Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Register  •  Login

Mini Games

<<

cmowla

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 432

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 30 Oct 2013, 01:13

Re: Mini Games

andreus wrote:I tried this madness too ;D
Image

no comments. it's just epic madness :D
Nice. I would like to see a replay to see what your strategy was to get that many points! (H)

I can understand, however, if your replay doesn't work if you reverted back to more than one save. I didn't revert back to any saves because I wanted to give Skypper a working replay, but perhaps I could revert to the saves I made along the way to possibly increase my score. But even if you don't have a working replay, upload your SAV file so that Skypper can add you to the score board!

I'm surprised that you didn't get more points lasting to 1:15:00 (the beginning of wave 51). I got 18330 points around 1:10:49 (wave 48), and I didn't kill that many crossbowmen. For this particular game I had 22160 points at 1:15:00. :?
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours|||NEW! The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 432

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 30 Oct 2013, 05:55

Re: Mini Games

I just set a new record by using saves (so the replay doesn't work for this score) from my 27,130 point game,

28,415 points (wave 56)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours|||NEW! The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

andreus

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 343

Joined: 18 Dec 2011, 12:05

Location: Russia

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 30 Oct 2013, 18:30

Re: Mini Games

Image

Next try, 19512 points :P

I would like to see a replay to see what your strategy was to get that many points!

Knights and sword figters in groups of... 1 :mrgreen: and tons of bowmen... as always ;)
Last edited by andreus on 28 Jan 2014, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
<<

andreus

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 343

Joined: 18 Dec 2011, 12:05

Location: Russia

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 31 Oct 2013, 16:05

Re: Mini Games

Image

3rd try, 26720 points :P

It's possible to win, anyway ;)
Last edited by andreus on 28 Jan 2014, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Skypper

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 436

Joined: 28 Jun 2013, 09:37

Location: Dutch :D

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Oct 2013, 17:42

Re: Mini Games

Nice to see that some one still play my map :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i will add you to the score list :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

andreus

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 343

Joined: 18 Dec 2011, 12:05

Location: Russia

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 31 Oct 2013, 17:47

Re: Mini Games

Skypper, ZA is nice idea, I like this madness :P Btw, try our map (Sea Siege - Defense), and you can add it to minigames list if you want ;)

I used saves and got... 30111 points :O
Image

Some suggestions:

- Maybe add autofeed? It's impossible to feed army in lategame :P
- Waves counter works after 60th wave (see screenshot), but soldiers don't appear. Maybe disable counter after 60th wave?
Last edited by andreus on 28 Jan 2014, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Skypper

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 436

Joined: 28 Jun 2013, 09:37

Location: Dutch :D

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Oct 2013, 18:00

Re: Mini Games

if you give me a link of sea defence i will add it ;)
i will make your score then 30111

the wave counter counts every 90 sec +1 wave, it was more ment to show you on what wave you was so you could know when to set up your troops
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

andreus

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 343

Joined: 18 Dec 2011, 12:05

Location: Russia

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 31 Oct 2013, 18:02

Re: Mini Games

I could survive all 60 waves but made some mistakes, e.g. didn't feed my 45 bowmen...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1871 there are all my maps.
<<

Skypper

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 436

Joined: 28 Jun 2013, 09:37

Location: Dutch :D

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Oct 2013, 18:09

Re: Mini Games

i am not so active at the moment with making maps now, but maybe i will add the auto feed feature one day
if you want to edit or improve my map feel free ;)
i have add sea siege to the list
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 432

Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 19:59

Location: United States

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 31 Oct 2013, 23:18

Re: Mini Games

andreus wrote:I used saves and got... 30111 points :O
Image
This is exciting! I'll have to try again and brush up on my mistakes.

If you got 26000+ points without using any saves, why haven't you posted the replays? I'm guessing you learned a thing or two from other people's replays, why not share yours? If you didn't study other people's replays (or my screenshots) and have won all of this on your own, then that's even more of a reason to post your replay to introduce a new strategy.

Also, I would hate to make a wrong assumption on how you got 30111 points, but it appears that you accumulated extra points after all of your buildings were destroyed. In my opinion, such points shouldn't count because...

The game is technically over when all of your buildings have been destroyed since their existence is the only thing which drives the enemy troops to kill you. When Skypper asked "How long can you survive?", what is the only possible meaning? What was the only possible assumption? You have recruits that get generated even to the last wave. Does this mean you survive to wave 60 without even having to fight? The only assumption of the duration of survival is the survival of at least one building. If you can't spare at least one building, then the game should be over and the points earned from that point on should be negated from the person's total score. If you don't give a sav file or replay proving exactly how many points you earned up to that point, then that score shouldn't count at all. Both my old high score of 23008 and now my 28415 show that I'm still "alive" at the point when I claimed to have "survived" to earn X amount of points.

And thus the only remaining suggestion I would ask Skypper to implement into the next version is a mission defeat once you lose your last building.

andreus wrote:Some suggestions:

- Maybe add autofeed? It's impossible to feed army in lategame :P
If you apply an autofeed feature to your troops, then it would only be fair to apply it to the enemy troops as well...this decreases your chances at winning the game as SP significantly because so many enemy soldiers die from hunger that I think it would be cause more harm than help.

Skypper wrote:i will make your score then 30111
Skypper, I'm not sure if you noticed, but I did provide a 27130 point replay which works to the end (I didn't use saves), and I later posted a .sav file for a 28415 score (which I did use saves to cause the replay to not work). So please update my score too.

Also for the future, I don't think you should count a score unless the person provides at least a .sav file showing that they have at least one building standing before his or her score claim for reasons I have already mentioned in this post. It's simply not a realistic score to have earned points after you are already technically dead as far as the computer is concerned.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Northern Islands I Co-op in 1.71 hours|||NEW! The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Krom

User avatar

Knights Province Developer

Posts: 3262

Joined: 09 May 2006, 22:00

Location: Russia

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 Nov 2013, 05:05

Re: Mini Games

@cmowla: Andreus explicitly wrote he used saves ;) But even with saves the replay is watchable and by looking at it you can't see how many times it was saved/reloaded.

Maybe the mission should be upgraded to freeze the counter after the last house is lost, if you say this is the way it was meant to be counted? But for now - 30111 is a fair score.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

andreus

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 343

Joined: 18 Dec 2011, 12:05

Location: Russia

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 01 Nov 2013, 08:32

Re: Mini Games

I reloaded saves even to get that 26720 points, so replay won't work... 30111 points I got having good defense on right side (hmmm 30-35 knights and 50-60 bowmen left for 57-58th wave), but yes, after destroying barracks :P About strategy - send knights here (see screenshot; NOTE: be carefully if you have knights here when warriors appear on right side!), this will prevent traffic jams on your positions and you can send reinforcements immediately when your front line is dead. Positions setup is as always, knights (in groups of 1), tons of bowmen, ambush troops :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ben

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 3809

Joined: 08 Jan 2009, 23:00

Location: California - Pacific Time (UTC -8/-7 Summer Time)

Post 01 Nov 2013, 08:54

Re: Mini Games

I'm not understanding why the replay doesn't work for saves. I tested out some saves for single player, and the replays work fine, just like in multiplayer. Is there something I don't understand?
#thunderposting #greentornado
<<

Lewin

User avatar

KaM Remake Developer

Posts: 3821

Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 22:00

Location: Australia

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 01 Nov 2013, 09:15

Re: Mini Games

Ben wrote:I'm not understanding why the replay doesn't work for saves. I tested out some saves for single player, and the replays work fine, just like in multiplayer. Is there something I don't understand?

That's a bug. If you load from a save in singleplayer then resave, the replay will usually not work (but sometimes they do, which makes it hard to debug). We haven't been able to figure out the cause of this bug but hopefully we will eventually, there should be no reason why loading should break the replay. I'm not sure if multiplayer saves have the same problem, since they're not used very often.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Posts: 1314

Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 21:36

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 Nov 2013, 09:43

Re: Mini Games

I do recall multiplayer replays breaking whenever people rehosted, but i cannot renember when it was and it also did only happen sometimes i believe.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
PreviousNext

Return to Map Design

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests