<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 25 Jul 2012, 00:51

Re: HellRacer's maps

Well, we'll see how it turns out if people test this map. IF that is :P
I'd love to play on it some time :) We should organise some matches to test it.
Or if that's too difficult at the moment we should be able to organise it for during the beta testing of the next release at least.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 25 Jul 2012, 07:03

We should organise some matches to test it.
I agree it's an good idea organising some games to test maps in a final state.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 25 Jul 2012, 10:17

Well, we'll see how it turns out if people test this map. IF that is :P
I'd love to play on it some time :) We should organise some matches to test it.
Or if that's too difficult at the moment we should be able to organise it for during the beta testing of the next release at least.
Yes it should be possible during the beta testing, but I should finish it more than it is right now by that time , otherwise I won't have enough time :P
I didn't add all objects because if I had to change some things around I might had to change the objects too.
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 28 Jul 2012, 16:34

Re: HellRacer's multiplayer maps

hmm too bad no one else looked at it. I would have liked to have some more tips.
Oh well, I can't work on anything for the coming 2-3 weeks anyways, maybe that's enough time to test it.
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 16 Sep 2012, 09:35

I played loc 7 and:
-Stone glitch, I was forced to trade coal for stone.
-Like revo said, not enough space. The only way to finish your town is by not making woodcutters and trade all your coal for trunks.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 21 Sep 2012, 01:59

I played loc 7 and:
-Stone glitch, I was forced to trade coal for stone.
-Like revo said, not enough space. The only way to finish your town is by not making woodcutters and trade all your coal for trunks.
so you can't get any stone from the mountain at all?
I'm afraid I can't work on it for a while, it has to wait.
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 22 Sep 2012, 22:28

I had stone but only half of the mountain.
Also why did you unlock woodcutter but not stone macon?
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 23 Sep 2012, 02:34

hah I wasn't really thinking I guess. I didn't realize you'd have to build school and inn before you can build the stonemason. lol
It's not that much of a problem, is it?
EDIT: Mountain has been fixed, you can now mine all of it.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 27 Sep 2012, 06:01

So, The Cracked Land is played quite a bit these times in RC... here are some of my thoughts. For now I can say that there's too few stone at south locations (while there's maany at north ones), too few place for woodcutters (but there's lots of coal so you can just build 2 woodcutters and trade the whole coalfield for trunks... not everyone wants to use market tho :P). Also it seems that northern players have better entrances - but I only played south as of now so I need to see the second side of the map to judge it fairly. Especially entrance between locs 2,3 and loc 8 - try to get into loc 2,3 cities through that small entrance, while being shot by xbows from 2 directions; on the other hand, loc 8 entrance is similar but little wider and easier to go through. Loc 8 has a very annoying stone bit that takes a LONG while to be mined out (right Luki? :P) There are some things I like - for example, the fact that the map forces you to make an epic 3v3/4v4 fight at left :)
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 30 Sep 2012, 01:38

So, The Cracked Land is played quite a bit these times in RC... here are some of my thoughts. For now I can say that there's too few stone at south locations (while there's maany at north ones), too few place for woodcutters (but there's lots of coal so you can just build 2 woodcutters and trade the whole coalfield for trunks... not everyone wants to use market tho :P).
I was afraid something like that would happen. :P I did try to add more stone to the south locs by using the most concentrated tiles.
Also it seems that northern players have better entrances - but I only played south as of now so I need to see the second side of the map to judge it fairly. Especially entrance between locs 2,3 and loc 8 - try to get into loc 2,3 cities through that small entrance, while being shot by xbows from 2 directions; on the other hand, loc 8 entrance is similar but little wider and easier to go through.
oh yes, I agree with the south entrance of loc 2 and 3: You can line up an army (of archers) on the left without getting attacked by the enemy army (doesn't include archers). I wanted to move the entrance a little bit more to the north, so that it is +- as far away as the loc 7 one.
Loc 8 has a very annoying stone bit that takes a LONG while to be mined out (right Luki? :P) There are some things I like - for example, the fact that the map forces you to make an epic 3v3/4v4 fight at left :)
''very annoying stone bit'' ? This mountain is smaller than the others, but is more concentrated, so the more stone you can get from it.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
<<

HellRacer

Lance Carrier

Post 23 May 2013, 11:56

Re: HellRacer's Single & Multiplayer Maps

Hello,

It's been a while since I last posted/played KaM. I wanted to tell you what I'm up to lately.
I have started working on a campaign a long time ago now and I'd like to release it before the new demo comes out.
If I won't finish it in time I'll at least try to enter the dynamic scripting competition with one of the misisons from the campaign.
(More info in first post)

On further note: I completely abandoned the work on an unreleased multiplayer mission, The Peninsula. It had all those seperate tiles after saving it in the KaM Remake editor(in an older version of the Remake) so I couldn't use the brush normally anymore.

Occasionally I read the forums and I saw all those lovely comments about one of my maps: Volcano Valley (HAHA). Who thinks I should do something about it? Any suggestions?

HellRacer.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 23 May 2013, 12:50

Great to hear you'll still be working on maps :)
On further note: I completely abandoned the work on an unreleased multiplayer mission, The Peninsula. It had all those seperate tiles after saving it in the KaM Remake editor(in an older version of the Remake) so I couldn't use the brush normally anymore.
The latest version of the KaM Remake (release candidates) can regenerate the missing tile data, just open and save it with the RC and the data will be restored :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 May 2013, 15:28

HellRacer! It's great to see that you're still around.

Your maps are of superb quality: Only the Dark Lord can compete when it comes to looks (in my opinion). When looking at your maps, it is clear that you would a huge amount of time into them, but there is one problem: They are often unbalanced or very campy. In Volcano Valley, players are not given the same amount of iron, for example, and it is indeed very campy. The best way to fix it would be to expand the entrances, and make more of them. It might be hard to fit it into the design of the map, but it will certainly make it more playable.

The Cracked Land is another gorgeous map. It is quite campy, too (I think that the left side of the map has a two-tile choke-point somewhere) and looks very unbalanced. If you could balance the teams out more, and make it slightly less campy then this would be a fine map, indeed. Remember that locations don't need to be symmetrical, but at least make the teams balanced like To did in Back in the Desert: Each location has a weakness and strength, and all the team's locations together make up for their weaknesses.

I am looking forward to your work :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Vas

Rogue

Post 24 May 2013, 10:55

Hey HellRacer
I only want to say that The Forbidden Land is one of the best missions I have ever played.
Map & Mission Design is brilliant. I see that you took time for placing every single object, your volcanic mountains are your own brand, also in other maps.. In my opinion you're one of the best mappers.. : ) Please keep it up!

Return to “Map Design”