Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Menu-map-maker wanted

<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 23 Jan 2014, 18:33

Menu-map-maker wanted

Hey. I´m planing to make a new campain, but in fact i cannot do everything alone. The maps for the campains, scripting, this both is no problem, but i need someone to help me make a good menu-map, because i have two left hands with painting or making this kind of maps.
If someone is good at this, i will give you my thoughts about the map, how it should look and you can make it! Also new ideas would be cool, in fact i only have 5 missions ready yet.

GR
MaxDeus
It is not to be against something, it is to be for something!!!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 23 Jan 2014, 18:35

Re: Menu-map-maker wanted

Hey. I´m planing to make a new campain, but in fact i cannot do everything alone. The maps for the campains, scripting, this both is no problem, but i need someone to help me make a good menu-map, because i have two left hands with painting or making this kind of maps.
If someone is good at this, i will give you my thoughts about the map, how it should look and you can make it! Also new ideas would be cool, in fact i only have 5 missions ready yet.

GR
MaxDeus
You know Vas, who made the nice new campaign? I could give you his skype contact via pm if you want. I was translator there and he had quite big connections, about translater/briefingread/mapdrawer. He also also a German, like you :P
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 23 Jan 2014, 18:43

Perfect. you can send it to me via pm. I will call him then. Thx
It is not to be against something, it is to be for something!!!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Jan 2014, 20:22

I hear that there are some people around here who can make fantasy-style maps by hand. I forget who they were, though.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Vas

Rogue

Post 13 Feb 2014, 15:12

how I made the menu-map:
I created this world with kroms map edit. everything you see on this picture consists of real maps which fit - not perfect but - very good together. then I used the minimap pictures (top-left in editor) and made one picture out of it. (important is the right relation between mapsize and pixels) after that I used many programs, filters, effects to make this medieval look
at the moment i'm really buisy, can't help anyone. also dont know when I will release the next chapter....
do you have any result of your map? im interessted how other people do it
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Feb 2014, 15:51

In my opinion, maps made by using Krom's editor as a cookie cutter look quite bad. Better to draw it yourself or use some map-making software ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Map Design”