kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Aug 2013, 06:00

David's maps

Sine
Sine.jpg
Sine.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kocsis1david on 22 Aug 2013, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 Aug 2013, 06:31

Re: David's maps

I say make a sequel cooperative map, and call it cosine (couldn't resist :mrgreen: )

Now I need to give a review lol. That will come in time...
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Aug 2013, 08:09

i like the open spots :)
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 14 Aug 2013, 20:34

Please some more feedback, I worked on it a lot
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 15 Aug 2013, 16:09

Hello David! It's me... Jeronimo. :D :D :wink:

I like the name/idea for the map, tough I recommend:

*Different resources at start: I notice you use same values as many of standard maps, Across Desert and koczis12 maps.
You could try your own starting scheme since this is your first map/ own style... something I can call "David style" you understand?
I thought at first this was another typical koczis12 map (and going to critize him).

*The square format doesn't fit the idea. I'd have done the sine over a rectangle. Your map is now 192x192. I would have chosen 192x144.
As result of your square, you see a lot of useless tiles... an obvious Fail that you try to fix masking them with snow and desert tiles (and horribly elevated).

*Based in previous point, I like the snow vs desert sides, but would like them to be "integrated" in spots of small areas within the locations... like having small desert/snow circles around all storehouses... so building is funnier (tiles where you can't place wines/fields, tough yes structures).

*The Sine elevations: I never liked the grass elevations... some look awkward and complicated to detect for the eye (while fighting).
Have you tested if you can destroy the curves by placing "watchtower blueprints" (areas without red tiles)?

Anyway, I would have done elevations using fortress tiles... combining natural landscape and old ruins/castle tiles gives the map certain attractiveness.
I'd imagine for Sine... a big fortified trench, still with your 3 designed entrances, which are fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'd make your map a lot different :) , well I only imagine you changing maybe the starting resources, and fixing corners folds.
I think resources for each location is fine, but the playability of the map is quite standard, 4 storehouses aligned is quite old fashioned.
Maybe you did it that way because was your first try--- and didn't want to screw it... still I'd have liked you to experiment a little more.

See you David! I will dedicate you some thoughts tonight. :$ :$ :wink:
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 15 Aug 2013, 20:29

Hi!

Thanks for your response. I made a previous maps too, before this I made the Road of the Valley. But it's not a good quality map at all.
Your points are right, I'll try to correct them.
When I started drawing the map, I wasn't thinking of a sine shape. But indeed got useless space that needs more details.
I haven't tested if hills could be flattened out, but the whole can be blocked with red tile. A much better solution is replacing grass with something, I didn't realized that it is not easy to detect.

I have new strange idea, but i should correct this first. It's a pity that there is never enough time.
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 15 Aug 2013, 20:34

you can make the map smaller with krom's map editor ;)
yeah indeed lots of ideas and to less time
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 15 Aug 2013, 20:44

The problem is the 4th players, it needs space on the south and north. Probably without the top and buttom edge, only 3 players would fit and would change a lot on the map. Maybe I'll rather make more details there on the corners.
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 22 Aug 2013, 09:14

I finally finished some modifications.
<<

The Duke

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 23 Aug 2013, 10:44

the picture looks good. fair map too, the only problem i might see from that pic is that leftunder the most left player might use the coal of the other because its just tempting whit that iron so close
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 23 Aug 2013, 17:07

True, it was still hard to design the left two location, because loc 3 needs space.
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 28 Aug 2013, 12:39

*The square format doesn't fit the idea. I'd have done the sine over a rectangle. Your map is now 192x192. I would have chosen 192x144.
Is it possible to adjust the format after you made the map ? i.e. i take an already existing map like 'castle slaughter'. can i than adjust the format to 192x192 ?
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 28 Aug 2013, 13:03

Well, no. You can copy-paste it to another, bigger map, but you'll need to "extend" the previous map itself.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 28 Aug 2013, 13:46

Well, no. You can copy-paste it to another, bigger map, but you'll need to "extend" the previous map itself.
>.< why didn't i think of that, thanks anyway :P
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.

Return to “Map Design”