thunder's map

<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 15 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: thunder's map

Well,
The plan was making harder lacations where the big fat base need heavy planning.
I wanted a map where the players whose already bored the infinity building withouth thinking, they can find other multimap also.
I tried to look the balance also so every locations should have a pair.

Loc 1 - Loc2
this two locations are planned for smaller cities, villages. You cant build out from the island. Not necesaryy the fell only function, but it is depend the player's style. I still can advice delete your storehouse at PT for more space.islands are really closed, got only one little entrances+ that unbuildable brige. Next to these locations has detailed fighting zone, so rush this base not the best ideas:S

Loc3,4- Loc 6,7
I planned these locations for huge big fat base. Leather abuse locations. Loc6 is a little bit tricky with his north forest. Loc6&loc7 have to work together, need a little teamwork at the start. I mean on the positon's of the woodcutters. These duplicated corner locations have the widest entrances from the largest fighting passage and these can biuld out to the fighting zone. Loc 6 and loc3 start from next to the stonehills. This storehouse position is 'irregular'. From the corners seems the best plan attacking loc5.

Loc 5- Loc 8

I made prebuild, and tested with my level these locations (so better players can make better jobs;)). At first look loc5 and 8 hard, but my experience was good. Enough hard, have to think, need to use fell only at woodcutter, and nearly balanced. Somebody told loc5 harder than 8 but others tell 8is harder than 5. I tried out and first all two seemed similar level. I ve already given little bit more buildable space for this locations, but just for be good for everybody. On this two locations can build larger base than L1,L2, but smaller than duplicated corners.

Every locations have 2 iron slots. So the early iron is important.
Store setting seemed good under the testing, there werent wood and food problems.

Fighting zone
The figthing zone seems enough large for PT army. I could put 1600 units on the zone. I dont think to too much space there for camping on the island or possible bases. The players have to go out, and then will meet with the enemy forces.. But who want to camp, can find out how is that possible...

2v2 -60PT
3v3 -55-60PT
4v4 -50-55PT (top vs bootom, L vs R)

Okey this were the basic ideas. //this was the first time when I used other game's map (SC?)<i found it with gogle:S>, and other maps settings and style./

I really would like to see how does it work with 8p.

PS: Camping map?:) As i always say the players are the campers.;P one is attacking and one is defending.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 15 Dec 2013, 15:27

Nice as always, but can you put it in the first post? :wink:
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 15 Dec 2013, 16:26

Nice as always, but can you put it in the first post? :wink:
Hehe, nice, I still dont know how could add more picture to the first post;)
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Feb 2014, 17:26

Hi all!

downloadlink:
http://www.speedyshare.com/nuGQB/thunde ... 40424b.zip

Today i had a little time to editing maps. I wondered missed some maps from the new released so i had to copy some unreleased maps from the previous release etc...
After the copying i made some changes and updating on some maps where was necesarry.
This map collection has my all maps for multiplayer game.

8brothers- no touching
Abrak- no touching
Alagsor2- more fighting space, but still little. 1v1 map with equal base size
Amphibian- larger centre area for fighting. Typical antihorse map with equal locations.1v1 map
AliceB- :) yes B, just because she is still beautyXD okay this map has tons of changes. The locations can't catch the next loc resources. The other changes not huge...
Annie- huhh, once i will make corrections...once until i will collect info, advices for the changes. i plan one entrances for all locations...
Boarder River FTR11- okay this isnt my map, but i still hopethis map has future! -->there is a topic about this mission...
Circus 2- :) the arena finally finished. this map is a figthing map for 8p. two kind of army on the map. I hadnt have time for testing, but maybe the ffa can also work...
Dead Rivers- no touching. That is a perfect map;P and i worked lot of beforeXD. "a noob map for pro horse players"
Desertline- correcting the lakes so i hope the fishers will be happy for long time. I did heavy elevations on all mountains and gave some heavy hills to the centre. All two side has larger building zone. But the map is still too small. So enjoy the calculated games!...
Iceline- Spring is my love so i didnt touch the ice again...
Multiland- what is IMBA there? XD -no touching
Sharpland- my newest map for 3v3 or 4v4. I created here 3 kind of locs with WELL placed stores:) I hope this map will have enough hard starting.
Swan Hill- this was already balanced thanks for Ben!;) in this pack find the balanced version. The top side has larger are then before!!! and top right corner has easier position because goldmountian switched.
Utopia- i dont have to telling the story, everybody knows;) thanks for the Community and all that 22mapmakers!
WonderWord- a small 3v3 map with 8 locations. 3v3 only because this isnt a huge map! but looks out well and there are some interesting locations/walls in the city, building on bridges ets.../. I like this map.
WonderWord TH- basicly the map created for the townhall script. With this script the players can create townhall units from the 3rd school with the same price +training time.--->i hope there will be tested this building.;P

Well thats all now!
I wish you all enjoyable and heavy games!

thunder
Last edited by thunder on 24 Apr 2014, 07:38, edited 2 times in total.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 19 Apr 2014, 12:20

Hey all!

I created a silent video without any subtitles:S The video is realtime without any cutted part. The first 10minutes is missed, just because im noob of video creating. (yet)

Downloadlink:
http://www.speedyshare.com/vzySy/loc-by-thunder.mp4

I usually use 5 parts of the editing:
-basic lines (missing part)
-coloring
-elevating
-trees and any other objects
-setting of the locations and the players

/tests.../

Enjoy it!
t

ps: the idea came from Ben's mapmaking tutorial ;) Thanks!
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 24 Apr 2014, 07:33

Hi all!

downloadlink:

Today i had a little time to editing maps. I wondered missed some maps from the new released so i had to copy some unreleased maps from the previous release etc...
After the copying i made some changes and updating on some maps where was necesarry.
This map collection has my all maps for multiplayer game.

8brothers- no touching
Abrak- no touching
Alagsor2- more fighting space, but still little. 1v1 map with equal base size
Amphibian- larger centre area for fighting. Typical antihorse map with equal locations.1v1 map
AliceB- :) yes B, just because she is still beautyXD okay this map has tons of changes. The locations can't catch the next loc resources. The other changes not huge...
Annie- huhh, once i will make corrections...once until i will collect info, advices for the changes. i plan one entrances for all locations...
Boarder River FTR11- okay this isnt my map, but i still hopethis map has future! -->there is a topic about this mission...
Circus 2- :) the arena finally finished. this map is a figthing map for 8p. two kind of army on the map. I hadnt have time for testing, but maybe the ffa can also work...
Dead Rivers- no touching. That is a perfect map;P and i worked lot of beforeXD. "a noob map for pro horse players"
Desertline- correcting the lakes so i hope the fishers will be happy for long time. I did heavy elevations on all mountains and gave some heavy hills to the centre. All two side has larger building zone. But the map is still too small. So enjoy the calculated games!...
Iceline- Spring is my love so i didnt touch the ice again...
Multiland- what is IMBA there? XD -no touching
Sharpland- my newest map for 3v3 or 4v4. I created here 3 kind of locs with WELL placed stores:) I hope this map will have enough hard starting.
Swan Hill- this was already balanced thanks for Ben!;) in this pack find the balanced version. The top side has larger are then before!!! and top right corner has easier position because goldmountian switched.
Utopia- i dont have to telling the story, everybody knows;) thanks for the Community and all that 22mapmakers!
WonderWord- a small 3v3 map with 8 locations. 3v3 only because this isnt a huge map! but looks out well and there are some interesting locations/walls in the city, building on bridges ets.../. I like this map.
WonderWord TH- basicly the map created for the townhall script. With this script the players can create townhall units from the 3rd school with the same price +training time.--->i hope there will be tested this building.;P

Well thats all now!
I wish you all enjoyable and heavy games!

thunder
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 03 May 2014, 20:46

Hey all!

Some month ago i had an idea for a new map, but i didnt have too much time for anything:S but I had a little time on this week. :) so I spent 2 days working time with map making. First of all I have to say tons of thanks to [I.G]Romek and koczis12 for helped with their advices. And for the first test gamers also! Oh and of course thanks to sado for the fast scripting!;)
After the first version of this map i had to make lot of changes. I deleted nearly the all centre hills so now there is only the bridge as an object.

The idea of the map was simple. So i used easy mapmaking tools. I changed a little my mapmaking style, I tried out some new things. For example less objects on the map, some very opened locations and huge nearly empty fighting zones, less colormixing on the map. I had a basic sketch as always. :) The basic ide was mixing good maps in one map /AcrossD, GoldenC, TFF/ and be 8P.

I attached some pictures to see the idea behind the map. every locs have a pair. 1+2;3+4;5+6;7+8. One location-corners-is deeply inside and the other one is build into the centre (or has chance to build into the centre.)
Left vs right, top vs bottom.

I made prebuilds on locations and i ve already seen there isnt large problems with space. All locations have nearly same strenght. I checked some stats also about it.
Unfortunately i can't test alone the fighting zone's structure so i decide to present it now and later in the future after some more test games i will make changes or balancing. But i need some replay and feedbacks about it. Possible i will work more on the elevation in the centre zone but until just have fun!

Downloadlink:
http://www.speedyshare.com/CUWvj/New-Horizon.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 May 2014, 09:35

One of your best maps. I want to try it.
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 04 May 2014, 10:52

Nice map as always. Only one thing which I dislike is... dynamic script :P No need to force players to return back to "Stone Age" releases (slow building order I mean) ;)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 05 May 2014, 14:25

Only one thing which I dislike is... dynamic script :P No need to force players to return back to "Stone Age" releases (slow building order I mean) ;)
*Subjective opinion-alert* :P There are people(including me) who like this original building order :D On some maps it works better with the old order, on other maps better with the new order :D
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 May 2014, 14:44

then better add a checkbox in the lobby to set slow building order (which won't be used by 99% of players) than make a building map with script for 5-6, maybe 10, people ;)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 May 2014, 15:26

No, that checkbox is not needed. Some maps need that slow building order to make them work as indented. It'd be like having a checkbox to start with +30 gold.

Anyway, this map looks at least twice as good as anything you've done in the past Thunder! Well done, I'm really excited to check this one out ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 05 May 2014, 15:34

then better add a checkbox in the lobby to set slow building order (which won't be used by 99% of players) than make a building map with script for 5-6, maybe 10, people ;)
Lol. First of all please stay on topic. Second, exactly your idea is what I wanted to do for the "new building order" There was a huge topic and a huge rage about it on the forum. Many people didn´t want to have it, to choose fast start additionaly. So now everyone has to deal with the fast start, except smart guys like Thunder who just pasted a script. Let it be his idea, it´s his map ;-) Checkbox would also mean, you can play the map like you want. Then we would need also a checkbox about Low recources/high recources or a checkbox for leather only/iron only :P :P
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 05 May 2014, 17:53

Nice map as always. Only one thing which I dislike is... dynamic script :P No need to force players to return back to "Stone Age" releases (slow building order I mean) ;)
For disliking my script, you will die. Someday. I promise. xD
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 May 2014, 19:09

For disliking my script, you will die. Someday. I promise. xD
*By Ben, edited by sado :P
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Map Design”