Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

thunder's map

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Nov 2013, 18:43

Re: thunder's map

It looks quite uninteresting, with the minimal fighting space. But then, I haven't played it or very much 1v1 at all, so I could be wrong. Still, quite small locations makes knight strategies or all melee in general pretty much useless. I think it can afford a little more fighting room, perhaps entrances at the top of the bases?

Also, if you are going to use map copy, why not use mirror? The map would be balanced then ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 12 Nov 2013, 19:27

I dont like mirroring, and copy paste.:) I just tried out. I wanted to vreate balanced loacation, but with nearly the same chance.
These two locations have three-three little entrances. The northern one is the smallest and the nearest together. The shoutest arethe farest and the widest.

For me interesting one player says its campy map and another one says a map for rush...
It is already GG;) :D

How i see, after i played also. I dont like to use fell only function, and this is why interesting this map. I wanted to make small roads with lots of choke points. The reason was easy: nobody can do stay 40 bows and just stay... (the bases are enough crowded for standing with 40-50bows inside without trafficjams etc...)
"The small cities can work better on it."-David said.-Perhaps yes.

anyway the next one is under process and that will have similar copied base...which is boring but maybe fair if placed well...im still hoping will work:)

So just Have fun as always!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Nov 2013, 20:14

I dont like mirroring, and copy paste.:) I just tried out. I wanted to vreate balanced loacation, but with nearly the same chance.
These two locations have three-three little entrances. The northern one is the smallest and the nearest together. The shoutest arethe farest and the widest.
The point is if you are going to use copy/paste, why not also use mirror?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 12 Nov 2013, 21:39

For me mirroring isnt equal for balancing. But sometimes can be good or funny.
Copy paste loc as you see i tried to use again the same system with huge variatons, i wanted to be equal chance at the entry points. Top and bottom of the locs have nearly the same entry points, the tower making are there on nearly the same way. If just mirrored the locs possible can't get the same result, i mean on top will have much much wider entrances etc...

This is the new one //it was 3 hour:
attached as zip file

Called it Alagsor. 1v1.
Fast building(6-6 serf and builder), lot of corn because the farm is opened. Larger location than on the amphibiant.
The fighting zone again campy, but larger and the trainable army is also larger.
Have fun!
:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thunder on 15 Nov 2013, 13:03, edited 4 times in total.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 14 Nov 2013, 12:32

Hi again!

Circus is already remade... Now all units are simply visible. Guards, and gladiators. Minimal army. (I adice top vs bottom, or left vs right, because possible corners vs centre wont work as well...:s)
Circus2:
http://www.speedyshare.com/brHbM/Circus2.zip

and all maps whiches touches by me, these are the latest released thundy maps:):

http://www.speedyshare.com/fJt7k/thunde ... 131114.zip

And as always, just have fun!

;)
Last edited by thunder on 15 Nov 2013, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 14 Nov 2013, 16:06

Alagsor is like your shortened version of Desert Line, but with lots of space/resources.

Respect the fighting area, is quite sad to do it like that... unless you disable towers.

Still I'd like something new and crazy: A complete cordillera (mountains chain) from left to right... but with SUPER NARROW passages of 2 tiles (using the mountains borders tiles).
This way it delimits where can you build... and will be really funny to see the armies cross the mountains in different areas.

I prepare this little multiplayer map for you Thunder to make you understand better my idea. :P
Of course you will take care of asymmetric details later... or probably use this to make a whole new map?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 14 Nov 2013, 16:42

:)
Yeah i got some ideas nowadays. This idea is goo Jero. I can imagine a uge fightine zones with these kind of little or narrow entrances for passage. This ide is usable.;)
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 15 Nov 2013, 12:37

Had to fixed units walking between the hills.

The first testgame was unbeiliableXD
I had huge roblem with wood...i played with only 2-3 wood cutter...
:S

GG Bence;)!
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 15 Nov 2013, 16:29

My final advices:
1) Increase fishes from 20 to 50 in each lake -> Rich start remember?
2) Disable towers. Many towers + archers turns into boring gameplay, and impossible for cavalry to rush base.
3) Map lacks landscape beauty... Where are the "large mushrooms concentrations"? Adds +1 quality point. :)
4) Passages recommended to be of 2 tiles and placed further from center (more variations for tactical decisions).
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 13 Dec 2013, 23:00

Sziasztok!

;)

http://www.speedyshare.com/PJYXv/SharpLand-fix0.2.zip

A small one...
Have fun!
t

Ps:already modified.
<<

thejoliejooker

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 14 Dec 2013, 15:33

Jó tudni, hogy magyar csinálta az Iceline-t, egyik kedvenc pályánk a társammal meg az apjával. 17-18 meccsből 2-szer kaptunk ki rajta. Le a kalappal! :)

Sorry, for the Hungarian comment, but it was a bit personal.
<<

MpranavM

Warrior

Post 14 Dec 2013, 15:42

I cracked the message HahAhaHa :D
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 14 Dec 2013, 16:04

Thank you JolieJooker!
Im really happy there are more and more hungarian players, friends and family.;)
Anyway I ve already noticed that you had a good trio;) as Arthur, Ottókirály, Joker.
Maybe once we can play together also. Somehow organize a game.

Just have fun guys!;)
<<

thejoliejooker

Farmer

Post 15 Dec 2013, 09:52

Thank you JolieJooker!
Im really happy there are more and more hungarian players, friends and family.;)
Anyway I ve already noticed that you had a good trio;) as Arthur, Ottókirály, Joker.
Maybe once we can play together also. Somehow organize a game.

Just have fun guys!;)
Of course we can, thanks, I love your maps :) (By the way, call me jooker please, that's my exact name :) )
jooker
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 Dec 2013, 10:59

The terrain is not bad, but some locations have really close mountains that are big obstacles in city building.
To be honest, I wouldn't play on these locations (e.g. 5, 6) happily. You can hardly make an efficient city plan there.

Return to “Map Design”