List of added, not added, staying and deleted maps

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 22 Aug 2014, 15:58

Re: List of added, not added, staying and deleted maps

Michał, if you want to hear my opinion, here it comes:

Computergames have a certain Quality. The Remake shows a huge part of this quality with compatibility (win 7, big resolutions, better graphics...) as an example and an other part of the Quality with "New Stuff" that didn´t exist in the original game. Now look, you buy/get a game like the Remake. You want Quality and get maps where one storehosue has no Gold or a map that looks that ugly, that you just don´t like the Game anymore ( :P If you didn´t played kam for ages and started a random map in the lobby and think all maps are similar to this one.)

That´s my defintion of Quality. If you download stuff/overwrite stuff, it´s your problem. You WANT TO have this map and decide to get it. It´s just like with other Mods in other Games. If 2% Percent of all Players like Corpses 100, that´s fine, they can get it via the nice Download Function and via the Map Database here on the Forum for example. However it is not default installed and it does not look, representing the Remake itselves! (Gold and Grey Names in KaM Lobby also show this difference for the players).

So for most of the people it´s not pointless I guess. Sure, I also like to keep some maps, that I liked to play on, but that doesn´t mean that the whole discussion about maps is pointless.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Aug 2014, 19:28

That´s my defintion of Quality. If you download stuff/overwrite stuff, it´s your problem. You WANT TO have this map and decide to get it. It´s just like with other Mods in other Games. If 2% Percent of all Players like Corpses 100, that´s fine, they can get it via the nice Download Function and via the Map Database here on the Forum for example. However it is not default installed and it does not look, representing the Remake itselves! (Gold and Grey Names in KaM Lobby also show this difference for the players).
This is actually a very good point. To extend on it, I believe that the Remake shouldn't include maps that conflict with "reasonable" gameplay. If players want to make their own maps and spread them around, that's fine, but I believe that the Remake should come originally with a clean, polished package (or whatever, I can't write well today it seems :S)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 23 Aug 2014, 20:57

with a clean, polish package (or whatever, I can't write well today it seems :S)
Well, that´s the reason why Paker wants to have all his maps included :lol:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Aug 2014, 03:53

polish -> v. To shine/clean, n. A layer of shine added usually to metals to enchance beauty.
Polish -> People who say "Kurwa" a lot.

I'm sure you were joking, in that case: touché.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 25 Aug 2014, 09:09

You haven´t to explain that to me Ben. I was actualy one of the best Studends in Schooltime in English :wink: Such words should be known.

I was joking yes not sure why, maybe because many polish people know that feeling. They search for "Polish ..." for example "Polish Woman" on English Websites and they get as a result polished women and not women from Poland :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 25 Aug 2014, 09:43

Polish -> People who say "Kurwa" a lot.
I feel touchéd now. I'm Polish and I'm trying to avoid this kind of language. Yeah, I know you were just joking, but it is true that a lot of Polish people seem not to care about they language, which is sad...
They search for "Polish"... for example "Polish Woman" on English Websites and they get as a result polished women and not women from Poland
That's a pity, cause Polish women are really beautiful, even without any polishing ;).

Enough of this off top! I got a question (and yeah, suprisingly, it is related to this topic!): will there be any update of the list? Cause there are some new maps, which I'd like to know if they're gonna be added or not. Like Blood and Ice and Canyon (after fixing some minor things, like unbuildable tiles). They have good quality and cool gameplay imo.

What would The Map Committee of Knights and Merchants Remake an unofficial fan-made mod for the game Knights and Merchants would say about that? :)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 25 Aug 2014, 09:48

That's a pity, cause Polish women are really beautiful, even without any polishing ;).
That´s a good one :P
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 25 Aug 2014, 15:52

@Tiank: that's a good question. I will try to make an update before the next version but I can't guarantee that I'll have time for gathering all the maps. Would be awesome if somebody would volunteer to gather all the maps from the forums and make a mappack of sorts (as I did before), with maps being categorized into:
-updated maps already accepted into the Remake;
-updates of deleted/not accepted maps;
-new maps.
Or simply a mappack without categories, I can deal with them later. I can also help with judging.

I know Lewin kept track of some of the map updates (he asked me the same question some time ago too), may I ask what you were exactly doing, Lewin, to save the time of me/whoever might continue what we started?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 26 Aug 2014, 02:51

I've been adding map updates when I see them posted on the forum (or map authors send them to me), but I've probably missed some. If someone can make a ZIP with all of the maps that were updated that would be great. Otherwise I'll probably just rely on map authors to check that their map updates have been received.
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 29 Sep 2014, 10:01

I would like to add a map Cube to remake.

Download:

download/file.php?id=2206

map topic:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=902&start=315
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Oct 2014, 11:50

Hope this is the right Thread to hand in maps for the new K&M Remake release. If its possible and you guys do agree I'd like to see my map "Canyon" to be included.
I just updated the Map to version 1.0b to fix some minor bugs and to address some minor complains.

Here the link: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2302

About "Blood And Ice", I am not entirely sure yet, if it should be included. I might have to redo/redesign some parts of it.
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 25 Oct 2014, 08:47

Hello
I finished map CUBE. download in my topic:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=902&start=315

CUBE !
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 29 Oct 2014, 11:54

Hey. Some time passed since when we made this list. Time to think about the updates! I tried to find whatever map updates were posted to the forums since the last time. I probably didn't include all the maps, feel free to bomb me with more links (whether they're new maps or updates) here. This is not final, I plan to review the "maybe"s from the first post's big list, and make final decisions on them soon.

New maps to be added:
Surely:
-Twin Peaks (I am satisfied with the update I saw, sadly we didn't test it yet...)
Maybe:
-Cube (I need a 'yes' from To and TDL)
-Mega Land (a 'yes' from To and dicso, on recent modification of their locs, would be nice)

Updates:
-Crystalline Falls (was this update included in the RC3?)
-some of Random Lyrics' maps were supposed to get a graphical update (Furious Warriors? that one is actually new, yet too ugly so far...)
-Dance of Death

To be reviewed by the commitee:
-Good old forests
-Cold Water - a twin 'snowy' brother of Iceline, which got deleted. However, since the complaint about the old version was mostly about the looks, this map needs to be reviewed from scratch, since it's a complete makeover.
-Area 20
-Lost City Struggle, Cold Steel Mountains
-(not so) secret new conquest map? I'm afraid I didn't ask the author about releasing it yet... hope he notices that post :P

Note: I am not dealing with campaigns nor singleplayer maps. Please PM/email them to Lewin directly I guess. Or maybe to Vatrix since he made a similar topic about SP maps and there were some opinions on which of them should stay or get deleted.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Oct 2014, 14:43

-some of Random Lyrics' maps were supposed to get a graphical update (Furious Warriors? that one is actually new, yet too ugly so far...)
I am responsible for the furious warrios V2.0 map, it is 99,99% finished, i only need to correct a few tiles.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 29 Oct 2014, 14:58

Don't forget about Strangelove's Canyon and Blood and Ice, they are really cool maps :). Links few posts above.
Without honour, victory is hollow.

Return to “Map Design”