<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 May 2013, 09:06

MegaMap Project

Hello KaM Community and Mapmakers!
:)

Yesterday evening i had an idea. I hope everybody will be helpfully:) And sorry, if somebody wouldn"t like to part of this idea just say.
The idea is making a map together. I wrote 14 active mapmaker on my list but there is another 10 places so, if anybody would like to be in this project just let write here.
I divided a 256*256map some parts, and wrote there mapmaker names.
I know it is crazy idea, and possible won't work, but i beilive the mapmaker community can work together. Maybe we can learn a lot from ach other also.
I know also that every mapmaker has own stlyle, so if more than 10peoples are working on one single map is that could be catastrophic.
This is the reason why i gave some basic rules:

Starting storehouse settings:
50 goldchest
60 Timber
65 stone
50 wine
40 bread
30 sousage
30 bread
Starting citizens 4-4 serfs and laburers.

Resources MINimum:
Goldore: 350
Ironore: 300
Coal: 1000
Trees: 40
Stone: 1111
(no criterium how many hills what using)

I really hope everybody will be helpfully and wont say NO on this project. Im sure this Mapmaker community ca be enough strong to this project.
I read the latest topics on the forum and after made this list what could be possibility:
for the 8Players locs (60*60 area):
TD -The Dark Lord
TO -To
KO -Koczis12
HE -Hellracer
DI -Dicsoupcan
BE -Ben
PA -Paker
TH -Thunder

Fighting zones or areas
VO -Vojta_F
SA -Sado
PI -Pizzaisgood
WO -Woloszek
VA -Vas
MA -Matt
SH -Shadaoe

These tags are on the map. I really hope everybody could help
And the map has still some numbers also 1 to 10. So if anybody would like to draw some parts of this map, can join this project.
Really sorry if i forgot somebody from the list, but i just watched the latest activities on this forum. So if there anybody who would like to part of this team please just tell here.

And again it is an idea, and i know the mapmaking is alone job. But i really hope you all on the list will help this teamproject. Im courios really.
I wish the best for you!

With regards!
Thunder

PS: i know i haven't asked nobody from this project, but please support it:)

EDIT: and here is the list about the joined painters:)
Thunder
TO
The Dark Lord
Woloszek
Ben
Sado
Menszu(Area 8th)
Vas
Shadaoe
HellRacer
Jeronimo(Area1st)
Andreus(Area4th)
Koczis12
Remake2012
Dicsoupcan
Kamykos(Area6th)
Piko(Area2nd)
Islar(Area10th)
Lewin(Area9th)
Joker(Area5th)
The Viking(Area7th)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thunder on 07 Jul 2013, 06:18, edited 1 time in total.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 May 2013, 09:42

Re: MegaMap Project

Well, I'm concerned about the quality of the result, but who cares, it'll be fun to make! :P I'm definitely in, but we need to organize it well, because we can't use copy and paste in Remake editor yet (Lewin, Krom: is there a chance that it'll change in the new RC? It'd be way easier to maintain such a project then)
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 25 May 2013, 09:42

You should probably use Subversion for something like this, although I'm not 100% sure it's compatible with making maps..
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 25 May 2013, 11:18

I have an idea on this copy paste also. For exampple. TDL start and finish his part after send his job to TO, To finish his part and send the map to Koczic...etc.
And after check the result. And in this way the next mapmaker will see what kind of terrian style will be good. For example if somebody start with snow, then the next wont be make next to desert...or something.
What abuot this way?
I hope all mapmaker will read this topi.co.:)
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 25 May 2013, 22:26

nice idea. I like it :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 May 2013, 04:01

I have an idea on this copy paste also. For exampple. TDL start and finish his part after send his job to TO, To finish his part and send the map to Koczic...etc.
And after check the result. And in this way the next mapmaker will see what kind of terrian style will be good. For example if somebody start with snow, then the next wont be make next to desert...or something.
What abuot this way?
I hope all mapmaker will read this topi.co.:)

This is how Piece by Piece, an AoK scenario, was made. I like the idea also. The map will turn out very crappy, but it will be a lot of fun!
I'll try if I have time.

Also, I disagree with the minimum amount of resources to be placed on the map. Three-hundred gold-ore is an ample amount, and so is a thousand stone. These two aren't as big a deal as the coal: I strongly believe that this should be the formula mapmakers use when determining how much coal to place on the map: Coal >= iron-ore*2+gold-ore. Unless a mapmaker wants to make as player make a choice on how to use his coal, this is good because this is the least amount of coal you will need to use up the iron and gold ore, and coal is less easy to "clean up" (i.e., it is much harder to gather all the coal on a location than it is to gather all the gold-ore or iron-ore).
Again, just my thoughts

Also, you should edit your post so the abbreviations for the player names are three letters long, because then you could fit certain player's actual name in, and I hear that there are some pretty important people around whose names are three letters long...

;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 26 May 2013, 07:08

This is how Piece by Piece, an AoK scenario, was made. I like the idea also. The map will turn out very crappy, but it will be a lot of fun!
I'll try if I have time.
I started the mapmaking(1hour working with less checking to how do i think, how should to imagine this project) :) and send it to TO:) Im really happy to the biggest names also You support this idea, and would like to try out this project or idea:) and i hope the others will support this:)
Coal >= iron-ore*2+gold-ore
yes i would to work with this formula. I just wrote some direction because i really wouldnt like a 'crap' map. Crap because total unbalanced or something. Should to be nearly equal, but on the another ways with another styles. For example i put only ~320goldore on the mapXD. So those minimum setting just a kind of 'balance settings'.
If would like to divide mountain just do it, if would like to put 3-4 coalfield, no problem, how would you like:) just try to touch those values please:)
Anyway i forgot the amount of fish.(~50-if there is placement water)
Also, you should edit your post so the abbreviations for the player names are three letters long, because then you could fit certain player's actual name in, and I hear that there are some pretty important people around whose names are three letters long...
Im sorry if hurt anybody with two letters, but i wrote these on the map, and at first time i havent known how many place will i have.
Piece by Piece
WoW:)

I think the best and maybe the most effective way if work as a chainreaction on this :) (-Because copy paste.)
The best if we make a list who send to who the map, and at the end we will check it.
Now this sendin list is:
thunder
TO
The Dark Lord
Woloszek
Ben
Sado
And if somebody would be part of this just wrote yourself end of this chain, and we will know it:) I hope it will be longer.
Have fun!
;)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 May 2013, 15:34

I was just joking with the "three letter" thing :P
Looking forward to my part!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Vas

Rogue

Post 26 May 2013, 15:54

cool idea, maybe I can join later...
<<

Menszu

Vagabond

Post 28 May 2013, 06:52

Nice idea. I'd take 8th area ; )
Puny lords starving your subjects, such weakness, shame on you...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 28 May 2013, 07:13

Nice idea. I'd take 8th area ; )
Nice!:)
thunder
TO
The Dark Lord
Woloszek
Ben
Sado
Menszu(Area 8th)
Vas
:)
Happy to see this list:)
Have fun!
<<

Vas

Rogue

Post 28 May 2013, 07:32

Please upload the map if your part is done thunder : )
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 28 May 2013, 11:43

Hi, I just saw this topic, it seems a great idea and I'd gladly participate !
I wonder how the map will end up but well, maybe it'll be perfect :p
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 28 May 2013, 14:22

thunder
TO
The Dark Lord
Woloszek
Ben
Sado
Menszu(Area 8th)
Vas
Shadaoe
HellRacer
Welcome:)

I sent the map to TO. I just make a fast job under 1 hour to start this project. I thought that we can send the map this lane how you see on the list. Now TO is working on it he will send it to TDL who will send it to Wolo....etc.

So be patience:) after the end of the chain we check together (somehow) the resultshere on the forum. (for example i just make a sketch with 3 mistakes)

I think guys you are enough good mapmakers to make a good map. So the result won't be crap. beilive it!
;)

t
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 30 May 2013, 07:35

I'd like to participate. :)
Any fighting area is ok for me.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo

Return to “Map Design”