Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Coastal Expedition 6-Player

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Oct 2013, 10:30

Coastal Expedition 6-Player

Another map for you. I'm actually quite proud of this one, as I've received a lot of positive feedback on aesthetics. Testing hasn't gone well; though, as time and testers have eluded me.

If you play this map, please post a replay so I can review it. Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated!

Ben

EDIT: Bottom of the image is cut out. I don't care; not fixing it ;p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Oct 2013, 10:33

Re: Coastal Expedition 6-Player

Looks awesome :) Makes me wanna play KaM again, tbh.

Also makes me wonder why you haven't signed up for the KaMRepos beta :P
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Oct 2013, 12:32

Played some games on that map already. I think it has real a big potential to be a good map. I am not sure about the advantage when a team camps on that map. In a game I played the bot team could camp easily, but that may be only one single game.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 29 Oct 2013, 12:50

Played this map once, it's your best looking map so far. I also like the desert theme, something different than all those grassy maps out there. It's more difficult to camp here than on most other maps and it has nice fighting areas so it fits my style of gameplay. Even though it's small, horses can be useful here since it's also an open map. I like that. A downside could be that resources are very near, so it's pretty easy to play this map. All in all I say it's a very good map, well done :wink:
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 29 Oct 2013, 12:56

I agree with TO, very good job :wink:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Oct 2013, 13:52

I agree with TO, very good job :wink:
Good job for To, or for me? :P

I personally like having resources close! It does make it easier, but it is better than making long, boring roads into the wilderness. However, since the locations are also large enough to fit a big base, it does result in a very easy map. Starting resources could always be changed if needed. Right now, they are pretty high.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 29 Oct 2013, 14:20

I also like the desert theme, something different than all those grassy maps out there.
What? Seriously to? I think the desert theme is just like the most used theme in our mp maps in the remake... just watching how many maps have the word "desert" in their name... :P
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 29 Oct 2013, 16:37

I also like the desert theme, something different than all those grassy maps out there.
What? Seriously to? I think the desert theme is just like the most used theme in our mp maps in the remake... just watching how many maps have the word "desert" in their name... :P
Half of them done by Tomaster, of course.
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 11 Jan 2014, 00:17

The concept for map is great and overall impression is good, but I have few comments:
- the thing that is most conspicuous is mountain elevations - when you compare them with Koczis or To maps then you will realize that yuor mountains are definitely too sharp and sometimes give the impression that they are sunken in the ground
- terrain (partially) is too much overloaded with random elements
- forests are too compressed, I have impression that trees are placed really randomly sometimes

Well, I think you should really improve the details quality because map has big potential, expected gameplay is really enjoyable and map has its own climate! ;)
Last edited by Florek on 11 Jan 2014, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.
powah gamin! - trusted source of best KaM Remake replays!
Conquest of Paradise - balanced 1v1 map in the spirit of maps like Golden Cliffs or Across the Desert
<<

TheLaw

Laborer

Post 11 Jan 2014, 00:21

One player dont have coal :O
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Jan 2014, 02:36

One player dont have coal :O
I think that's because the bottom of the map is cut off in the screenshot.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Jan 2014, 06:03

Lewin is correct. I didn't feel that it was really needed to fix the screenshot so I never did ;)
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Jan 2014, 11:13

i only found one "mistake". See on the pic therefor.
And, i played the map in singleplayer, played position 6 (because in singleplayer i made it very relaxed).
But in fact, it was very nice.( and i made everything visible to see the progress ot the enemys.)
Suddenly the program had a problem, this is why it stoped so suddenly, but till the it was cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not to be against something, it is to be for something!!!
<<

zaamoot

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Jan 2014, 22:06

Hi Ben,

Do not know if you still looking for replay's. But I just played a game with some friends.
I attached the game. It was near to finish, but some needed to work tomorrow, so it is not done yet ;-).

I like the map, but must say that location 1 is pretty hard with the stone so far.

Greetings,

Zaamoot
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Jan 2014, 18:24

The concept for map is great and overall impression is good, but I have few comments:
- the thing that is most conspicuous is mountain elevations - when you compare them with Koczis or To maps then you will realize that yuor mountains are definitely too sharp and sometimes give the impression that they are sunken in the ground
- terrain (partially) is too much overloaded with random elements
- forests are too compressed, I have impression that trees are placed really randomly sometimes

Well, I think you should really improve the details quality because map has big potential, expected gameplay is really enjoyable and map has its own climate! ;)
I just now noticed this post, Florek, and I am very honoured that a KaM legend such as yourself has played and enjoyed my map! I will certainly take your advice into consideration :)
i only found one "mistake". See on the pic therefor.
And, i played the map in singleplayer, played position 6 (because in singleplayer i made it very relaxed).
But in fact, it was very nice.( and i made everything visible to see the progress ot the enemys.)
Suddenly the program had a problem, this is why it stoped so suddenly, but till the it was cool.
Good find! However, to take To's words, if you bring fourth such a small detail to my attention, I take that as a compliment! Still, I'll try to remember to fix it if I update the map in the future.

Return to “Map Design”