Pawel's Campaign Feedback

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 09 Jan 2013, 22:17

Re: Pawel's Campaign Feedback

If TPR08 (or any of the missions) require catapults/balista/town hall to be balanced, then they may need other soldiers/resources added to make them balanced. Would you like to help with this pawel? I'll look at the fixes you sent me soon, I haven't had a lot of time for KaM recently. If you've made any more changes can you please send all of the changes in one email? Thanks again for your help with this (don't worry if you haven't made any more changes, I still have your original emails).
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 10 Jan 2013, 13:22

Well i have sended you all fixed missions in one Mail, haven't I ? :-) The thing is you should(if you havent done it up to here :lol: ) read my first post,because there are more missions,that aren't really easy. However i have decided to replay these missions after a bigger AI Release,you know, it could be that it will be than too easy in next release for example :?

For example TPR 07 like i have written down in my first post, is more luck than tactic :D I think,if the green soldiers come at the correct time( From original game), it would be also hard without the 2 catapults.

However this mission (TPR 08) isnt winnable completly without this simple trick. I havent time now,too, but at this Saturday i will play a little bit with this map in editor, so that i can tell you how many More soldiers are needed. Also my dad will play this mission, because he isnt that good, and when it is winnable for me and for him (maybe after 2/3th try) without this trick, I will post here my results,ok? :mrgreen:

EDIT: Ahh and Lewin,you must tell me: Should I retest this 8th Tpr Mission with "Shield Test Release" or not. I think it doesnt make that much differences,but specially in this mission,you have a huge number of horses+swordmen.

pawel95
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 12 Jan 2013, 13:48

I have sended you a mail with the .dat file. So now it is possible to win without any tricks, but still not too easy.
Also I have fixed the problem with the one AI group,which didn´t come to attack me.

pawel95
<<

kungyarr

Post 16 Jan 2013, 19:18

Ey guys! guess what I COMPLETED TPR 08!!! I took me 10 mins, btw, you gotta play smart, take out right soldiers first. And i succed!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 06 Apr 2013, 11:10

The most problems in TPR are fixed now. The Remake Team improved also AI behavior, so its more like in the original now

The Fixed versions of TPR you will all find in the next official Release :D

I will start to test TSK in 2/3 weeks. When some RC player find a big problem/bug in the new RC(with the already fixed missions) pls just send me a PM with the mission number and the problem.

Thanks

pawel95
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 06 Apr 2013, 11:14

Thanks a lot for your help pawel, we really appreciate it :)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Apr 2013, 15:14

I see that in TSK01 6 lance carries normal attack the humans base(TSK). In the Remake they just connect to an other lance group. Is that a new feature of r5xxx, because the ai attack stops because of that. Also I see that the troops of yellow attack come from the base, when an attack beginns near our base. Has the aggression changed in the new Release demo? Or are the troops in general more aggressive than in TPR (huge radius of helping units out) ?

One other question:

In tpr04 its important that the human players gets a Message/briefing after 15 sec. not to kill the people only the Rebels(troops of the enemies). Now my problem is: Only the First Player gets the message. How to make it that also the other human player (I´m talking about my coop version) gets the message? The strange thing is, in TPR03 where I also converted the other player, it just works automaticly :P Both times I set the other human player as Human OR AI and the 1st as Default and Human.

EDIT to first aspect: I think thats an bug. The script of tsk01 says that the group should "GO TO x;y". It looks like for the Remake the regrouping and connection with other troops is more important than the "go to" or "attack at" feature. I think this should be changed back, because like in TSK01 it causes that you have more troops that survived :-)

pawel95
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 15 May 2013, 15:04

I completely forgot to post on this topic when I fixed these issues, sorry about that.

Thanks for your report. There were some issues with AI behaviour in r5116 which caused them to override walk orders, and some other undesirable behaviour. These problems have been fixed and the AI should now behave more like it did in r4179, please test it when RC3 is released if you have time.

To make the message appear for both players you must edit the .script file for that mission. You'll see something like:
  Code:
if States.GameTime = 1200 then Actions.ShowMsg(0, States.Text(0));
Change it to:
  Code:
if States.GameTime = 1200 then begin Actions.ShowMsg(0, States.Text(0)); Actions.ShowMsg(1, States.Text(0)); end;
If in doubt, check the .script files for the coop missions, you can see how it's done there. If you notice any issues with coop messages please let us know (we might have missed them for some missions).
Cheers,
Lewin.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 02 Dec 2013, 18:51

In your current Remake Version you have propably my fixed versions of the TPR Campaign. Up to here I didn´t got any negative feedback, that some missions are still bugy or "unplayable". So I see it as a little step to a similar campaign like in the original TPR (H)

However after I heard about many problems in the current Remake versions at some missions in TSK, I decided to fix this campaign also, like I did with TPR.
I will try to get a nearly same campaign, like we had in the original TSK(TPR) Game.

I will just start with TSK20, because many people said it´s really too hard and ?Impossible to win? I will playtest all "buged" missions first with Bence(thanks for that :) ) and decide then, how to fix these missions. After I finished that and a new Remake Version will come out (and the Remake Team will agree on the changements) I am again ready to here some feedback, when some missions went worse than they were :mrgreen:

Like always you can see the actual progress and ALL changes on my starting post. When you had problems at some certain missions and you can´t any longer, you can also write me a pm here on the forum when you wanna help me to test the fixed version of that mission. !However you should know the original missions really well!(When you saw KaM 2 days ago on Steam the first time in your life, you don´t know these missions enough :D )

Pawel95
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 29 Dec 2013, 14:47

Hey Guys, I would just need your help. Do you know if in original TSK those xbows also looked in that direction, like they do in the Remake? It doesn´t look well for me, but maybe I just remember wrong and it should be like a defence, when the human player is already in their city? :? Would be nice if someone could tell me:

<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 30 Dec 2013, 20:25

Hey Guys, I would just need your help. Do you know if in original TSK those xbows also looked in that direction, like they do in the Remake? It doesn´t look well for me, but maybe I just remember wrong and it should be like a defence, when the human player is already in their city? :? Would be nice if someone could tell me:
Hi pawel95,
if you are referring to mission 20 of TSK campaign in the old TPR game,

I had an old .sav which around 5h 30m, I saw that the top xbowmen group you circled are facing the west (as they are in the remake), but for some reason, the bottom xbowmen you circled are not in any formation at all at that point in the game: they are scattered between where they should be, around the watchtowers, on the south side of the bridge, etc., so it's impossible to tell what the intent of the original programmers was from a saved game 5h 30m into the game...I did not attack the top northern village at all before I charged in with some cavalry to see, so the xbowmen were disorganized without any interference.

Like the remake, no xbowmen are created yet for the bottom xbowmen group you circled at the beginning of the game, but there are a few xbowmen for the top xbowmen group you circled still facing the same direction (west) as in the screenshot you provided.

Maybe you were aware of this and asked for the old TSK game (and not the old TPR game) to see if the bottom xbowmen group you circled are in a correct formation? Or is this what you needed to know?...probably not what you were expecting (certainly not what I was expecting).
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 30 Dec 2013, 22:56

Thank you for your help cmowla :-)

I need the permission from the Remake Team, but I plan to fix it that way:

+East xbows should stay like they are now(Faced to the city, so they shoot at enemies attacking the schoolhouse for example)
+Turning around the right marked group at west entry by 180°. I am pretty sure in old tsk, I saw them shooting on me AND they are way too easy to kill like that from the other side of the wall.

Pawel95
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 31 Dec 2013, 01:11

In TSK it was like this (this is the TSK mission file opened in my old editor):

And there were no defence positions on the left side of the castle. But I don't like that, I prefer the way it is in the screenshot you posted. Having some groups pointing inwards makes it harder once you get inside the castle. So I'd leave it like it is. Perhaps the group at the bottom which you highlighted could be turned to face outwards if they can be shot from the outside of the castle.

I don't think it matters very much, as long as the defences look sensible and are challenging but not impossible to attack. You don't need our permission to change stuff like that, but maybe make a note of it on this topic or when you send us the fixed mission.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 31 Dec 2013, 12:06

Ok. Playing today the first missions of tsk again.

Tsk01 was easy like in the original game. Winable in 15 min.

About Tsk02, Lewin told me that someone reported that the initial attaack would be (too) hard because of less powerfull bowmen. Can´t really accept that, because I just won the initial attack with x10 speed at the first try and lost only some milita :mrgreen:

When someone think, it´s really too hard, please send me some replays, where you tried to win, but it´s really an "easy" mission in comparision to other missions.
<<

Post 01 Jan 2014, 01:39

Some missions have a grave problem, we can sneak some soldiers past the base and kill all the serfs, winning easily the mission. The soldiers won't retreat to defend the base and will die of hunger. I believe that when the AI is improved this won't happen anymore, but just to say:
-> mission 5 of tsk - you can pass all the troops at the highest part of the scenario and destroy the storehouse, killing all the purple troops by hunger. ( of course here you can win all the mission with only the initial troops)
->mission 9 - you can sneak into the purple base at the left side before the tower is opperating and kill all the serfs. you then can proceed to the right side and win all the mission with 2 or 3 soldiers.
mission 15 - you can sneak into the green base all kill all the serfs.
mission 16 - you can sneak into the left side of the black base and stand in front of the schoolhouse (without attacking anyone before), killing all the serfs and killing the enemy soldiers by hunger.
now the entire campaign is not unlocked for me, but I am sure that in the mission 18 it is possible to do the same.

Return to “Map Design”