Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

<<

zombie01

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 22 Dec 2014, 17:32

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

Mission 8 should be challenging. (In the original) Without a clever tower setup, you will be hard pressed to win. That's how it should be in the Remake; though I haven't played TSK campaign since the Remake came out so I don't know what it is like now.

I agree that scripts shouldn't be added to the original campaigns. I think some people are trying to change things simply because they can. If serfs are dying like flies in mission 1 and it is seriously possible to be stuck without serfs, then just fill the school with gold or add a few serfs. Making invincible serfs is a terrible idea in my opinion.
Would adding a second squad of Bowmen to the player be that much of a change?
Since bowmen are weaker it's only logical to give more bowmen to give about the same strength to the player.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Dec 2014, 19:03

Towers are much weaker in the Remake, too, FYI. But I belive Lewin already balanced the mission to compensate for this.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 22 Dec 2014, 21:18

Towers are much weaker in the Remake, too, FYI. But I belive Lewin already balanced the mission to compensate for this.
Actually, mission 8 was too easy when compared to TSK, so now I set back number of bowmen to 15 and added some militia to attackers.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Dec 2014, 02:59

I want to add something: I see you reworked the build order to te traditional one. This is closer to the original, but I don't think it is a good change. Lewin and Krom were quite set on the new build order being more appropriate for KaM then the old one and I think that the Remake standard should be followed. You might say that it is needed to stick to the original, but the game has been changed so severely that I think it is redundant to even bring it up.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 23 Dec 2014, 09:40

I want to add something: I see you reworked the build order to te traditional one. This is closer to the original, but I don't think it is a good change. Lewin and Krom were quite set on the new build order being more appropriate for KaM then the old one and I think that the Remake standard should be followed. You might say that it is needed to stick to the original, but the game has been changed so severely that I think it is redundant to even bring it up.
I disagree, just because they changed the build order doesn't mean every campaign should adapt to it. I think the originals should stay original. Besides, the new build order makes the missions a lot easier.
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 23 Dec 2014, 10:35

I disagree, just because they changed the build order doesn't mean every campaign should adapt to it. I think the originals should stay original. Besides, the new build order makes the missions a lot easier.
That is right, some buildings unlock earlier and then you can kinda build through it faster.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Dec 2014, 20:47

I agree with your reasoning but I don't think it makes sense in the Remake's point of view. Everything you just said was disagreed on by Krom and Lewin when it comes to KaM. They said that the game would be "improved" if the build order was accelerated. But now they have it so the game's campaigns don't follow that build order...it's a disorganized illogical mess in my opinion...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 23 Dec 2014, 20:51

I agree with your reasoning but I don't think it makes sense in the Remake's point of view. Everything you just said was disagreed on by Krom and Lewin when it comes to KaM. They said that the game would be "improved" if the build order was accelerated. But now they have it so the game's campaigns don't follow that build order...it's a disorganized illogical mess in my opinion...
but they also want to stick as close to TSK as possible, and that had the traditional buildorder. it's just form which point of view you want to see it.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Swiss Nisi

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 24 Dec 2014, 14:36

Noticed something else in Mission 12 the initial attack right in the beginning from the pink guy doesn't happen.
He doesn' attack you... caught me off guard and just waited for 10 mins x10.... ok I just can start over again now xD

And one correction: I didn't meant to say the start of Mission 8 is easy to win/ survive.
It's still difficult but it's easier for me now (more experience etc.)
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 24 Dec 2014, 15:33

Noticed something else in Mission 12 the initial attack right in the beginning from the pink guy doesn't happen.
He doesn' attack you... caught me off guard and just waited for 10 mins x10.... ok I just can start over again now xD
It happened only in Remake, I haven't seen any attack from Moorbach in TSK. Maybe there is some, but when I tested that mission in SR3 (+-2 hours) he still didn't attack me.
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 09 Jan 2015, 19:05

I was playing TSK mission 11, and I defeated the bottom enemy (destroyed the castle, the storehouse and the tavern)
Then I defeated the top enemy (same things destroyed).
There is no way he can survive unless he recreates them and that won't happen since it's goes against the difficulty of the campaign.

But my problem now, I have to destroy EVERY building before I win the game....
My suggestion: change the win parameters.
If you destroy all their troops and the castle, then you have already won.

I have only noticed this with mission 11.
The rest I can't recall.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 11 Jan 2015, 18:52

Can you please post here a replay?

You have to destroy storehouse, school and barracks to win this mission, like in every other mission in TSK. :wink:
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 12 Jan 2015, 06:49

You have to destroy storehouse, school and barracks to win this mission, like in every other mission in TSK. :wink:
Yeah I was destroying stuff when I won all of the sudden.
I guess I destroyed those.

In the original wasn't it just the Castle that needed to be destroyed per enemy?
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 12 Jan 2015, 07:22

Yeah I was destroying stuff when I won all of the sudden.
I guess I destroyed those.

In the original wasn't it just the Castle that needed to be destroyed per enemy?
No, I looked at it now, just to be sure and win conditions are really storehouse, school and barracks.
<<

Swiss Nisi

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 13 Jan 2015, 13:52

About TSK Mission 17 is it on purpose if you want to trigger one group (for example the pike group on the bottom right) that the whole steel army attacks you?
And the same for the rest of the leather army. If you try to trigger one the whole rest attacks you too.

It's still winable but it caught me off guard so I needed a second attempt on that mission.

Return to “Map Design”