Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Two Sides

<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Mar 2014, 10:04

Re: Two Sides

So having some friends cause troubles? :mrgreen: . OK I will make them neutral, too. Changing enemy attacks wasn't intentional, I'll have to look at it and do more work with it. I can not understand why enemies let you destroy their village without any attack (maybe they dont like my building style? :mad: ). Xbows starving to death are trying to slim down, I will speak with them to not do this :wink: . Top entrance is still making problems, I have to think about it.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 17 Mar 2014, 14:50

A little misunderstanding, I meant Winter tournament beta (r6157), not r6108, my mistake :D.

Next update:
- south village is now neutral
- north vilage replaced with enemy village
- mountains extended for better defence of the top entrance
- corrected some mistakes in mission Desc (but still need someone who makes it perfect)

Download in firtst post! :wink:
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 Mar 2014, 09:27

looks interesting :)
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 23 Mar 2014, 14:43

I'm not sure if the last update which added one more village is step to the right way, or if it is breaking map's beauty. Please say your opinion.
Thanks,
Vatrix
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 23 Mar 2014, 18:15

I downloaded it and viewed the map in the editor. It looks nice to me. I haven't played it yet because I want someone else to first. However, if you want me to play it again to test it, let me know.

It would be interesting to see other people's approaches (hopefully they don't revert back to saves so that we can see a full working replay).

EDIT:
Also, how do I download that version of the remake? I figured out that you just replace files for the r6108 nightly, but I can't find a file to download for the specific version you requested. Can you provide a link?
Last edited by cmowla on 24 Mar 2014, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 23 Mar 2014, 18:19

I'll wait for wednesday and then if noone else won't post anything, it will be your turn ;).
Thank you for your huge support :)
Vatrix
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 23 Mar 2014, 20:00

I recall that you mentioned for someone to help you with the English translation of the storyline. I started to make changes (I speak American English, so maybe some UK people can modify my work if it needs to be grammatically modified), but I actually rewrote the entire story line, trying to keep the same theme you originally put into it.
  Code:
In his greed for gold, food, and weapons, your brother has pillaged your village that neighbors and casually trades with his empire and burnt it to the ground! Even though your army was too far away to save your defenseless village, some of your villagers, in disbelief, have fled to the north and have sent word to you of your brother's dastardly deed! They happily volunteered to return to what remains of their home to aid you to give this traitor what he deserves! After he already sent most of his army to destroy more of your villages, your brother has heard that some of your villagers have escaped, and he knows that you have become aware of his treachery sooner than he planned. As a quick precaution before his army returns, he has burned all course work on metallurgy in all nearby towns. Your villagers have been primarily traders, and so your brother's failure to prevent you from obtaining gold and iron weapons shall cost him his empire!
Here is the txt file which has the proper formatting to display in the SP map menu. Do you like it? You can change it if you want, but hopefully this gives you some ideas! :)
Two Sides.txt.zip
In addition, I edited my last post probably after you saw it, and I had a question which I would appreciate if you answered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 23 Mar 2014, 21:04

I really like how you rewrited the story, I won't modify it, it's good how it is. And link for KaM Beta is here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2068. It is normal installer, so install it to another folder and name it like KaM Remake r6157 or how you want ;).
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 26 Mar 2014, 14:23

Ok, it wednesday and it still looks like this topic is only mine and cmowla's. I'm really sad noone else want to play this map, maybe it's because of Remake's more multiplayer orientation and so multiplayer maps are more popular. Now it's again your turn, cmowla, to say what to improve or if it's "perfect", thank you very much! :)
Vatrix

*edit: Please download the newest version of the map, I did some really small improvements.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 26 Mar 2014, 17:23

Hey vatrix (CZ),

I too am surprised that no one else has played it yet.

I just downloaded the newest version, but the second half of the storyline is missing because you have a \n character (hard return) between paragraphs instead of white spaces. (I'm not sure why the remake reads text files like this, but in order to see the entire storyline, I counted that you need to have exactly 34 white spaces between the last character of the first paragraph and the first character of the second paragraph to properly substitute a \n character. I'm not sure if you wanted to indent the paragraphs like I did using 4 white spaces, but if you don't, then just use 34 white spaces between the paragraphs.

I will try to play as soon as I can. I've downloaded r6157, so I will play it in that version. :)
Last edited by cmowla on 26 Mar 2014, 17:25, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Mar 2014, 17:23

I will try your map soon and rate it :D
I first thought it was a MP map, and i don't really like MP, but now i saw that it was SP :)
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 26 Mar 2014, 18:13

@Skypper, ok I'm waiting :)
@Cmowla, again I did something wrong :mrgreen: , waiting too for your new and fresh opinion :wink:
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Mar 2014, 18:50

Personally i don't really like that you need to trade the gold and iron.
After i watched Cmowla's replay i am not quite sure that i can beat it :/
But i will give it a try soon

Not the less a great map :)
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 27 Mar 2014, 06:38

Hey ,vatrix (CZ),
I just beat it (in 6.5 hours).
cmowla (Two Sides r6157).zip
To make sure that you and others could see a full working replay (this is the first full replay since you made the AI attack every 15 minutes), I made an effort to not reload any saves, and I checked the replay, and it completely works. This way you can see how your AI defends itself and to see if you want to make any more changes.

By adding that additional village, I believe you have a complete map now. I don't think any changes need to be made. If you make this any harder, it would just be a map for the pros to beat. Please don't make it easier, but if you make any changes, let them not change the difficulty. This map is HARD, especially with the new AI.

Lastly,
"My brother is very tough, but his failure to block the market has cost him his empire." :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 27 Mar 2014, 07:34

Really nice way, how you defeated AI, I'm very impressed of your stats: soldiers defeated 2531, soldiers lost 243 (H) . I hope this map will become more popular after people here try it. Last thing I want to do is set win conditions, because It's not working right now and then just want from others to post their replays, too for me to see how they defeated AI. Yes, the others cannot ignore me hee :mrgreen:
"My brother is very tough, but his failure to block the market has cost him his empire."
I think if I will ever continue with your and brother's discrepancy, he won't be so silly again :mrgreen:

And again thank YOU very much with helping me to make this map better!

Vatrix

Return to “Map Design”