Hall of fame Locations

<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 22 Mar 2017, 11:42

Hall of fame Locations

Hello!

A little game. I would like to ask you all to please offer 3 locations from any map(single player/multiplayer- doesn't matter what PT). Three of your the most favourite which are your ultimate favourites all time. I know it's a hard one because every map is different, every location is different, different style, different gameplays. It is a hard choice, but I'm almost sure there is an ultimate one what you really like to play. Sign those locations where you really love to play. If there would be only one location you would play it whole the time. Doesn't matter the quality, the playing style etc... Share your 3 favourites with short reasons. Which ones would you put into a Hall of fame?
(It's a kind of market research to me but a fun thing also.)
Need to give the map names and the number of the locations. If you would like to describe why then please do it.

For example mine were not secrets before:
1st ultimate one Boarder rivers 8P- location 2
Reason is simple- this is the perfect example where the players wouldn't like to play :wink: Basicly it is a very simple and 's...ty' location, almost one straitght way there to build, but one of the most technical locations are out there. First problem is need to handle your partner on location 1, need to share the building space with somebody. This is the hardest thing in the multiplayer mode-building villages together and sharing the resources. If your mate is a helpful one then you have easier game than would have normaly. Second problem is the very far gold mountain. There isn't other locations where the goldmountain would be as far.(If there is then possible there are forests or other resource between the storehouse and the hill-it means easier developing way) The long distance needs more serfs need to start with doubled gold production. Iron is possible but that one still further than the nearest golmine. Need to share the fish with enemy. The game starts are not easy either because the storehouse is in a forest. Is everything wrong on this location? No, because there is only one door what need to defend, it is an easy thing, except when you have to defend in your base. To me this location is a symbol of the hardness.
This location can teach(teached) lot about the game. It's qualit not the greatest but these technical stuffs which make the player to think make this loc for all time best to me. Unfortunately Boarder Rivers is a bit outdated so nobody plays anymore.

2nd Crystalline Falls-location 7
A well tought out location. I'm sure this is not a locationn what is really popular around the players. It is not a hard kind of location but a little bit tricky. Personaly I really like the thoughts behind the first 20minutes. When the map was relesaed it presented a completly different developing way to the quarries and still it has this uniqe thing. So sneaky quarry placement. Easy to set up the gold production. The ironproduction has a tiny problem- need to build lots of ironmine because the diversity of the hills. The fell only function around the storehouse. Limited building space and still there are useless sandy areas. This location needs also a little building techinice and also can present some interesting ways. The quality of this location is the wonderfull category. So this is why would its one of my favorite.
Unfortunately the structure of the map generate hard choice after the PT. Going to left or right?

3rd Moody Meadows -location 3
The low resources and two ironslots style. The location is easy categaroy but these things make the games funnier to me. Low resources means earlier market thoughs and the two ironmine slot generate more various armies in the past releases better chance for xbow+axefighter combo vs sword+bows (mass ike xbow).
Okay simply one of my favourite because it is beautiful with that infinity gap.

So please what are your top 3 favourite locations?

Thanks for help!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Mar 2017, 16:12

Re: Hall of fame Locations

I don't know if it's one of my favorite locations, but Back in the Desert-location 3 is quite famous. Everyone on Teamspeak knows this location. It's the definition of a ideal location. Also, you don't even need to build towers, leaving you time and resources to make your base quite large.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

TheRagingBullet

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 22 Mar 2017, 17:50

-bitd loc 6: best location ever.

-rich land loc 4: easiest location in the game to get huge armies with.

-original tff loc 4: best spam location in the game.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 24 Mar 2017, 02:49

Nice initiative Thunder :)

1 Wilderness 3 - Best loc there for sure, but a real challenge (and maybe more fun to play from time to time) is loc 4 ofcourse.
2 Across the Desert 3 - While 4 is a good loc to learn the basics, 3 is a one of a kind loc.
3 Back in the Desert 5 - 6 is indeed better overall, but 5 can be a beast if you dare to play it.
4 The Final Frontier 6 - Only loc where 50 50 can be made (so far).
5 Rebound 6 - I think all agree that its the best loc on the map (allthough 5 is not much less good).
6 Golden Cliffs 6 - Least picked loc probably, but still one of my favorites on that map.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 24 Mar 2017, 13:40

I hope to there will be more and more recommended locations.
It's nice to see how the players thinking about the game. Every players find different oportunities to play it.

Return to “Map Design”