Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

MegaMap Project

<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 30 Sep 2013, 12:03

Re: MegaMap Project

I just wouldnt like to make drastic changes. This is why i didnt make elevations. But yes should be visible the margin. so if TO, Shad,Kire and Koczis say okay, for me absolutaly okay.
It was poorly done imo so I decided to turn my loc into a camploc myself :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 30 Sep 2013, 16:03

OK, thank you To to made more closed your locations!
I made a little changes in the left corner loc(in Paker"s location). I replace the storehouse and give some more trees.Im sorry, but we think to this is a necesarry balance issue. (the other idea was delete the 50fishes lake, but that also oo much rework...)
Yesterday we've alredy tested an 3v3 game. Was fun. There are many Kisspoint XD

EDit: And thanks Wolo to repaired many bad connected tiles. His list was pretty long.

link is here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 04 Oct 2013, 11:46

I made a "MegaLand fix 3", reworking completely my mediocre volcano (because I wasn't satisfied with my work).
After loading the map yesterday I said to myself: "Jeronimo can make better volcanos" :P and started editing.

Besides that I thought in a more proper name for the superproject map, because (no offense) but MegaLand sounds bland IMO.
So the name I came up with was inspired from the first lines of the map's description: "Finally... Dream of the Mapmakers has arrived."
Simple, short, meaningful: Utopia -> A map created from portions of many imaginations.

If you don't like this name, and want to keep MegaLand, no problem for me... But is waste of opportunity... word "Utopia" can't fit anywhere better than here.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 21 May 2014, 19:06

Hello all!

Somedays ago, maybe some weeks ago i spoke with woloszek about the map. He told me should be good to fix things.
I've played already some games (8players games) on the map and my conclusion was the map is very huge. Opened and huge. The distances between the locations are long. With mellees and ranged units nearly impossible to do anything. This map is a typical calvary map. if 2 players decide to attack/rush one with 80 knights then the game will be finished very earlier.
The locations are playable and the diferences between the locations are small. I checked it and the average number of units was nearly similar.
But the tactical part of the game is bad because there are too much posible meeting points. and the horse rush strategie on this map is overpowered.

Well i made a short plan for fix this map. I attached a picture to this post so you can see the plan.
About the lines:
yellow: the "planned"/possible margins of the locations
Blue: the planned unplayable lines. specially i plan herevery small entrances. one or two tiles. So then will be easy to block these areas and then the game will go into the centre where is a beautiful figthing zone.
Red lines: planned modifications.
Red circles: made some little corredctions.
Pink arrows: if the blue lines are camped then the pink lines will show the possible units flowing.

positive things:
+the map will have a playable form. Top vs bottom. unfortunately the left vs. right need more changes as i saw because the top 3 locations has lot of wide entrances and hard to defend all.
+there will be the most beautiful 256*256map
+this map will be absolute good for the new player who play with 8x speed and with 150mins pt
+for the classical game style will have a map with the largest figthingzone ever.
+the map has huge and small or narrow tactical parts,-->easy to creating traps etc...
+...

negative things:
-Of course if the blue lines will be there as very small gates then Dicsoupan's and thunder's loc will be very closed and /i will use the famoust words ever in Remake after the noobs;P/ CAMPY
-have to modified some mapmakers's job :S /i think to with small changes possible to make it better/
-I already know that :) Maybe To won't like if we make his location more close then he made.
-And possible we should to change back the name to MegaLand or what was that...(for me the name is not really conting if started without 'A' ;P)
-need some feedbacks about this things.

If you guys give your ideas for balancing this map/i already some/ then i can start to make the modifications. If the most mapmakers agreed with this of course;)

OKay im waiting your replys.
:)
t
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 22 May 2014, 12:03

Location 5 and 7 needs more space, 7 doesn't even look good. Loc 3 has many unbuildable tiles, I mean those mushrooms are really annoying. These small things would be nice to be corrected also.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 May 2014, 13:39

Location 5 and 7 needs more space, 7 doesn't even look good. Loc 3 has many unbuildable tiles, I mean those mushrooms are really annoying. These small things would be nice to be corrected also.
Thank you David! I already fixed these things;)

Anyway those mushrooms has two different types. Buildable and unbuildable. I hope soon we will say goodbye to these unused objects and can start to use some more havoc style things;)

About the locations.
Loc5 is the closet location on the map. That location has 3 very very narrow entrances. Nearly impossible to do anything there. Yes the space is a little bit less than on other loc but somthing for somthing;) closest and the smallest. I think to this is enough fair. Anyway i gave around more 20 tiles.

Loc7 had already some little changes so already ther are lot of spaces. The gold mountain and the iron hill are also smaller and looks out well. I really wouldnt like to make huge changes so i just hope the changes will be enough.

And thanks again for these replys;)
it be better and better
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 18 Jul 2014, 17:23

Hey all!

I really wouldn't like to hrt anybody with these changes but a had to make some small changes on the map and renamed it to MegaLand. Everybody think on these changes as a finalization.
I touched only the most critical points of the map. I tried to make TO-Dicsoupcan loc as closed as Thunder -Koczis12. So now the map should to be playable top vs.bottom.
I had to made more changes on the left corner. I hope the map will have a playable time setting!

Fájná máppá;P
HF!

Return to “Map Design”