Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Register  •  Login

Mini Games

<<

ruudkam

Peasant

Posts: 4

Joined: 20 May 2016, 16:18

Post 23 May 2016, 21:01

Re: Mini Games

Sup everbody.

OMg
FINALLY, i finsihed the zombie/invasion map. I watched the vid of Cmowla on youtube for tips. I loaded quite some autosaves though, but heh what the hell. 43062 Points. Does that give me spot numnber 2 !? :)

I tried watching the replay, but when I do i get an error after a few minutes. I click okay, it continues, then after 1 or 2 seconds the message comes again, i click, etc.. so i stopped watching. Anybody know how can be fixed?
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 381

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 23 May 2016, 22:30

Re: Mini Games

ruudkam wrote:Sup everbody.

OMg
FINALLY, i finsihed the zombie/invasion map. I watched the vid of Cmowla on youtube for tips. I loaded quite some autosaves though, but heh what the hell. 43062 Points. Does that give me spot numnber 2 !? :)

I tried watching the replay, but when I do i get an error after a few minutes. I click okay, it continues, then after 1 or 2 seconds the message comes again, i click, etc.. so i stopped watching. Anybody know how can be fixed?
It can't.

That's why I beat it without reloading any saves because otherwise, the replay would be broken.

Unfortunately, some maps' replays break even if you do not reload saves, where as many maps' replays work no matter how many saves you reload.

I'm not sure what the root cause is, but this issue has come up with the KaM remake developers in the past. It is probably difficult to find the root cause of the problem. I would say it has something to do with dynamic scripting, but if I knew, we wouldn't have this problem.
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

ruudkam

Peasant

Posts: 4

Joined: 20 May 2016, 16:18

Post 23 May 2016, 22:47

Re: Mini Games

cmowla wrote:
ruudkam wrote:Sup everbody.

OMg
FINALLY, i finsihed the zombie/invasion map. I watched the vid of Cmowla on youtube for tips. I loaded quite some autosaves though, but heh what the hell. 43062 Points. Does that give me spot numnber 2 !? :)

I tried watching the replay, but when I do i get an error after a few minutes. I click okay, it continues, then after 1 or 2 seconds the message comes again, i click, etc.. so i stopped watching. Anybody know how can be fixed?
It can't.

That's why I beat it without reloading any saves because otherwise, the replay would be broken.

Unfortunately, some maps' replays break even if you do not reload saves, where as many maps' replays work no matter how many saves you reload.

I'm not sure what the root cause is, but this issue has come up with the KaM remake developers in the past. It is probably difficult to find the root cause of the problem. I would say it has something to do with dynamic scripting, but if I knew, we wouldn't have this problem.


Thanks for quick reply!
Ah so that's how it is. Perhaps i can try without reloading also. Its possibnle, I just need to make some notes about which time certain (type of) waves come. It's okay to pause the game i assume?
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 381

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 24 May 2016, 01:05

Re: Mini Games

ruudkam wrote:Its possibnle, I just need to make some notes about which time certain (type of) waves come. It's okay to pause the game i assume?
As far as I know, I don't see why pausing would break the replay. I paused once in one game, and it didn't break the replay.
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

ruudkam

Peasant

Posts: 4

Joined: 20 May 2016, 16:18

Post 24 May 2016, 17:55

Re: Mini Games

no reloads, now the replay works. 44514points this time. Pauzing is okay it seems. How can I increase the number of points to get?
<<

equalizer

Vagabond

Posts: 98

Joined: 02 Apr 2015, 14:34

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 24 May 2016, 23:04

Re: Mini Games

HEADSHOTS :D
<<

Heden

Serf

Posts: 8

Joined: 05 Aug 2017, 09:46

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Aug 2017, 10:30

Re: Mini Games

Hey guys, awesome maps!

But why isnt there comming any waves after wave 1 on Zombi apocalypse maps?
Seems to be the same issue on all versions, is it something on my side or what? Please assist :)

see screenshot, they just spawn and stack on eachother.

Image
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 381

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 05 Aug 2017, 15:21

Re: Mini Games

Heden wrote:see screenshot, they just spawn and stack on each other.
The map, "Invasion", is basically the same (the updated) map of ZA. If you are playing in r6720 (which I assume you are, since probably all of these versions worked in r5503), it's in the single player map menu along with all other maps. If you want to play with some friends against this AI, there is a multiplayer version as well.

You can also download both versions of Invasion from this page.




If you for some reason would like to play without "autofeed", where you must feed your troops when they get hungry (this is the only real difference between ZA and Invasion), simply modify:
  Code:
    if States.GameTime MOD 6000 = 0 then
        Autofeed;

to
  Code:
    //if States.GameTime MOD 6000 = 0 then
        //Autofeed;


in the script file (ending with file extension ".script") with notepad. (You can also simply delete those two lines of code.)
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Heden

Serf

Posts: 8

Joined: 05 Aug 2017, 09:46

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Aug 2017, 17:12

Re: Mini Games

cmowla wrote:
Heden wrote:see screenshot, they just spawn and stack on each other.
The map, "Invasion", is basically the same (the updated) map of ZA. If you are playing in r6720 (which I assume you are, since probably all of these versions worked in r5503), it's in the single player map menu along with all other maps. If you want to play with some friends against this AI, there is a multiplayer version as well.

You can also download both versions of Invasion from this page.




If you for some reason would like to play without "autofeed", where you must feed your troops when they get hungry (this is the only real difference between ZA and Invasion), simply modify:
  Code:
    if States.GameTime MOD 6000 = 0 then
        Autofeed;

to
  Code:
    //if States.GameTime MOD 6000 = 0 then
        //Autofeed;


in the script file (ending with file extension ".script") with notepad. (You can also simply delete those two lines of code.)


Thanks alot!
<<

Heden

Serf

Posts: 8

Joined: 05 Aug 2017, 09:46

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Aug 2017, 08:07

Re: Mini Games

Question!

Tried to cipher the code in some mini games but was unable to understand completely.

My question is; does the MP version of Invasion/ZA maps scale on how many players that are playing? I noticed most MP maps was made for 4 players or 6 players.
If not, is there any decent 2p MP special map like invasion/ZA?
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 381

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 07 Aug 2017, 16:06

Re: Mini Games

Heden wrote:Question!

Tried to cipher the code in some mini games but was unable to understand completely.

My question is; does the MP version of Invasion/ZA maps scale on how many players that are playing? I noticed most MP maps was made for 4 players or 6 players.
If not, is there any decent 2p MP special map like invasion/ZA?
I'm not sure that there is a 2 player map quite like this, and thus I just made a 2 player (2P) version from the 4 player (4P) version for you (and whoever else wants to play it in 2 player co-op mode).

I made no changes to the map except to "mimic" the single player version's building placements so that those who wish to try out my setups will be able to. (But note that because this is a different number and different formation of buildings, the behavior of the AI (that is, in which directions its attacks from) will be different from the single player version, as was the 4P version.)

Skypper set the following settings, all of which I did not modify, as it seems this is still good settings for a 2 player version. Player 1 is blue, and player 2 is red.

Let me know if this works out for you two. (Note: this is WITH autofeed. That is, you don't have to feed your troops. The serfs are there "just for show", as they don't need to eat, nor do they have a watchtower to refill.)

In addition, I can also double the amount of weapons, armor and horses given, should you need me to. (This will simply allow you to create more iron-armored units late in the game, as I think increasing the number of recruits would make the map "unbalanced" for two players. After all, each of you will be given roughly the same number of recruits as a single player would be, just a little more slowly over time.)
Invasion2P.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Heden

Serf

Posts: 8

Joined: 05 Aug 2017, 09:46

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Aug 2017, 15:44

Re: Mini Games

cmowla wrote:
Heden wrote:Question!

Tried to cipher the code in some mini games but was unable to understand completely.

My question is; does the MP version of Invasion/ZA maps scale on how many players that are playing? I noticed most MP maps was made for 4 players or 6 players.
If not, is there any decent 2p MP special map like invasion/ZA?
I'm not sure that there is a 2 player map quite like this, and thus I just made a 2 player (2P) version from the 4 player (4P) version for you (and whoever else wants to play it in 2 player co-op mode).

I made no changes to the map except to "mimic" the single player version's building placements so that those who wish to try out my setups will be able to. (But note that because this is a different number and different formation of buildings, the behavior of the AI (that is, in which directions its attacks from) will be different from the single player version, as was the 4P version.)

Skypper set the following settings, all of which I did not modify, as it seems this is still good settings for a 2 player version. Player 1 is blue, and player 2 is red.

Let me know if this works out for you two. (Note: this is WITH autofeed. That is, you don't have to feed your troops. The serfs are there "just for show", as they don't need to eat, nor do they have a watchtower to refill.)

In addition, I can also double the amount of weapons, armor and horses given, should you need me to. (This will simply allow you to create more iron-armored units late in the game, as I think increasing the number of recruits would make the map "unbalanced" for two players. After all, each of you will be given roughly the same number of recruits as a single player would be, just a little more slowly over time.)
Invasion2P.zip

Wow thanks a lot! :mrgreen:

Hmm.. (if I understand you and the map-mechanics correctly here)
So the amount of units spawning/attacking in 2p version will not be double the amount from single player version but it will be just like the 4p version?
Wouldn't that make it much harder?

Ps: I might try it today but not sure.
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 381

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 08 Aug 2017, 18:42

Re: Mini Games

Heden wrote:Hmm.. (if I understand you and the map-mechanics correctly here)
So the amount of units spawning/attacking in 2p version will not be double the amount from single player version but it will be just like the 4p version?
Wouldn't that make it much harder?
Would you like me to simply modify it so that you EACH get TWO players worth of recruits and weapons (and armor and horses) from the existing 4P version? That is, you both are given the same amount of soldiers and resources as 4 players are?

EDIT:
I have done the changes mentioned above to the map. I have attached the updated version at the end of this post.

Here are the stats of the number of enemy AI you will fight against (I made no changes to this). (I used the same counting program that I wrote/used earlier in this thread to get these results.)
  Code:
4 Player/2 Player
Total: 9594 Troops, 45373 Points
Militia (39)(1)
Axefighters (110)(2)
Swordfighters (1630)(5)
Bowman (98)(1)
Crossbowman (1487)(3)
Lancecarriers (30)(2)
Pikeman (2145)(3)
Scouts (190)(3)
Knights (2150)(7)
Barbarians (1545)(6)
Warriors (170)(6)

Versus:

  Code:
1 Player
Total: 9604 Troops, 45418 Points
Militia (39)(1)
Axefighters (110)(2)
Swordfighters (1630)(5)
Bowman (98)(1)
Crossbowman (1487)(3)
Lancecarriers (30)(2)
Pikeman (2150)(3)
Scouts (190)(3)
Knights (2150)(7)
Barbarians (1550)(6)
Warriors (170)(6)


And just to make sure, I did a simulation of the script for the 1P and 4P versions, as well as the 2P version attached at the bottom of this post, through wave 60, and this is what is in the barracks at that point. (Again, the stats for the 2 player version in the following image is the map attached to THIS post, not my first one. The previous 2P version is exactly HALF of what is shown below.)
Image


So the number of troops overall between two players in the 2P version attached to my PREVIOUS post actually still gives you two MORE troops than a single player gets (when your forces are combined), and the 4P version (and this newer 2P version) give 1800-745 = 1,055 more recruits than what a single player gets...and you're fighting against an AI which is a little smaller as well. Now, granted, I have not played the AI coming at these different directions, and thus the difficulty might differ (whether that be easier, the same, or harder).

Invasion 2P.zip


It might be best for you two to play this version, because no matter how many troops you are given, you have to get the hang of this map before you can beat it. You can always "make it more challenging" later on. :)

Lastly, if, after playing, you two (or anyone else) finds that there is a more user-friendly way to place the buildings, feel free to make changes to this map and upload it for others to download! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion and Lava Valley with 0 losses|Invasion (without saves)|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
Previous

Return to Map Design

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 11 guests