Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New co-op mission

<<

JulianSnow2

Woodcutter

Post 30 Jan 2018, 19:26

New co-op mission

Hi everyone,

I've made this new co-op mission and added a little script but it seems to ignore the fact that this is an co-op map. I've attached it to this post, on my account it keeps setting the map as a builder map, and although I've made player 1 & 2 allied (set within the map editor). In the lobby player 2 is still able to choose a different team (at player 1 the team button is inactive) and the map seems to crash, 10 minuts into the game.

It's almost as if player 1 is allied to player 2, but not the other way around.

I thought setting player 1 and 2 allied within the script would solve the problem, but I haven't been able to figure out that command (the github is helpfull but sometimes a little messy).

Thanks in advance :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

JulianSnow2

Woodcutter

Post 14 Feb 2018, 10:35

Re: New co-op mission

This post may be removed.

I think I've found a way to correct my map, I've had some trouble with my PC so I was unable to edit my map, but that'll take some time since I first got to fix my PC :P
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Feb 2018, 17:52

Instead of removing the topic, just come post the solution once you have it figured out. That way future users can use it for help if needed.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

JulianSnow2

Woodcutter

Post 16 Feb 2018, 08:38

Instead of removing the topic, just come post the solution once you have it figured out. That way future users can use it for help if needed.
Hey Ben,

Well, I haven't figured it out. Instead I copied the map into a new map and set the attack timers manually. This way the game recognized it as a co-op map. Instead of an altered version of the map I used (Andreus hasn't responded to my request yet).

:P Not the programmer way, but it worked. The map isn't finished yet so that's why I haven't posted the latest version yet. And my PC is still broken :( thought my memory was damaged, but new memory didn't solve the issue. I fear I need a new graphics card, but those are expensive as hell these days.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 Feb 2018, 13:50

I am not sure what you are looking for. Just setting the map to make it appear in the coop menu?
If yes you just have to put the string "SetCoop" in the File "MAPNAME.txt". If you are using the newest beta (r8614) you can also set the Map to Coop in the MapEditor.
<<

Julian1991

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 02 Jul 2018, 13:13

I am not sure what you are looking for. Just setting the map to make it appear in the coop menu?
If yes you just have to put the string "SetCoop" in the File "MAPNAME.txt". If you are using the newest beta (r8614) you can also set the Map to Coop in the MapEditor.

Thanks for the tip Stagelove, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Part I is ready of my Co-op campaign thingy, but Part II & III doesn't seem to be set as Co-Op levels in the multiplayer menu. Could you, or someone who thinks that can help me, help me ?

I can send the entire map etc. through in a PM if you want.

Ragards,
JulianSnow.

Return to “Map Design”