Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Pawel's Campaign Feedback

<<

Necroman

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 07 Sep 2014, 15:40

Re: Pawel's Campaign Feedback

Regarding mission 8, the left enemy had Iron mine in his village. The complain was only about the iron ore vein, that cannot be mined even if you want, the place for building is too short. It feels like a bug in map design.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 07 Sep 2014, 16:19

Yeah you are right, but that´s not a bug. It´s just that the ai doesn´t build anything there and it is the first "harder mission" if the iron runs out, the ai will turn "weaker" because there is also no infite iron in their storehosues. It´s ok how it is.
(Many times iron/gold mountains in AI towns just exist, because of the look of the city. You have often missions with 5000 gold but still there is like one goldmine, so it makes sense that they have gold in their storehosue at all ;-) )

Still thanks for your reports.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 09 Sep 2014, 01:41

Hi, I've just discovered the KaM Remake about month ago and as a huge fan of the original game I installed it and yesterday I finished the Shattered Kingdom campaign.
I bet you're excited! I know I was when I discovered the remake! (H)
Played the v5503 version. Here are some bugs I discovered:
I'm surprised you didn't mention TSK18! However, there was a bug fix to that. (Maybe that's why you didn't mention it?)

Since you're familiar with the original game, perhaps check out my TSK in r5503 replays in this post and in the post above it (one of my replays is me beating mission 18 with the bug and only loosing two troops, but clearly one can be it without loosing any troops when it's bug free), so that you can get more in-depth feel of the AI. The newest AI (r6547 to my knowledge) is much different than r5503, but my replays might be entertaining. :mrgreen:

(If you want the latest (unofficial) KaM remake version, see this post.)
- mission 20 is really hard, I had to restart it about 10 times before I survived the initial attack. Not sure, if the original game that hard as well?
Yeah, more knights which your ally is supposed to fight come attack you instead. The fixed version pawel95 was talking about (which he made) is in his post, here.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 Sep 2014, 05:18

Pawel,

In mission 14 when you get attacked and you fight back, the enemy will send ALL it's forces.
even the defensive forces.
Thus you stand almost no chance of winning.
Applies for the Green and the Black AI
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 16 Sep 2014, 09:42

Pawel,

In mission 14 when you get attacked and you fight back, the enemy will send ALL it's forces.
even the defensive forces.
Thus you stand almost no chance of winning.
Applies for the Green and the Black AI
Have no fear, cmowla is here! (The replay surprisingly works!)
cmowla TSK14 in 42m31s (r6547).zip
(Clearly with more saves, I could have not lost any scout with this approach and still manage to kill all troops, not starve them.)
Seriously though, to my knowledge, this is how the AI has been behaving for a while, and I don't think pawel95 can fix this...it seems to be the design of the AI itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 10 Nov 2014, 17:48

Finished my works on the Campaigns.

Continue here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2414#p41395

Return to “Map Design”