Can't wait for it! Hurry up :D

Want to play it with my friend! Well done
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 31 Jul 2017, 19:55

Re: New 2 players campaign - Co-op Knights

As I promised in the Co-op Knights II thread, here's my Mission 10 replay video commentary and my Mission 11 replay video commentary to my Mission 10 and Mission 11 full-working and gold time replays that I posted in this thread, respectively. In them, I explain my play, comment on the map and AI design, and let you know a little bit more about how I think as far as KaM battle maneuvers is concerned. Of course, if you are new to the community, you can check out the other KaM videos that I have placed in that YouTube playlist as well!

For those who have not attempted these missions yet, do not watch either of these mediums of my play, as they obviously contain spoilers!
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 07 Feb 2018, 17:22

YouTube user, MASHINA SMERTI, recently uploaded a 4 part video series on him playing Mission 11.

If you've either seen Emotion 98.3's screenshots, seen his map in the editor, or played the map yourself, you will immediately see that MASHINA SMERTI made some changes. MASHINA SMERTI was kind enough to share not only this modified map with me, but apparently all of his modified co-op maps.
Co-op Knights -mission 11 NEW.zip
I just looked at the map (MASHINA SMERTI provided the maps just today), and I believe it's possible to beat with your initial army and with only having to build an inn and a schoolhouse (the schoolhouse may not be necessary though), because he has 3,560 food items stored in two starting storehouses, the initial army size increase is sufficient, the initial attacks have been lessened, and the main strength of the checkboard pattern of knights and xbowmen in the north has been destroyed. (For those who want to build and fight with this modified map, you will be happy to see that there is a lot of iron ore, coal, gold, and lumber given to you at the start (as well as 2.5 times as much as stone), in addition.)

Does anyone want to beat this mission with his/her initial army and provide a replay to prove my hypothesis? :D

FYI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

Mariosalmon

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 17 Feb 2019, 17:20

Thank you
<<

lupask

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 12 Dec 2021, 16:15

Would anyone care to explain how to install it? I unpacked the missions into a folder in remake\campaigns but the game won't recognise them :rolleyes:
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 12 Dec 2021, 16:28

Would anyone care to explain how to install it? I unpacked the missions into a folder in remake\campaigns but the game won't recognise them :rolleyes:
I am not sure that this campaign is compatible with the latest Beta (r13651) or any version later than r6720. What version of the Remake are you trying to have recognize this campaign? (This campaign is definitely compatible/was made for r6720.)
<<

lupask

Peasant

Post 13 Dec 2021, 17:51

What version of the Remake are you trying to have recognize this campaign? (This campaign is definitely compatible/was made for r6720.)
actually I have the 6720 as the latest "normal" version. I did consider trying some of the betas to see if it could work but now I see I don't need to.

Is there something else to be aware of ?
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 13 Dec 2021, 18:56

Sorry about that!

This campaign is meant to be played by two human players against the AI.

If you want to play this campaign with a partner (co-op), then take each individual map folder out of the main folder and put in the MapsMP folder. Then try to play together.

If you want to play this campaign by yourself (like I did), then take each individual map folder and put them in the Maps folder. Then go to the Single Player menu and find the map you want to play and play it from there.

Let me know if this resolved the issue.
<<

lupask

Peasant

Post 26 Dec 2021, 19:48

This campaign is meant to be played by two human players against the AI.
actually I did try it to create a multiplayer game at first.
If you want to play this campaign with a partner (co-op), then take each individual map folder out of the main folder and put in the MapsMP folder. Then try to play together.
alas, I did what you said and it worked flawless! we even got silver time on the second mission on the first try :O :lol: we really enjoyed them, thank you very much for making it !

(perhaps if you can just put a small readme file into the download packs or append that information somewhere to prevent future confusion)
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 26 Dec 2021, 20:00

alas, I did what you said and it worked flawless! we even got silver time on the second mission on the first try :O :lol: we really enjoyed them, thank you very much for making it !
You're quite welcome for me giving you the help to "install" it. But of course, thank @Emotion 98.3 for making it!

Cheers.

Return to “Map Design”