Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New goal script discovery?

<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 01 Sep 2008, 21:16

New goal script discovery?

Whilst playing around hoping to come up with something to solve a little problem I had with the 1.6 patch, I managed to figure out what the unknown 0 value means in a goal script.
!ADD_GOAL 3 1 0 1

Now if we are to replace this 0 with the ID of a message, that message would be sent once the goal has been completed. Sounds quite useful if you ask me! :)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 02 Sep 2008, 07:12

Quite useful??? No it's not!!! This is AWESOME!!!!! :o
Think of all the possibilities...
Do any of the original missions use it? Or was it a feature that Peter implemented and forgot to tell Adam to use? :lol:

Do you think we can use this in SR3? We could do stuff such as congratulating the user after they destroy the AIs in the tutorial.

Yet another thing to add to my editor, the next release will be delayed further I'm afraid... :(

Lewin.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 02 Sep 2008, 08:26

Actually, that was exactly what I was planning :D. Interestingly, this piece of script was used back in the tutorial of the 0.73 demo. The script was slightly different though, !ADD_GOAL 3 1 1 510 1 or something like that. So I'm planning to make the same messages that were sent back then get sent even now.
There's one bad thing with the goal stuff though, that is I have to remove the goals that the enemy soldiers have to be killed, because adding that message to both goals would be very unprofessional and I don't think anyone will manage to destroy the important buildings of the enemy without killing all his troops. I even tried to do this intentionally but the troops would always get me before I could tear down their buildings so it shouldn't be a problem.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 02 Sep 2008, 09:23

Fairly incredible news again!

Lots of new possibillities, indeed!

But I think we still do not know everything about the goals... This is (in my opinion) one of the most important discoveries though.
<<

Thunderwolf

Crossbowman

Website: http://thunderwolf.freehost10.com/KaMMissionBuilder/index.php

Post 02 Sep 2008, 12:01

whoa :shock:

new discovery in the goals department!

really great news.
~old sig
MissionBuilder v0.9f2 UPDATED!!
Defend The Outer Colony. fight for your king and uncover the secrets of this land.
Temporary version at
http://thunderwolf.x10hosting.com/index.php
"You can't defeat me, I've played Knights and Merchants"
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 02 Sep 2008, 12:51

It's a good thing that I still have to all of the messages in my campaign. :D
<<

Nick

Crossbowman

Post 02 Sep 2008, 15:53

nice dicovery :)
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Sep 2008, 17:48

Great! Litude, you're a genius!

You were talking about that message in the tutorial. I remember, when I played it some years ago, some texts was sent to me, like "Green/blue/yellow enemy has been defeat" in TSK tutorial (right, the one without enemies). That was sent at the end of it, but before building a tannery. Has anybody noticed similar messages? (I played 1.3 version)
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 02 Sep 2008, 18:14

From what I know, the reason these messages were sent in the normal town tutorial was because of a translation error. There were other strings out of place in the Polish version as well, like it telling you to start producing weapons.
These messages were sent once you destroyed the important buildings of the team when playing the demo just like it says. Plans are to add them to the 1.6 patch, but only for the tutorial.
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Sep 2008, 18:33

That's really great!
Makes more things possible!!

Now we need something like
IF ADD_GOAL 1 2 3 4 SUCESSED

Means you have to do goal after goal.

Oh, I am dreaming again!
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Sep 2008, 19:44

From what I know, the reason these messages were sent in the normal town tutorial was because of a translation error. There were other strings out of place in the Polish version as well, like it telling you to start producing weapons.
These messages were sent once you destroyed the important buildings of the team when playing the demo just like it says. Plans are to add them to the 1.6 patch, but only for the tutorial.
Hmmm... normally it tells about every building, but after building bakery it tells to manully choose other buildings and try to produce weapons, right? The defeat-enemies messages were sent after the one described before. I don't know how does it look in the demo, as I didn't play it. I don't know am I right, but I saw that messages also in tutorial in 1.53 TPR (but not in 1.58 SR2).
<<

Michailoff

Laborer

Post 02 Sep 2008, 20:02

Yes! This is it! This is exactly what I needed :). How can I use it correctly - I will be able, together with buddies from the Polish Forum to improve our campaign on these extraordinary revelations, which gives to us here Litude :P.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 02 Sep 2008, 20:29

Hmmm... normally it tells about every building, but after building bakery it tells to manully choose other buildings and try to produce weapons, right? The defeat-enemies messages were sent after the one described before. I don't know how does it look in the demo, as I didn't play it. I don't know am I right, but I saw that messages also in tutorial in 1.53 TPR (but not in 1.58 SR2).
Yeah but it wasn't supposed to say this. The English and German versions of the game told you to build a swine farm after the bakery and then finally a butcher's and a tannery.

Return to “Map Design”