Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Mini Games

<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 19 Aug 2013, 23:29

Re: Mini Games

I just redid the last few waves from a save I had from the setup from the above post, and I survived wave 51 (although I didn't kill all troops from wave 51), but I didn't have enough recruits to survive wave 52.

23 008 points

I killed 4393 enemy troops (this is, again, without killing any xbowmen groups).

And again, Skypper, this counts now for the scoreboard, as I fought against all generated groups in your original script.

The replay doesn't work past the 34th wave, just as before, unfortunately.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 20 Aug 2013, 09:08

very nicee :)
but i feel noob now
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 20 Aug 2013, 10:00

very nicee :)
but i feel noob now
Thanks. Don't feel that way about yourself! If you stick with it, you will get there.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 21 Aug 2013, 20:13

new version uploaded Dark Ravines and Dangerous Hills
Some new achievements and some achievements are made harder

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 21 Aug 2013, 20:49

cmowla, i watched your replay and it goes to wave 41 with 9663 points.
i think you upload the wrong one

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 21 Aug 2013, 23:54

cmowla, i watched your replay and it goes to wave 41 with 9663 points.
i think you upload the wrong one
No, I posted the correct one. Did you look at the save? The replay has a inconsistency bug starting at wave 34 (at time 50:42, I believe). I kept on clicking on "yes" over and over, and it did lead to wave 41, 9663 points, but that's not correct.

A similar thing happened to me with my first victory of "To the Capital" in the original release: the replay had the same bug, and it killed all of my men in the replay if I kept on saying "yes", when in fact the save file showed that I won.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 22 Aug 2013, 08:10

weird, you have 23008 points again ;)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

thommerd

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 28 Aug 2013, 19:35

Hey Skyper!

Dicsoupcan, Jelmer(woloszek last waves), sebas and me came to wave 58 of your zombie 4p :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles, that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 28 Aug 2013, 19:51

actually 55, but if you guys just could hold a simpel line we could have cleared everything :wink:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 28 Aug 2013, 19:59

nice played guys.
it is sad when range units shoot they won't walk a way if your unit want to pass, so you can't def your front if they are shooting :(

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 30 Aug 2013, 06:45

Hey guys,

I can't say that I got a higher score than my 23008, but for those interested in SP for the original version or newer version or wish to perhaps last longer in 4P (and get more points), I have two saves and replays attached to this post which might help you guys (that is, if you will accept my help).

I watched the 4P just posted, and I can see you all are getting better, but if you all combine your knowledge with mine, you all can certainly have a better shot of getting close to 11443 points each (the maximum possible score for 4P) (45773 is the maximum for SP, at least for the original version with a xbowmen groups created. So I by getting 23008 have gotten more than the maximum for a 2P game, should one exist in the future.)

(These replays and saves are me playing against the original version, except with the modifications I mentioned before, like the time clock, etc.).

The replay for "cmowla (17212 pts)" works all the way to the end (wave 48?) (17212 points if you continue to watch the replay once it has ended).
cmowla (17212 pts).zip
The replay for "cmowla (14878 pts)" works to the 1hr 3 min. mark (wave?). (14878 points if you load the save file and just watch until I'm dead).
cmowla (14878 pts).zip
"cmowla (14878 pts)" save might be a good resource for someone to try to continue to survive, as the save for "cmowla (17212 pts)" is not as good to start from, but you're welcomed to try. :wink:

Whether you all wish to watch my replays (both are the same game up to the 1hr 3min mark, at least, so watching one is sufficient...but I attached the 14878 so you all could use the save to start from a secure point in time with a decent set of points), here are the general setups which kept my kill to lose ratio nearly 17 to 1 by the start of the save of "cmowla (14878)". In addition, for those who haven't paid attention to the timing of certain groups being created, I have listed the times for which each of the latter setups must be ready. This is exactly why I had Skypper add the time clock to begin with.

North

SouthEast (at the 15:00 mark, you must have this setup or at least one building up to this)

East (at the 37:30 mark, you must have this setup)

NorthWest (at the 48:00 minute mark, you must have this setup)

Preventing enemy soldiers from doing this after wave 48 or so?
If I recall correctly of how I managed 23008 points, just put a single bowman in front of the inn, facing north west, and that will draw the barbarians and knights wanting to go in the direction shown above towards your northern front army instead. That was the key to me surviving the late 40s and early 50s waves.

In addition, I created A LOT more bowmen for the north setup and some more knights than what is shown in the setup.

Having two lines of bowmen (NOT XBOWMEN) directly behind your front line of single leaders in the setups I have shown is the key to minimal causalities, as you all can see for yourself.

If bowmen wouldn't have the habit of firing at an angle >45 degrees from their assigned facing position, they would have been even more effective than what they were in my replays.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 02 Sep 2013, 08:48

Okay Skypper,

I have a 19,636 pt replay that works all the way to the end (in the new version of your zombie game) attached to this post. I made no modifications to the script. I only reverted back to a save 1 time to make this replay (at wave 45...when you see that I switch on the watchtower to receive stones).

I reverted to a save a second time and got almost 21,000 points, but the replay didn't work...so it looks like if I wanted to lengthen the replay, I would have to start over again. (I hate this replay bug!)
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 02 Sep 2013, 09:54

i will watch it after school ;)
thx

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 29 Oct 2013, 02:04

Skypper,

I have set a new record for the new version of your Zombie Apocalypse Solo (new version), and its replay works to the very end, so you get to see it all (I did not use even one save). Epic, just epic.

27130 points (wave 55)

I'm starting to think it might be possible to win this: I made several mistakes. I won't lie, my hands started to shake at wave 42, and my heart started pounding past wave 48, but the combination of me getting lucky, keeping concentration, and my computer staying alive kept me strong enough to maintain and reform lines at critical times.
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 29 Oct 2013, 19:42

I tried this madness too ;D

no comments. it's just epic madness :D

Return to “Map Design”