Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Co-op Maps by Creations

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Sep 2012, 09:47

Re: Co-op Maps by Creations

Well that means that if u download maps from my thread they are outdated. So I recomment using the maps that are in the remake already.
Lol, but I havent download any of your maps from this site :D I´m playing the normal game with the "standard map" in RC2!? So is this actuall or not, or other way round, can you give me the link with the actual one.
Nothing special really just a big attack after 1 hour-ish, no towers allowed in this map.
Hahah that means, with stupid Ai-setting, if I attack one person, they will come with ALl they have and destroy everything? :P
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 04 Sep 2012, 11:14

Hahah that means, with stupid Ai-setting, if I attack one person, they will come with ALl they have and destroy everything? :P
That's caused by having defence radiuses for the defence positions so that they are all in reach of the "threat". This means if you attack one group, the other groups will see you as a "threat" and attack you too. Reducing the defence radiuses so they cover a smaller area would stop this from happening, but it could have other side effects like not protecting buildings that are under attack. We might find a better solution to this later, even just defining a rectangle to defend might be more flexible (or multiple rectangles?)
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 04 Sep 2012, 11:23

Btw I cant edit my first 2 posts so the maps there are pretty much outdated :S
Sorry, that was my bad. It's fixed now, you should be able to edit your posts again ;)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 04 Sep 2012, 11:36

That's caused by having defence radiuses for the defence positions so that they are all in reach of the "threat". This means if you attack one group, the other groups will see you as a "threat" and attack you too. Reducing the defence radiuses so they cover a smaller area would stop this from happening, but it could have other side effects like not protecting buildings that are under attack. We might find a better solution to this later, even just defining a rectangle to defend might be more flexible (or multiple rectangles?)
Yeah i know, but that is the job of the mapmaker :mrgreen: ,its not my map. However i could fix this "Creation", if you dont know about this settings in Map Editor and want my help :P
<<

Creations

Rogue

Post 04 Sep 2012, 13:51

@anti viruz Thanks for that, I was wondering who I should contact for that.

Its supposed to come with everything, I wanted it to be a short map. However I am aware that you can "cheat" your way to their castle to win. But I really dont care about that, because in the end your just wasting your time if you cheat to win. Next release you`ll be able to make towers without first having to make a quarry, that was my bad.

Another thing you ought to know when I made these 2 maps, I didnt know how to script barely knew how to AI worked. So I will probably rework tropical dundee when I have got the time. But at the moment that is not my priority.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 08 Sep 2012, 19:55

Hey creations. Nice secon map: Hillycal dundee.

However one big problem. To low capacity of stones!!! After 50 minuts i have lost, because i havent any stone, and my stoneman can go outside the stone :D I can send you replay. Good that i have saved and so i could build a stoneman by my ally at left. I speak about the location RIGHT, there must me more about 200 stones. Or maybe at start a briefing: "build a market" or sth. like that :P

Replay i will upload in a few days.
<<

Creations

Rogue

Post 09 Sep 2012, 02:13

Would love to receive your replay, thanks in advance!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 10 Sep 2012, 13:35

Hey, i cant upload my reaplay yet. Maybe in a few days.

One other question. Me and Naruto(PL) are working on a fix of Waterfall Dundee. This map is really great. However we want to fix many AI things. Do you wold agree, that we are allowed to fix some things?
<<

Creations

Rogue

Post 10 Sep 2012, 13:42

Waterfall Dundee has already been finished the version you were playing was an early release just a preview. I already reworked the map and next release you will be able to play the final version. If you have the time to fix my maps in early stages then why dont you make some coop maps of your own? I would love to see more coop maps.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 10 Sep 2012, 13:45

Ok, thank you for your statement.
I have tried to make my own coop maps. I only can program things. I only working with scripts, because my maps looks very bad: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=820
<<

Creations

Rogue

Post 10 Sep 2012, 13:53

So you are saying if someone else makes a map for you, then you would be able to make a good scripted AI?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 10 Sep 2012, 13:59

So you are saying if someone else makes a map for you, then you would be able to make a good scripted AI?
Yeah for me there are two big things for Map-Making.
The for me bigger thing:(What i cant do):

1.) design and making map. specially making good mountains, because smaller things like a good coalfield, i can do today.

2.)The scripting. For me a good map is not only to have 3 opponents and all of these wil attack you after xx.xx.
I make everything what is about scripting. You must program, how much time, for first recruit, how agressive.
How the Ai reacts to attack 1 or attack 2. Also not only one big wave after 1 hour, but maybe smaller attacks after time.
This is the part,which i make quite good. I have started to script long time ago, Lewin told me much things via MSN there
:D Today there is the Mission Editor from Lewin, so this work is still easier.
<<

Creations

Rogue

Post 10 Sep 2012, 14:10

Alright, I have got a map available. Do you think you can make a mission out of this, obviously there are some places that needs improvement but I can only do that after you added AI towns etc. I think its suitable for 2 players. I would like to see your skills in action. We can test the map together when you made the AI etc.
Then if its good I can polish the map.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 10 Sep 2012, 14:17

Ok, but you must me say sth about. I see that it looks like a buidling map and not a fighting map. For me this is a map for 3 players. However this should be a coop mission or a normal Singleplayer mission?
<<

Creations

Rogue

Post 10 Sep 2012, 14:26

Yes it is a building map, I didnt know you were talking about fighting maps. This should be coop.

Return to “Map Design”