Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

upload (MP)maps

<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 25 Apr 2013, 16:01

Re: upload (MP)maps

Maybe disable towers?
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Apr 2013, 17:39

I haven't downloaded it yet, but, from the screenshot, I totally agree with Revolution. There is no way that I'd play here with towers unlocked, because it would be mega camping.

EDIT: I'll take a closer look at the map after exams, but it really looks like the entrances need to be larger/more of them; even if towers are blocked.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 25 Apr 2013, 17:45

the way you made the map could also be played ffa imo, very nice looking map!
Hi

ffa means free from alliance, right? If so, that's what i would make in the first place. A multiplayer map playable for 'everyone on there own' type.

Thanks for the feedbacks, it helped my a lot. :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Apr 2013, 17:50

Yep, you have it right: FFA means no allies.

However, the acronym actually means Free For All. ;)
<<

Islar

Pikeman

Post 25 Apr 2013, 17:59

I haven't downloaded it yet, but, from the screenshot, I totally agree with Revolution. There is no way that I'd play here with towers unlocked, because it would be mega camping.

EDIT: I'll take a closer look at the map after exams, but it really looks like the entrances need to be larger/more of them; even if towers are blocked.
Hi

I don't really played my map so i don't know :'( but I agree too, the towers should be disable. But because i do not played it i do not know what else could change. but I want to play it sometime. :|

I do not know what TeamSpeak is or how it works. :$ Could someone tell my about it?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Apr 2013, 18:23

TeamSpeak is a very nice piece of software that enables great communication among gamers. Lewin has provided a tutorial somewhere (I can't remember where; though) if you need help getting started, but you can download TeamSpeak 3 from the website http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
Make sure that you download the Client, not the server.

Once you install TeamSpeak, connect to KaM.guildshout.com and you will be able to chat or talk (with a microphone if you have one) with fellow KaM players :)
<<

Islar

Pikeman

Post 25 Apr 2013, 18:28

TeamSpeak is a very nice piece of software that enables great communication among gamers. Lewin has provided a tutorial somewhere (I can't remember where; though) if you need help getting started, but you can download TeamSpeak 3 from the website http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Once you install TeamSpeak, connect to KaM.guildshout.com and you will be able to chat or talk (with a microphone if you have one) with fellow KaM players :)
oke thanks
<<

Islar

Pikeman

Post 25 Apr 2013, 18:43

oke thanks
Do i need to make a accout on http://www.guildshout.com?
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Apr 2013, 18:50

oke thanks
Do i need to make a accout on http://www.guildshout.com?
nonononono here are detailed instructions viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1202

but instea of ts.exoduscommunity.com you use KaM.guildshout.com
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Islar

Pikeman

Post 25 Apr 2013, 19:03

There is no one i think :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Apr 2013, 19:18

you connected to exodus, the one we used to connect to. now try connecting to KaM.guildshout.com .
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Apr 2013, 20:50

Good Job, this map really has the looks of an original map! First impression:

+ Elevation on the map is almost excellent (although all mountains could be elevated more).
+ More than enough buildingspace
+ amount of starting resources
+ details

- many sharp edged tiles
- starting trees are too few imo (loc 4/5/8 maybe have too many)
- some open places look too uninteresting (try to add some cliffs or place some water there for example)
- last but not least; too few passages (and way to narrow) to the enemy side of the map

To
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 02 Jun 2013, 03:35

The water is elevated too much in some places making black spots. (some elevation is good though because it makes the game render "sand bars" underwater which makes it look more interesting)

Can you also write a short story/description for the map (like other maps have). Then I think we can add it to the Remake :)

Return to “Map Design”