Rescue the Chefs

<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Mar 2018, 21:05

Rescue the Chefs

Hi,

Finally...It took lots of time, but created something other than simple multiplayer map. Here is my first CooP map for 1-2players.
It has a little script. Need to destroy 4 barracks to build a bridge to the barb's land. The funny thing is originally this map was planned for CooP...
The mission is destroy the barbarian camp's building.
The mission starts with a winable battle.
Enjoy it, its almost as like an icecream!
t
The King's Baker.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 18 Mar 2018, 13:14

Re: Rescue the Chefs

Ahahah the Duck's souce secret receipt. I must have it :P
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 20 Mar 2018, 19:08

Hi Thunder,
I presume this map will be for the competition? Thanks for participating!
If you are a 100% finished, please submit the map directly to Vatrix or Me. (:

Strange~
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 20 Mar 2018, 20:38

I only would sign this map to competition if there will be another 5 more. I don't want to race against me;P
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Mar 2018, 00:38

Hi Thunder! I and Luki played on this map. I must say that visually is really cool. Good job! But AI doesnt work good. Units in one group (200) are too high. We had a huge lags in this time when AI wanted attack us... Also you made mistakes with AI's villages, because they lost almost all soldiers (starvation). Idea is really nice, but look at this our replay: :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 22 Mar 2018, 07:18

I'm dissapointed with the map. I expected a better challenge and due AI's behaviours it feels bugged.

*1st barracks on left should be from a different AI player, e.g. Player 8-> If the territory belongs to Player 4 (AI from south corner), then expect that a massive migration since AI always places troops covering its own boundaries.
*Feeding issues with AI troops: All storehouses should have the 4 types of food, which helps providing serfs maximum health, and there is low number of serfs for AI Players 3 and 7. Player 7 needs a 2nd inn in town (more serfs and more sites to eat).
*Map design: While I like certain looks and terrains (starting land to build is okay), I don't like the land where you connect with bridge. It should be more like a labyrinth where you first have to cross AI player 6, which right now adds zero fun to the gameplay, it's just there building 1 school, 1 inn, 3 woodcutters and that's all.
*Scripts: The 2 tiles bridge just looks awfully miserable-> I was hoping a cooler bridge of at least 5 tiles of width.
Furthermore, the objective is to rescue baker+butcher... Then why no "congratulation message" when you kill the pikeman guarding the entrance? Destroying every storehouse, school, barracks in the map to get the victory message... really Thunder?
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Mar 2018, 19:55

Hello guys!

Lol. I even not really though it seriously!
I can not really can't disagree. I just can say thank you for tested it out! Even not had time to check the replays, but I guarantee I will watch them soon. -Im not sure will have time to fix the problems :?
I had this map and plan years in my maps and just though finish it finnaly. I spent 15minutes to script the map. I really don't know how the AI is working and doing or set it up. I just played the first battle few times to make sure its wnable and tested out the bridge to be sure build up after 4 destroyed barracks.
We had a huge lags in this time when AI wanted attack us...
Huh, I know set up a bigger kind of wave after 1hour and repeat it every 30minutes (?)
About the milites. I even not though those groups are huge, good to know that causeing lags :?
Also you made mistakes with AI's villages
huh, I set almost infinty food for them...I beilive the AI can manage food well... :$

I had one problem from the first seconds... I pressed the multiplayer AI autobuild or what that button is...after copied the whole map to make sure i wont have that setting. I guess because of that it is just f...d up. I was beiliving the final AI will make his own village well...

Jero, I see you are disappointed to wasted time on this coop, I'm really sorry! Note please first map where I'm using AI. Probably in the future I will upgrade things what you listed. I guess the 5 tiles bridge could be possible, but for that would have to destroy 6more barracks somewhere else :P I will look after it. The bridging part was not as hard to script.
then why no "congratulation message"
I should add of course, but I was beiliving when destroy AI7 (as the goal is) then the victory screen is popping up...Im lacking knowledge of the game...so sorry.

Thank you for all the reports, I won't forget to upgrade these!
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Mar 2018, 20:22

what a lag omg....
Probably I ill add thos milities later to the game with dynamic scripts...
Thanky again

Return to “Map Design”