KaM TD (Towerdefence)

<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 May 2014, 14:16

KaM TD (Towerdefence)

Hey there!
I have created a Tower defence map for KaM. It's to 80 % finished but at this moment it needs balancing and there could be bugs. But here is the first alpha version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xemi9 ... v0_9_5.zip

I will give a longer discription later when i have more time.
Last edited by Dreamkiller on 22 May 2014, 22:05, edited 3 times in total.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 11 May 2014, 14:47

Re: KaM TD (Towerdefence)

My German Friend Dreamkiller is back :D

I really missed the TD game in kam, cause it turned so popular on the smartphone in many other variations/styles. I was also looking forward for TDL´s TD, but I think he isn´t working anymore on it, so cool that you did it :D
I will write a feedback here late on.

However, you haven´t to upload your maps at any homepages anymore, just use the new Database here on Forum, and paste the link here :D kamrepos/
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 11 May 2014, 14:50

Hi,
I downloaded the map, I like the idea.
I think it is good that there are more and more maps, that experiment with what is possible and try other things that aren't in the classic KaM building maps
But there is still a lot of work to do more than 20% I think.

There are some wrong title connections.
To less objects.
The game play needs to be more clear, it is quite weird, I didn't really understand what to do.

But I think this will be a very funny map to play, if it is better worked out.
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

Post 11 May 2014, 15:30

Yes its more than 20 %. :D But the basic functions, which are needed for TD are working. I have started to create this map on this friday(10 hours friday, 7 hours yesterday and 2 hours today). The settings of the amount of comming troops and the break times and other values need to be fixed. They are just not tested values at this moment. (This was just a first version to show you what I am working on :P ).

I will explain the mechanics later in detail.

BtW thank you for the feedback!! :)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 11 May 2014, 15:33

I'm looking forward for Tower Defence map as well, but your map seems a bit different, not like Tower Defence. Still, a good idea! It should be really interesting after you finish it :).

For now, I really like the way you show gold and iron mountains and coal fields :).

From many improvements, you should for sure forbid player from building on path, where enemies walk (a border at entrance with for example tile no.222 would be enough). Also, waves needs to be bigger, cause I was able to take down two first waves alone :).

@Skypper, if I understand correctly, the goal is to defend allied village at bottom. It's 2v2, so if you fail to defend your ally (for example if you are on left side), other player would win (on the right side).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 11 May 2014, 15:33

Well i will not comment about the map itself since it looks very unfinished. i am assuming you want to fix the script first and posted it here for playtesting purposes. i shall give my comments after i fetched enough players to play it.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

Post 11 May 2014, 15:44

I'm looking forward for Tower Defence map as well, but your map seems a bit different, not like Tower Defence. Still, a good idea! It should be really interesting after you finish it :).

For now, I really like the way you show gold and iron mountains and coal fields :).

From many improvements, you should for sure forbid player from building on path, where enemies walk (a border at entrance with for example tile no.222 would be enough). Also, waves needs to be bigger, cause I was able to take down two first waves alone :).

@Skypper, if I understand correctly, the goal is to defend allied village at bottom. It's 2v2, so if you fail to defend your ally (for example if you are on left side), other player would win (on the right side).

Yes you have to defend the village on your side.
The count of troops is not right at this moment. It's just the basic wave structure, to see if that works. The real values of the counts and the times for breaks will come later. I need to see how many troops I can let come, to make it ballanced.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 11 May 2014, 18:52

Well i got a few notes after play a, no offense, boring game.

- the income you get is way to high, you do not need to think about getting anything.
- it might be wise to not let players build in the path where the waves will go, peopole lock it down with so many towers the waves get instantly killed the moment they spawn as you will see on the replay.
- is it possible to not only count bread in the first storehouse? because you will make so much bread the storehouse will get overcrowded very easily.
- is there a maximum amount of troops you can spawn at the enemy? because when i set a minimum of 100 soldiers, i did not get all of them but all my bread for it was lost in the process.
- waves can be somewhat larger, especially the later waves
- wave 40 gives instant victory and does not spawn

It is an interesting gamemode, but it needs a lot of polishing in order to get the fun in it. i know it is an early alpha but i hope this feedback will help. good luck on improving it. :)
kSavesMP.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

Post 22 May 2014, 22:23

Well i got a few notes after play a, no offense, boring game.

- the income you get is way to high, you do not need to think about getting anything.
- it might be wise to not let players build in the path where the waves will go, peopole lock it down with so many towers the waves get instantly killed the moment they spawn as you will see on the replay.
- is it possible to not only count bread in the first storehouse? because you will make so much bread the storehouse will get overcrowded very easily.
- is there a maximum amount of troops you can spawn at the enemy? because when i set a minimum of 100 soldiers, i did not get all of them but all my bread for it was lost in the process.
- waves can be somewhat larger, especially the later waves
- wave 40 gives instant victory and does not spawn

It is an interesting gamemode, but it needs a lot of polishing in order to get the fun in it. i know it is an early alpha but i hope this feedback will help. good luck on improving it. :)
kSavesMP.rar

Thank you for testing!! :)
- In the function for the income was a bug. <- Its fixed now. (A loooot lower income).
- You are not able to build on the path in the next kam update, because I am using the OnPlan.. event. It will delete the plan and send you a message when you try to build on the path then.
- I will try to enable getting bread from every storehouse in the next version. But it's hard to reduce things in the storage so I have to work with some tricks.
- I have to take a look at the problem that too many units don't spawn. I think it's because there is not enought space. Maybe I have to set a limit.
- The first waves were just for testing if units are spawning. Now the waves are a lot bigger, but still not the final counts (need to be tested).
- The bug with wave 40 is fixed now!

And the crazy texts like 1=Axe Fighter(C8I2) are no bugs. Its a price and income list. A axe fighter will cost (C) 8 bread and will increase your income (I) by 2 and its number 1.
(So when you want to send 3 to 5 axe fighters you need to set the bow value on 1 for the kind of units you want to send, the lance on 3 (to say how many units you want to send min.) and the axe on 5(to say how many units you want to send max.) => a axe fighter costs 8 bread so the units will spawn after the next wave, if you have more than 8 * 3 bread). :P

Thx for the comments! ;)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 23 May 2014, 00:06

But it's hard to reduce things in the storage so I have to work with some tricks.
Actions.HouseTakeWaresFrom which was added after r5503 should make this easy.
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

Post 23 May 2014, 08:17

Oh, that is nice!
Thank you for the information! :)

Return to “Map Design”