Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Pawel's Campaign Feedback

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 17 Nov 2012, 11:47

Pawel's Campaign Feedback

Hey Guys, I open here now a new section, in which i will write each Mission(which i have played in new release) and whats going wrong or is too easy or too hard.

I hope that Lewin+Krom will have it easier than, to fix the problems, because the Remake should have a good(better) campaign that the original one and not only a brilliant Online Mode :D
Pls dont comment here unnecesary things, only when you have an other mind than me, to some missions or important things, thx :-)

Specially in TPR i search the difference between original Game and Remake, but I will not post here sth. when in Original Game is a bug and in Remake not HAHA

Fixing time:
Fixed problems will be showed with green color.

COOP MAPS:
ACTUALLY TESTED MISSIONS IN r5116

TPR 03:(Already Fixed)

!+Wrong TPR map was set!

+Some Recources were like x4, than normaly (E.g 2000 gold, Normal would be 500)
+Unnecessary TowerSpam

TPR 04:

Completly new coop map convertion by me.
+Wrong script commands

TPR 05:(Doesn´t need any fix)

TPR 06:(Doesn´t need any fix)

TPR 07:(Fixing finished)[/u]

+Colors of 2 AI players were wrong should be yellow + light green (Is actaualy pink + darkgreen){Same bug, like in normal campaign map}
+Connected both Xbows groups of human player
+Tiny unimportant changes

TPR 10:(Already Fixed)
+Wrong Color for Player 2 (AI player) (Should be brown, is black) and Player 5 (Should be snowblue, is black)
+Changed the position of Troops from Human player back (Its too easy than (Player still know from where the attack comes, because of briefing)
+Deleted most of the towers. It was just a spam of towers, while in original map some Ai player had NO towers!
+Changed back Barrack placement of pink player. The tower was just putted there down and made trouble.

*Added +50 Stones and +50 coal for both Human player (Coal and stones are really rare and its hard to have coal for last 2 enemies)

=> Only the last enemy of the map (brown) has 3 towers normaly. Here like !40 towers were implemented for this coop map
We tested this map 4 times(with like 3 different gaming skill types) and even with 2 good SP players this map is still hard like it is in original, because you haven´t big amounts of coal and the pink players start with huge number of iron tropps(mostly strong Knights)
Thats the point, why I dont see any reasons to spam towers like that on THIS map

TPR 14:(Already Fixed)

+Wrong Colors for like every AI player

THE SHATTERED KINGDOM:

ACTUALLY TESTED MISSIONS IN r5116
TSK 01:(Already Fixed with the new Nightly ;-) )

Like in nearly each mission, the repeating attack doesnt work=>
+The yellow lances dont attack next building of human player, but the axefighters do :)

TSK 02:(Doesn´t need any fix)

TSK 03:(Doesn´t need any fix)
I thought, in the Remake it´s quite too easy, because I lost like 2 axefighters only. However after I rechecked the mission in the original TSK, I noticed how the time has changed and how easy it was back then (When I played tsk the first time in my life, I couldn´t win that mission tough :$ :mrgreen: )

TSK 04:(Already Fixed)
-Stonemeason isn´t buildable from the beginning in the Remake, it´s buildable in TSK (Fixed with !RELEASE_HOUSE 14 )

TSK 05:(Already Fixed)

+Because of new AI behaviour, blue attacker, keeps attacking you, same with Lauenburger attackers ;-)
+Decreased Lauenburgs Lances back to 2x12 like it was in TSK(Lewin increased that number in earlier release), because you can ignore the task "Defend lauenburgs lancecarries" , when Lauenburg has 40 instead of 24 lances.
-Left attacker has wrong blue color (Light blue like it was in TSK will he have after the fix)

TSK 06:(Already Fixed)
*Looks like someone fixed it before. Forexample added 10 bowmen. It´s perfect

TSK 07:(YAY Fixed)
-Wrong Color for 2 AI players
-Inn shouldn´t be allowed to build, Stonemeason should be!
-Wrong behaviour of Lance carries of purple enemy
-Wrong behaviour of Yellow ally´s milita
-Added script to not share fog with "willage" of your ally

TSK 08:(Fixed)
-Initial attack seems too strong *TEST* /Decreased barbs at starting attack from 60 to 45 for same balance, like in TSK with stronger bowmen

TSK 09:(Doesn´t need any fix)

TSK 10:
-One Crossbowmen group of the enemy isn´t shooting .

TSK 12:(Fixed)
-One AI Player has a different Greencolor

TSK 20:(Already Fixed)

+Starting attack was totaly bugged: Wrong soldiers attacked the human player, wrong groups attacked the ally (Fixed with Adding a new "invisible player" that is only important for the starting attack)
+Yellow ally "ignores" black knights and go directly to attack blacks tower
+Turned around the south right xbow "ai position" by 180° (How it was before the fix: http://i.imgur.com/nIuKgh0.jpg )
++Improved starting attacks with direct "attack storehosue" and "attaack storehouse with left soldiers(left wave, after barbs are defeared) after 2 min"

TSKProgress:
>>>>>>-60%-<<<<

The Peasants Rebellion

ACTUALLY TESTED MISSIONS IN r4179
TPR 01:

Here are big differences in this mission:

+Some Soldiers from ally(left side) dont attack, in original they start to go forward after few seconds. I must ask Lewin, but I think, that this is an AI thing. I couldnt find any program command in orignal game, its only the agressiveness of the AI, they come and help, but this isnt fixable in Remake up to here, i think we must wait for next big AI patch?!

+The yellow enemy doesnt attack like in orignal game left ally with so much army.
+Attack repetition is wrong(When one black axefighter enemy survive, they often doesnt attack the storehouse but standing there and the player must go to him and kill)

=> So there are little problems in the behavior of the ally AND differences of the attacks from the enemy

Here at the picture you see,that the ally is "Intelligent" in Original and go to attack the enemy,noone survive:

But In Remake, the ally is only standing there :D (Also,when all houses are destroyed already):

TPR 02:

Mission hasnt that much bugs/problems only its too easy,because:
+enemy stands in front of me for a long time(in original its the same, but they stand only short time)
+Bowmen(rebells) stand there very long, at 1:30 minutes they start to go closer to me, that time should be nearly as short as in the original game

=> That was all, i think this mission will be fixed very fast.

TPR 03: (Doesn´t need any fix)

I think perfect! Not too hard and not too easy, like in the original :D

TPR 04:(FIXING FINISHED)

+Color from Player 02 and Player 03 has the same green color in original game. In Remake Player 03 is dark green, so it doesnt look like, the village "belongs" to the big city :P Thank you to Krom, to give me a tipp for a script command :D

[+Well in original game, you have 3 catapults, but this can wait, about discussion adding/not adding sieges..]

TPR 05:

+Green horses don´t attack at the start(like it is in Original). Starts attacking too late.
+Green bomwen don´t attack,too only shooting on random things, like serfs...
+Brown players don´t attack after first building destroyed

TPR 06:(FIXING FINISHED)

Normal:

+BLUE troops in Remake are in Orignal like the village GREEN

COOP:

+I would add about +20 of stones for each Human player, its bit hard to set 50/50 to the stone(for beginner) and the big hill in east is wide away.
+Starting attacks are really bad! Horses of AI player stands 5 Meter before my storehouse(which is attacked) and than after 1 minut attack alone
(+) Same with Xbows, they stand there and than after 1 minut(after you could already killed them) they react and continue they walk to my storehouse.
+I would add about +5 lances and +5 horses (or more) for AI player in north east, if you are alone in campaign,its good, but here(like it was with my dad) we had so much army left(what was also because the "bug" of beginner attacks) that we have attacked the AI player after 10 minutes and won :P

Replay
http://uploaded.net/file/lr1z921l

TPR 07:

+Green begin-attacker has big problems with attack. Sometimes they attack about 1 min before yellow(pink in remake) and sometimes they attack after 15 min game time :D this is because they all try to stay at one place before they attack the closest soldier of them => AI THING

Normaly green attack long before yellow(pink), but in remake they need that much time, that pink is faster and the mission is much harder at it should, because green will attack randomly:

1st attack after: 4:24 Min
2nd attack after: 13:12 Min!
3th attack after: 3:11 Min
(so this is a thing, that should be fixed in AI,because the player doesnt know,when they will attack and often(like in TPR 06) then some soldiers attack first and the others still push the others from the point:

Horses attack, but the others still push(pink has already attacked):

Also like in many other maps wrong colors:

+AI player 3 should have same color like AI player 5 (green) it is now DARKgreen
+AI player 6 should have same color like AI player 2 (yellow) it is now pink :D

TPR 08:(FIXING FINISHED)

BUT:

+Mission is too hard without Siege equipment I have added one group of bowmen and swordmen
+One axefighter group(brown) dont move or attack, only standing there

+Normal thing with AI= when i run away they dont go to kill me after some time only trying to go to one point :P

So now the topic is more AI feedback, but however it should help you all :D

IF you run away, they don´t attack untill they will die :D :D

And here you see, the same situation. if you run away, they arent interessted in you only standing there:

Here last but not least really nice picture from bence´s Replay. That shows 2 things:
1.) Too hard mission with normal playing in Remake(without siege/extra troops) 2.) AI isnt attacking :D

And here is my army, which is left in Original TPR(With 3 balista):

TPR 09: (Doesn´t need any fix)

Its perfect up to here,only litte bitharder without siege, but winable!

TPR 10:

No big problems/bugs only like normal up to r4179:

+AI is silly, so the attack at start(yellow) isnt´t half strong like in TPR, in 1st play only bowmen came to attack me and the others(like in other missions, cannot concentrate himselves :D ):

And this AI thing is a big silly thing, because this is my army, which i have saved after attack :D :D
I have lost 1 horse and 4 axefighters :P that isnt a fair game later on,with this starting army :P

TPR 11:

+LOL, why in Remake they are extra axefighters for the human player? It is also easy without them and with them only too easy. I think someone mixed up Coop and Campaign, is that possible :D

TPR 12: (Doesn´t need any fix)

Well everything Ok. Colors are in Remake Snowcolor and in origial blue,but this looks good and its same colorcode,so the snowtroops are in each mission of remake snow and not blue :D

TPR 13:

+Some AI things, that I won´t fix in this release, for example black 2nd army dont come "behind the first army."

TPR 14: (Doesn´t need any fix)

I´m not sure, i will play this mission again, because i have won it little bit to fast :D However it looks really good for me.

TPR Progress:
>>>>>>>>>-99%-<

pawel95
Last edited by pawel95 on 30 Mar 2014, 15:11, edited 71 times in total.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Nov 2012, 11:57

Re: Pawel's Campaign Feedback

Moved to "Map Design". KaM Remake Feedback is for KaM Remake features only.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Nov 2012, 12:45

Moved to "Map Design". KaM Remake Feedback is for KaM Remake features only.
Well it is for Remake :D Not the map is bad but some problems in program script of the remake´s missions :D
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 18 Nov 2012, 00:35

Thanks for testing this :) The issues with the campaign missions are often caused by our AI not "helping out" his other troops unless all his troops are in defence positions. The KaM Remake behavior doesn't match KaM TSK/TPR so the way they scripted the missions doesn't always work out.

As for the coop missions, I didn't make them myself, I guess we could ask the guy who did to fix them or someone else could.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 18 Nov 2012, 13:50

As for the coop missions, I didn't make them myself, I guess we could ask the guy who did to fix them or someone else could.
However, the easiest thing would be, when I would fix it directly, because that are all easy script things.
And than, other players could say sth about my "fixed" version,too when you will release for example new version.

Ahh and Lewin, i know that the AI doesnt work like in the original game. However in !TPR01! THe problem is, that the yellow enemy walks in a really different direction in the original game, than in the Remake, thats why the troops doesnt attack :D

To !TPR02! like i saw many times in remake the problem is the script to attack/repeating attack.
So in tpr 02 its so that the enemy bowmen(rebells) standing there and dont attak me :D i can come from behind and destroy all of them, thats why the campaigns work better up to here in the original game.

Also that i could (try) to fix, and send the fixed version to you,like you want.

pawel95
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 20 Nov 2012, 14:22

So I will start now to fix many little things in normal AND coop games. However I wont change big things, like AI behavior, because the Remake-AI is still at the start of his life :D

Fixed problems will be showed with green color.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 22 Nov 2012, 14:17

Hey guys, i need your help now. Is it normal,that in TPR 06 (Campaign, NOT COOP) you can go in the village of the AI in North west, with your Starting troops, after you have killed all troops at the start,which are coming and safe your storehouse in the center of the map?

I am asking,because i thought that this is,because remake is too easy. However in original Game it looks like,you could also win against the AI with starting troops,what do you think, is the mission OK, because its the 6th mission or not hard enough?!

pawel95
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 22 Nov 2012, 14:49

Is it normal,that in TPR 06 (Campaign, NOT COOP) you can go in the village of the AI in North west

North-west is your city, pawel... Anyway, the whole mission can be done easily without producing any weapons... West and north-east enemies with starting troops, and south-east with the iron thingy in the abandoned storehouse :) But maybe those aren't even needed.. haven't tried without them (so far).
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 22 Nov 2012, 16:33

Yeah I have meant North east :P
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 23 Nov 2012, 19:30

I know now what this AI problem.
Look at TPR 07(First post+pictures):

Pink hasnt any time/attack problems because, they use: ATTACK BUILDING.
However this green enemy(same in TPR 06,why its soo easy) use: ATTACK NEXT ARMY, so that is the reason, why they going first all to one and the same point, this is pitty :$
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 24 Nov 2012, 20:11

Hey one thing:

Can you say me: Can you win TPR08 in the Remake. I´m normaly a Pro in battle maps, but ... :$ this time i cannot win this map. Only in TPR with Catapults :P
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 03 Dec 2012, 20:12

Lol, someone know, why there are extra axefighter: Look at : "TPR 11"
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 25 Dec 2012, 21:15

Wuhuuuuu just finished the whole TPR campaign.

If some has played these missions in last times and think that he wanna add sth on my bug list, just post here. The fixed missions will be included hopefully in next release.

There are some mission with AI problems, but like i have written it like 10 times this will be fixed maybe automaticly in next release,when AI will be more intelligent :D

I will start testing the old but gold TSK Campaign after Christmas so maybe in 2 days.
I have sended my fixed missions to the Remake Team,but Lewin is busy so I understand that he havent found time yet :D

For all people Merry Christmast,if i have forgotten one bug,just tell me :-)

pawel95
<<

Post 08 Jan 2013, 21:38

Hey one thing:

Can you say me: Can you win TPR08 in the Remake. I´m normaly a Pro in battle maps, but ... :$ this time i cannot win this map. Only in TPR with Catapults :P
Has no one come up with a solution for TPR08 yet? I have been trying REALLY hard to get past this mission, but it is just too damn hard. How do you guys expect us to win against an entire army that's almost twice our own size? At least give us like 9-12 crossbowmen to replace the 3 ballistas that were removed?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 09 Jan 2013, 15:53

Well its is completle the same,what i have said in my post :| We should wait, after the will be a solution in some next release with the siege and they should be implemented or 100% not :-( than we should think about rebalance that mission.

EDIT: My pictures are talking this real pitty thing :P

However you are completly right. It is too hard(it wasnt really easy with catapults in TPR,too) to win with "normal" game style. If you wanna continue playing TPR, just go to the SouthEast with all your army and than try to shoot only at one soldiergroup=> It´s noob style,but it is the "only" way to win it normaly in this release :D

pawel95

Return to “Map Design”