Two Sides

<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 01 Apr 2014, 10:25

Re: Two Sides

I like that you enjoyed mymap, but I want to see your replay! :D
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Papundekl

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 01 Apr 2014, 12:37

OK :D so here is the save, I hope its the "right one", of course I didn´t make it on first attempt so there is more "branches" of that game

anyway, you can notice in replay, i have BIG wood problem since 20 minutes of games, I didnt saw I have "blocked" entrance to sawmill :D :D
I think this "replay" is not very interesting, maybe the begining, first 1-2 hours, but then it is very boring...but the last 2 hours are pretty fun i think

edit: hmm, I am watching on this replay now and this is not the right one replay, I use "small" cheat when second attack comes, but this is the branch which I "finish" in the end, so sorry for that :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sh*t happens
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 01 Apr 2014, 17:09

EDIT: 1613 stored sausages! Dude, you could have traded most of those pigs and skins for iron weapons!
He properly did ;)
I watched the replay (well, fast forwarded through it), and he didn't produce any iron units.
you can notice in replay, i have BIG wood problem since 20 minutes of games, I didnt saw I have "blocked" entrance to sawmill :D :D
I noticed that. Man, that sucks (I probably wouldn't have caught that mistake immediately either).
I think this "replay" is not very interesting, maybe the beginning, first 1-2 hours, but then it is very boring...but the last 2 hours are pretty fun i think
It was very painful to watch you lose so many men, just sending leather to be slaughtered by iron. Did you intend your attacks to accomplish anything besides show how well vatrix (CZ)'s town can slaughter heaps of leather units who know no battle tactics (no offense, it just seemed like you were too relaxed because you could quickly produce a lot more leather units with that HUGE village/city)? In r6157, the xbowmen will actually attack you and their arrows are more effective, so I would be more careful how I would attack (and how you defend probably has to change), if I were you, unless you want this game to last longer than 9 hours and 18 minutes. On the other hand, bowmen arrows are also more effective in r6157, so that will help you a little with your current approach.
edit: hmm, I am watching on this replay now and this is not the right one replay, I use "small" cheat when second attack comes, but this is the branch which I "finish" in the end, so sorry for that :D :D
If you are talking about how you got 24 knights to not attack you around 1h30m, how did you do that? Did you destroy a building they were going to go attack? I'm sure you could have survived the second attack without whatever you did to "cheat", but I'm curious as to what you meant by cheating.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Papundekl

Woodcutter

Post 01 Apr 2014, 17:29

I watched the replay (well, fast forwarded through it), and he didn't produce any iron units.
this is saved branche without iron units. I made save before I trade for iron, then I send xbows to battle but I made mistake, so I load save and i dont realize the save is too much backward...so in this replay, there is no iron troops then...
It was very painful to watch you lose so many men, just sending leather to be slaughtered by iron.
... as I said, in the end i just enjoy the game. You should try it once, when you have possibility to build how many troops you want and just attack in bigger scale :D

If you are talking about how you got 24 knights to not attack you around 1h30m, how did you do that? Did you destroy a building they were going to go attack? I'm sure you could have survived the second attack without whatever you did to "cheat", but I'm curious as to what you meant by cheating.
i know I can survive this, I just dont want lost any workers :D... and about "cheat" .... just press F11 (?) - it start "Debug" mode and you can switch controll to other "players" on map, even a AI (PC Player) .... so I just send this knights back :)
Sh*t happens
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 02 Apr 2014, 19:36

I think this is the final version of the map, so now just rename it somehow nice and then go for another maps, I was thinking about coop or have I stay in making SP missions? Say your opinion of my future :O
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 02 Apr 2014, 19:43

I think we lack 3 players' fighting maps, you could try to make one :). Something that's balanced, not FFA, maybe 2v1.

If you want to do a co-op map, try to make something that has fast gameplay (like 15-20 minutes max), also for 3 players maybe.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 02 Apr 2014, 19:46

I will try to make some fighting and then coop (H)
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 21 Apr 2014, 03:52

Papundekl, did you play this yet in r6157? We should give Vatrix (CZ) all the feedback he can get because I want this to be in the next official remake version! I would ask anyone else who wants to play a SP map to try it, because if you haven't, I wasn't making up what I said before about it: it's spectacular!
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

Kungen

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 21 Apr 2014, 11:53

Vatrix, really good map, i would love if you could make some co-op maps and some SP maps :)
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 21 Apr 2014, 20:47

Thank you Kungen,
I'm glad to hear you like my map, now I'm working on bigger SP map, with some more scripts. Only problem is, that every time I make some location, I delete it, because there is something I don't like, so I don't think next map will be here soon (+ I'm soooo lazy). I will try to not disappoint you with my next work.

To Cmowla I like how you are pushing this map to be in next release. Maybe I will appoint you to my administrator :wink: .

Peace,
Vatrix
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 23 Apr 2014, 14:29

This map is still open for any ideas and improvements, don't be afraid to say what's on your mind!
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 24 Apr 2014, 02:04

To Cmowla I like how you are pushing this map to be in next release. Maybe I will appoint you to my administrator :wink: .
Well, if no one else will mention it, I owe it to you and the map to say something! :)
This map is still open for any ideas and improvements, don't be afraid to say what's on your mind!
Maybe this change would just be for me and others who want a more challenging version of this map (as I said before, if this map is made any harder, probably the general population couldn't beat it, but then again, I remembered that Skypper said Zombie Apocalypse will be included in the next release, so why not a well-designed and creative hard building map?), but...

Maybe increase the intensity and frequency of the waves as time goes on (I think a x1.1 growth rate would be good, since this is a long game to play and thus the AI has plenty of time to multiply). I like how you order all 3 towns to attack around the same time around 3h45m, but the intensity of the waves are the same, and so if you can find a way to survive the first few waves, it's almost guaranteed you will win. Of course, if people play how I play, it's very unlikely that they will lose, but for those who do not build buildings as a wall of defense, I think this would make things very interesting for them in particular.

Since your towns are so efficient at creating troops (and since the school houses are constantly training troops and thus they cannot train more recruits than they already are), I think maybe an easy way to create more troops (without modifying the AI towns) is to:
Spawn recruits on the map (so that they go into the barracks along with trained recruits).
AND/OR
Spawn troops right before a scheduled attack (so that there is no starvation issue with the AI).

I think spawning troops at random places within the AI town (with the condition that these troops are still spawned unless all military buildings of that certain player are destroyed) would make things more interesting and more challenging at the end of the game! I think this would go with the storyline as well because we can imagine these spawned troops as being our brother's army from his other towns!

But, again, these changes would probably be just for me, but if you want to make this version for me to test (on the side of the current version), I would love to play it! Maybe it will eventually be the final version if you choose it to be so and if the Remake Devs like it as well.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 04 May 2014, 18:22

I played Two Sides in r6157 a second time (without reloading saves so the replay works), and this time, I constructed a different village which really worked out for the market. I finished about an hour earlier, and I attacked slightly differently, but the AI reacted much differently.
Two Sides (r6157)(2).zip
I am mainly posting this for people to see a better town to build for this map (although it was a slower start this time, and I did some rearranging, but if you build what I had at 2h30m onward, it's definitely good) and for those who are judging it can see more of how good the AI is designed (because this was an entirely different game).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 05 May 2014, 15:12

This map is officialy added to the Remake, thank you all who helped me with testing and improving it (special thanks to Cmowla, who pushed this map to be the best) !
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 07 Jun 2014, 17:49

Hi again,
I need someone to test this map if everything works fine on the new nightly and if not, report it to me here or by PM. If there will be at least 3 testers I will be really happy! :$.
Thanks,
Vatrix (I love this (6) )

Return to “Map Design”