Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Mapmaking Videos

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Apr 2014, 15:25

Mapmaking Videos

Last night I started a new series of Youtube videos. It's kinda boring, but it's just streams of me making maps. Here's a link to the first one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AELaDBQ ... e=youtu.be

Let me know what you think, and anyone with knowledge of networking laws: Is there a legal issue with my music being captured in the video? I don't know if I can "share" it like that :?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Apr 2014, 15:37

Re: Mapmaking Videos

as someone who uses copyrighted music aswell, go to your uploads tab and yuo will have a comment about third aprty content. you can see the consequenses of using it. often it has no consequenses (although you need to aknowledge the use), but the worst case scenario i found so far was that the video will be banned in germany (sorry pawel :D)

as for the vidoe itself, it might be wise to talk about why you are doing certain things and talk about mapmaking techniques. i have a few viewers who really want to see a mapmaking tutorial, so you might the the right person i assume.

on a sidenote, +1 like for using lindsey stirling.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Looseminded

Blacksmith

Post 11 Apr 2014, 22:31

watching this just for use of Lindsey Stirling. Image I don't care if you like her or not.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Apr 2014, 01:47

It's off topic, but I love her music! Best instrumentals around :D
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 12 Apr 2014, 09:04

watching this just for use of Lindsey Stirling. Image I don't care if you like her or not.
Ow no Kappa is taking over this forum as well?
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Looseminded

Blacksmith

Post 12 Apr 2014, 11:28

Ow no Kappa is taking over this forum as well?
It absolutely is.
<<

Weekend

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 12 Apr 2014, 21:56

yay it cant be start in germany
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Apr 2014, 02:11

Wait, it doesn't play in Germany? Wow, I wonder what methods are used to detect such infringement, as a lowly 5 view video being blocked surprises me :O
Last edited by Ben on 13 Sep 2021, 13:55, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed a silly typo
<<

Looseminded

Blacksmith

Post 13 Apr 2014, 02:58

Wait, it doesn't play in Germany? Wow, I wonder what methods are used to detect such infringement, as a lowly 5 video video being blocked surprises me :O
It's their stupid automated system. I had a video up of a song I made MYSELF in 2011 that they detected copyright infringement on. Their system didn't even spell the artist's or song title's name right. Being that I made it myself I obviously disputed it, but yeah.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 13 Apr 2014, 10:41

Wait, it doesn't play in Germany? Wow, I wonder what methods are used to detect such infringement, as a lowly 5 video video being blocked surprises me :O
It´s just the standard that many videos aren´t playable in Germany, but with a special tool you can watch it anyway :P

Funny fact that sometimes I can´t watch my own videos on youtube without this program, because of music :mrgreen:
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 01 May 2014, 08:37

Last night I started a new series of Youtube videos. It's kinda boring, but it's just streams of me making maps. Here's a link to the first one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AELaDBQ ... e=youtu.be

Let me know what you think, and anyone with knowledge of networking laws: Is there a legal issue with my music being captured in the video? I don't know if I can "share" it like that :?
Nice too watch how other mapmakers are working and thinking:)

My Charlie Chaplin version. Without sound and subtitles. I m courious how koczis,To,TDL,Dicsoup, Paker/Remake20xx/,andreus... are working on their mapos.
http://www.speedyshare.com/vzySy/loc-by-thunder.mp4

Nice topico Ben:)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 01 May 2014, 08:54

I m courious how koczis,To,TDL,Dicsoup, Paker/Remake20xx/,andreus... are working on their mapos.
I've heard that TDL doesn't use mouse at all, only keyboard. But maybe it's just a rumour...
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 01 May 2014, 09:20

My Charlie Chaplin version. Without sound and subtitles. I m courious how koczis,To,TDL,Dicsoup, Paker/Remake20xx/,andreus... are working on their maps. Nice topico Ben:)
well here is a start yto give you an idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_3hadwfLLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVA1u0rkAJM
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 01 May 2014, 11:20

I m courious how koczis,To,TDL,Dicsoup, Paker/Remake20xx/,andreus... are working on their mapos.
I've heard that TDL doesn't use mouse at all, only keyboard. But maybe it's just a rumour...
LOL
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 May 2014, 17:30

The Dark Lord merely waves the Elder Wand, magically making the maps.

Return to “Map Design”