Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 07 Feb 2015, 20:31

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Is this one better?
Much better. I don't notice anything anymore.

I do note that the AI behaves differently than your previous script. For example, I used a bowman to fire at the barracks in the same manner I did in the replay I posted, but a militia group of 12 split into two and pursued me (versus single leaders). In addition, as they were pursuing my bowman, I shot them with my bowman. This caused them to extract two single leaders for one shot. When they killed my bowman, the single leader militia didn't go back to their posts. They just stayed there.

Here's a replay of this behavior.
TSK08 test 2.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Feb 2015, 20:53

You didn't trigger my script until you had one Bowman left... Towers are left out of the script on purpose (else it would trigger during proper sieges too) :P :wink:

When you attacked the Barracks, then, you triggered both my script and the Remake's military AI, and both came after you.

The two soldiers that stayed after killing your bowmen are the ones sent by the script I've set it to link them up when they have the same target, and to split them when it's done, because 90% of the times this makes the AI general take them back to their proper posts afterwards.

Sadly, I don't know how to make the AI general take them always back, so sometimes they get left behind as if the AI decided to keep them guarding the infiltrated area. :(
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 07 Feb 2015, 21:28

Those two guys stayed there, because AI has militia defence positions set to 3x4. This means that there was no slot left for them. It's not because of your script :wink:
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 08 Feb 2015, 20:23

Those two guys stayed there, because AI has militia defence positions set to 3x4. This means that there was no slot left for them. It's not because of your script :wink:
In that case may be, but in my tests some were left behind even when there was still space in the defence positions.

Anyway, I think that this time I actually fixed the problem!
If nobody objects to its use and it gets cmowla's seal of approval, then I think that this time you can safely use it. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Feb 2015, 21:28

Is this script readily a single to move to different maps? It's quite impressive, and could almost be used officially as an add on for the AI..
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 08 Feb 2015, 21:33

Is this script readily a single to move to different maps?
It's generic.
Attach it to any map and it should work.
Many of its settings can be customized.
If you don't specify which players should use this, it will detect all active AI players and apply for them. :wink:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Feb 2015, 01:40

Your amazing, man. Thanks! I might get back to work on SP now that there is hope for the AI! :)

(Sorry for off topic. I can split if needed)
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 09 Feb 2015, 02:16

@Esthlos,
I tested it and it's amazing. I think this might be all we needed to have an AI which is much more comparable to the original game's town defense. I'm not sure it's bug free or what not (Lewin and Krom need to look at it), but the AI is actually interesting to play now. It maneuvers single leaders much more efficiently than a human can, and therefore it could actually be challenging for a larger set of gamers now.

Integrate this into "Two Sides" (which has an existing script which I want to stay as is) and post the script, because I want to play it with this enhanced AI. Vatrix's town defense was excellent already, but I hope this will make it even better.

I'll play without reloading saves and post a replay so that we can see your script in action!
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Feb 2015, 06:18

Is this script readily a single to move to different maps?
It's generic.
Attach it to any map and it should work.
Many of its settings can be customized.
If you don't specify which players should use this, it will detect all active AI players and apply for them. :wink:
You are amazing.

That script is precisely what was needed for the AI to make it more believable.
As if an AI would sit idle while his city gets destroyed if he has armies and armies of men ready.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 09 Feb 2015, 11:46

(Sorry for off topic. I can split if needed)
Yeah, the whole thing evolved in a big off-topic... maybe we can get back to talk about Vatrix's campaign fixes now? :P
Integrate this into "Two Sides" (which has an existing script which I want to stay as is) and post the script, because I want to play it with this enhanced AI. Vatrix's town defense was excellent already, but I hope this will make it even better.
Sir, yes sir! :P
<<

Everstill

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Feb 2015, 17:14

I have no meaningful replay to show, as the alarm seems to be very thorough. Basically it sends dozens of single leaders after all of your troops in the town, even the ones which didn't attack a civilian or a building. It appears to use the "go attack nearest troop" on a condition that the troop is in the town. This is my "worst nightmare" come true! :lol:
Oh my bad, it's just a bad habit just hiting quote and making a reply.

Well, the script have your seal of approval then, and I tested it on TSK 16 scatering knights in the towns and attacking in different ways, they always are overrun by the AI, the AI is very efficient now in defending it's village and very believable. And speaking about nightmares....

@Esthlos, by the way, you don't have a script to make the AI destroy buildings fundations if there is a Warrior close to it? :rolleyes:
Yeah, the whole thing evolved in a big off-topic... maybe we can get back to talk about Vatrix's campaign fixes now? :P
Talk about what? :D

But seriously, amazing work on the Script, and by the way, the enhaced AI is directly related to the Vatrix campaign fixes :) It will be a whole new experience with the AI improvements (and I hope there is more upgrades to come to the Campaign). And my question above is legit, can you make a script to do this?
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 13 Feb 2015, 08:04

I'll have one week holiday now, so if anyone have some new ideas for what should be fixed, write it here. Patch 1.5 will be ready next week!
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Everstill

Farmer

Post 14 Feb 2015, 16:12

I watched your replays, you play very close to the way I play :) (like numbers of Builders, buildings and stuff lol)

Some replays are very funny like the ones you forgot about your soldiers and they died of starvation haha. And what a shame Vatrix! In TSK 9 you sneaked Barbarians in Moorbach town and destroyed his Barracks from behind :lol:

Question, patch 1.5 will already have the Alarm Script? I tested the script in some maps and it work wonders. Remember to turn the "Defend Allies" to False in the script. (you can make a sumary of what you will do in the 1.5).

Also, I want to talk about the TSK 8, can you change (even a separate file for test) the AI to train Barbarians and Leather only? I want to test if the difficult change in any way.

EDIT: One thing, I think you can make the colors better (vivid) like the Green Royal Guard and Purple Moorbach. Use a vibrant Blue to Walheim and Black for Lothar instead of Grey (like it was in the early versions), who use Cyan and Grey for Standarts? Lothar of course is a guy that use Black Knights and Soldiers and a darker blue look way better for Walheim.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Feb 2015, 22:29

EDIT: One thing, I think you can make the colors better (vivid) like the Green Royal Guard and Purple Moorbach. Use a vibrant Blue to Walheim and Black for Lothar instead of Grey (like it was in the early versions), who use Cyan and Grey for Standarts? Lothar of course is a guy that use Black Knights and Soldiers and a darker blue look way better for Walheim.
Since colors are entirely up to taste, I believe that we should keep them as close as to the original as possible.
<<

Everstill

Farmer

Post 14 Feb 2015, 22:40

Since colors are entirely up to taste, I believe that we should keep them as close as to the original as possible.
We must take into account the lower quality back then. (low amount of bits for color), but of course I agree, colors are entirely up to taste. But to be fair I don't remember the original color tone, simple that it is Yellow, then Blue, then Purple, then Green, then Black.

Return to “Map Design”