitely not enough. In beta release units with shield are more resistant from bows' attack. Knights can without any problem kill big army of shooters.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 28 Jan 2013, 22:03

Just for the "testing sake" it would be handy if Lewin or Krom prepares a quick executable with "workers +10 rest seconds" for all iron line.

Iron mine, Iron bar, iron workshop, iron armoury.
Let's say we keep proportions like "3 mine - 3 iron bar - 2 workshop - 2 armoury".

But in the time of 60 PT, this Time Tweak, will cause that instead of having 30 sword fighers, you will produce like 20 (with early iron production start).

In my humble opinion, this will make the iron + leather combination more reliable (than full slower iron + militia).
:wink: It's worth testing, I have great expectations. :wink:
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 28 Jan 2013, 22:22

And how will it have an attack powerful enough to kill sword fighters in such a rate that they are 'a counter', but not so powerful that they slaughter knights as well?
But hey, I have a brilliant idea, let's reduce the attack of the sword fighter just a tiny bit so it's less 'op'.
Jero's idea isn't that bad, I mean it will help leather become more useful, but that was not what this discussion was about as far as I know (and personally I don't see the need for a 'leather buff' yet).
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 28 Jan 2013, 22:34

And how will it have an attack powerful enough to kill sword fighters in such a rate that they are 'a counter', but not so powerful that they slaughter knights as well?
But hey, I have a brilliant idea, let's reduce the attack of the sword fighter just a tiny bit so it's less 'op'.
Jero's idea isn't that bad, I mean it will help leather become more useful, but that was not what this discussion was about as far as I know (and personally I don't see the need for a 'leather buff' yet).
gg
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 28 Jan 2013, 22:47

Just trying to get answers, as you clearly won't answer these questions without some encouragement. Why do you expect me to reply to you if you don't reply to me?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 29 Jan 2013, 05:17

Offtopic: Jeronimos idea is good, however I believe iron should be superior to leather, not by much, but still better. Maybe we could debuff iron production by some 10-15%, but thats still separate from where this topic has gone, so please ignore this remark for now.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 29 Jan 2013, 14:25

For now then, I wil work on stone mason animation, how can i export the current stone mason animation ?
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Jan 2013, 14:26

Matt come to ts i will tell you!

EDIT: NO sorry He means, not "frame per frame Exporting" but the whole animation as one file :D so someone other must help him than :D
Last edited by pawel95 on 29 Jan 2013, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 29 Jan 2013, 14:30

@EDMatt: Launch KaM Remake, F11, Export Resources, units.rxx. It will export all units animations to KaM Remake\Export\Units.rxx. There you will need to find stonemason sprites manually.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Jan 2013, 14:32

@EDMatt: Launch KaM Remake, F11, Export Resources, units.rxx. It will export all units animations to KaM Remake\Export\Units.rxx. There you will need to find stonemason sprites manually.
I have said that this is what he actualy dont want :P
<<

Mixons

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 29 Jan 2013, 22:19

Sorry for spam, its not topic for this, but i really think Jero`s idea sounds very good. I dont say, this will be balance leather and iron, I just think maybe one time we can try this in some RC.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 29 Jan 2013, 22:27

Sorry for spam, its not topic for this, but i really think Jero`s idea sounds very good. I dont say, this will be balance leather and iron, I just think maybe one time we can try this in some RC.
gg Mixons.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Mixons

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 29 Jan 2013, 22:31

gg Mixons.
I agree with you Matt, its GG :P

Return to “Other Creations”