Mini Games

<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 27 Jan 2014, 20:46

Re: Mini Games

Sorry for delay :P

As cmowla suggested, I changed spawn locs for SP and MP versions.
Also added all features to MP, and fixed missing scout for one of players in MP ;)

pls check
Thanks Andreus,
I checked the wave portion of the SP script by running it through my program (which created the output I previously showed in the code tags), and then I made that output a string variable in Mathematica. I did the same with waves 1-60 of my version of the script, and the two string are equal with a boolean check in Mathematica. So there are no typos or mistakes in the waves in your edit. :D And of course, my 45447 pts no saves win verifies that all troops are created with my version of the script (and thus it holds true that all troops will be created with your version).

However, please change "MAX_WAVE = 60" to "MAX_WAVE = 59" because when I won this script, the wave counter displays "Wave 61" because the output code is nWave + 1. (You can see that this happened with all of my v1.1 wins except for my 45447 pt win in which I made this change).
I fixed this 61st wave.
  Code:
if nWave < (MAX_WAVE - 1) then nWave := States.GameTime DIV 900;
so it gives 60th wave as max ;)
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 21 Feb 2014, 11:58

Why I'm Posting in this Thread Again
I just improved my setups for ZA v1.1 so that I could attempt to begin trying to beat waves 61-75 that I added in the script.

The Map
Here is the complete map file which includes the same script I put in this post (I also have all of the information about it including that I increased the time between waves after wave 60, I mention how many AI troops are created, how the difficulty based on points compares with v1.1, etc.). (This isn't the official v1.2 map, only a beta, so to speak. I'm sure Skypper and andreus will make the official version later).
Zombie Apocalypse Solo v1.2.zip

My Attempt
I just played this map, and I officially lost when the current wave was 63, but wave 62 is what caused my death (without reverting back to saves, so the replay works).
ZAv1.2betawave62 loss.zip
This was the most phenomenal v1.1 win (waves 1-60) I have ever accomplished, as I managed to not only prevent build up of xbowmen and pikes (as I also did in the v1.1 link in my signature), but I lost very fewer men in waves 1-60 (around 200, I believe) than ever before (even in my original wins where I let the xbowmen and pikes build up to slow down the AI).

Challenge (Zombie Apocalypse Boot Camp)
I saved restore points frequently throughout the game (although as I implied, I never used them). Specifically, here is a folder containing the save restore points at wave 58, wave 60, and at the beginning of wave 62 (when I'm okay). Having a good start like this (I don't think it can possibly be much better), where we have a lot of recruits and weapons in our barracks and quality setups which promise the most success in fighting waves 61-75.

Using any of these 3 save restore points, try to get as far as you can (you basically just have to maintain lines). The replays that come with each save file work (because they were just a restore point save, as mentioned before).
Waves.zip
I encourage all who wish to participate watch my wave 63 replay (I guess fast forward and start watching around wave 45?), just to get a feel for how often you need to send reinforcements.

When you have finished trying, please post your .sav, .bas, and .rpl files or post an image as some people have been doing to show how far you have gotten.

Lastly, I apologize for all of the text on the screen...I was just trying to test if waves 61-75 create AI units they are supposed to, according to the script (I was just preparing for the possibility that I would win it).

Purpose of Challenge
The purpose of this challenge is to encourage people to start winning ZA, because if you can manage to survive even one of the waves in my saves, then you can get a feel of what it's like when you attempt your own (full) win. You are more than welcome to use my setups!

I hope that andreus gives it a shot, because he got pretty far in v1.1, but my setups are so good that I'm sure anyone can at least get past one wave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Feb 2014, 21:20

I'll give it a try when I find time :P

I fixed some issues in both (SP and MP versions):

MP:

- disappearing roads
- kills counter worked only for 1st player
- time formatted: hh:mm:ss

SP:

- formatted time: hh:mm:ss

yep, I'm still working on this cool and crazy map, hope Skypper isn't against this :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 15 Mar 2014, 09:20

Hi,
I haven't been on the KaM forum for quite a while.
But it makes me happy to see that you still like the map :)
Feel free to edit and experiment white the map.

I tested your map, but the there is some kind of error "String out of range"
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

Post 19 Mar 2014, 10:10

You played in r5503...

In new versions of remake MaxID is not needed so I deleted this line from libx. In r5503 it's important and you get this error.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 24 Mar 2014, 18:18

Today i bring out the first version of my new map "Town Defence".
It is now only SP, i plan to make a MP/Coop version, if it is successful.

The goal:
Survive the enemy hordes as long as possible.

New features of this map:
A option to choose game options :D (Pleas comment if you like this option).
Random spawns.
Every 10 minutes a new wave.
Unlimited waves.
Option start the enemy waves after 80, 60, 30 minutes.
Enemy multiplier 1.1, 1.3, 1.5,
Gold ore bonus 30, 15 , none.
Iron ore bonus 10, 5, none.
Coal bonus 40, 20, none.

Plan to do:
MP/Coop
Point system for killed units.
timer to next wave.
larger map

screenshot.
Attack
Menu, you can choose a option by clicking a road
Town
Or very minimalistic

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 24 Mar 2014, 19:23

Nightly build 6136 or higher requierd!

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 30 Mar 2014, 09:01

Thank you Cmowla :D
[quote= Cmowla]BTW, Skypper, my edit to your map was to merely have all troops in all groups created (so it was a fix). The 15 waves I added to the script was just experimental (it was not meant to be an official redo of your map. I just thought I would post my work so that you could see it and possibly get some ideas should you add more waves later)[/quote]
It is nice that you did that.
Maybe I will add more waves later and improve the map terrain sins it is quite pour done :(

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 30 Mar 2014, 11:20

I agree with what sado wrote. And I just want to add one quote I've found:
If you copy part of someone else's work, you must cite it. Even if you only copied 1%, you must still give credit to the original creator because it's not your work.

Quote taken from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=902#p12607

@Skypper: Sado probably meant, that when you're making a map, you give your personal "touch" in it. Even if mapmakers have the same skills, they would do maps in a different way, because they have their own style. That's why he called it art. Making code is more like finding something, that already exist, I think. There's no "style" visible in it, code may only show, that author has good ideas and knows how to solve some problems. But still, it's his work, so if you want to use it, you need permission.

Wow, we're going a lot off topic!

Skypper, about this map:

I like, that I can choose game options, but it needs to be explained well (not only in description, but also in message at start). Also, maybe put numbers next to each line, so it's easier to look at (something like that: 1. Enemy multiplier. 2. First attack. 3. Coal and so on. With that I know which square I have to select).

Maybe make storehouse visible as soon as all options are selected.

A timer would be nice. That shows remaining time to first attack (or maybe even time to every next attack).

I would give your more feedback after I play it more, but it looks interesting for now :).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 30 Mar 2014, 12:02

@Skypper: Sado probably meant, that when you're making a map, you give your personal "touch" in it. Even if mapmakers have the same skills, they would do maps in a different way, because they have their own style. That's why he called it art. Making code is more like finding something, that already exist, I think. There's no "style" visible in it, code may only show, that author has good ideas and knows how to solve some problems. But still, it's his work, so if you want to use it, you need permission.
Aah oke, thx for the explanation :D

Skypper, about this map:

I like, that I can choose game options, but it needs to be explained well (not only in description, but also in message at start). Also, maybe put numbers next to each line, so it's easier to look at (something like that: 1. Enemy multiplier. 2. First attack. 3. Coal and so on. With that I know which square I have to select).

Maybe make storehouse visible as soon as all options are selected.

A timer would be nice. That shows remaining time to first attack (or maybe even time to every next attack).
Great that someone want to say something about the game play and gives some tips :D

1) I agree that it is a bit hard to choose the options you want.
but the "chosen options" are displayed in the order they are in game, the left title is easy and the right title is hard.
I will work on a better way to set options

2) Personally I thought it would be a bit weird if there you have no storehouse at the start, but maybe you are right.

3) I have add a timer that count's down to the first wave and after that every 10 minutes. (based on the timer that Andreus implemented in ZA)

I would give your more feedback after I play it more, but it looks interesting for now :).
I would be happy to hear

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 30 Mar 2014, 22:15

Hey Skypper,

Out of curiosity of how r6157 winter tournament beta is different from r5503 in ranged units arrows power, I played ZA v1.1 with the additional 15 waves I added. I was really relaxed, and I got a little further without reloading saves (wave 63/64). I think ZA is easier in r6157, especially that the AI xbows will not continue to move south if they are being attacked by my knights. Maybe I should have used more xbows since they are actually effective now? So anyone who has attempted it in r5503 or has not and wishes to try it (Skypper's 60 wave script/v1.1), play it in a recent version of the remake and you might beat it. :D
cmowla ZA w63 (r6157).zip
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 31 Mar 2014, 06:38

I will try it later, I am now on school xD

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 31 Mar 2014, 17:04

I have made a new version of Town Defence.

Changes:
water right of the bridge is unwalkable.
in the swamp there are less walkable titles.
Copied part of the map removed.
enemy multiplier 1.1, 1.3, 1.5

New:
Food bonus. (10, 5, none per 10 minutes)
Barbarian only. (Only barbarians will spawn)
Timer until next attack.

Comments on the map and game play are welcome :D

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 04 Apr 2014, 11:31

Does anyone have comments or tips for this map?
Personally I thought it was quite good, but now I start to doubt it

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 05 Apr 2014, 03:01

Skypper,
I tried to play Town Defense in r6157 (winter tournament beta), and I saw holes (revealed specs of the fog) instead of buttons to the right of the screen, and at 10:00, there was no attack (or at any time way after that). Can you provide a download link of a version of the remake that works? I looked up the "depreciated" nightly builds, but there is maybe one or two nightly r6_ _ _ builds, but they are below r6136. (?)

Return to “Map Design”