Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

TPR 4 mission (multiplayer)

<<

Daharahj

Serf

Post 20 Jun 2016, 01:06

TPR 4 mission (multiplayer)

We're getting overwhelmed by constant harassment, just as we successfully defend an attack we have to defend from another angle, we even tried rushing militia and archers just to defend to no avail, any tips?
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 21 Jun 2016, 00:31

Re: TPR 4 mission (multiplayer)

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Besides telling you two that you need to "build more efficiently and fight better", here is an easy alternative until you get more comfortable with this map. Of course, you can probably beat this mission in a hurry. (See my TSK09 co-op replay and most definitely my Northern Islands I co-op replay if you are interested to get ideas. I played these as single player/beat them by myself, but that shouldn't make a difference to you two).

[a] If you are having trouble defending, perhaps use building defense. (You can of course put towers behind these buildings, but this type of defense is so good that you don't need towers provided you can produce a handful of troops. Instead of throwing away stone on towers, build these buildings and repair when necessary.) Clearly, player 7 only needs a total of six front-line soldiers, but player 1 needs eighteen+ (depending on if the AI attacks player 1 from the North as well).

Should you decide to do this, please block wares from being delivered to the barracks (unless you want weapons and recruits to go into them) and storehouse and disable the woodcutter's from planting (unless you want him to get killed over and over). Use scout to lure and kill AI bowmen before they reach this "wall" of buildings.

Of course, if AI attacks player 1 from the north, a wall of buildings needs to be built there as well.

If you are having trouble attacking, still build this wall of buildings and draw the AI to them. Again, use scout to lure and kill AI bowmen before they reach this wall of buildings.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Daharahj

Serf

Post 21 Jun 2016, 01:06

thank you for the advice! we eventually ended up doing just that, but used inns instead of barracks and managed to beat it in about 2 or 3 hours. it sorta felt like cheating honestly so i'd rather avoid that tactic if possible, we're still pretty bad at managing our economy, big armies and enemy archers/towers, in fact without their archers we'd probably beat the levels in a fraction of the time.

tpr missions are really unforgiving for multiplayer, we're stuck in the same tight corner of the map with nowhere to expand, scarce stone and enough coal for only one player, after about 9+ hours of gameplay we managed to get to mission 7, which doesn't look much better than the other maps we played. we'll probably try other, less annoying co-op maps instead.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 21 Jun 2016, 02:46

thank you for the advice!
You're welcome!
we're still pretty bad at ...and enemy archers/towers
Watch my Northern Islands 1 co-op replay from start to finish. If you have any questions about my play, let me know.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Daharahj

Serf

Post 21 Jun 2016, 03:08

i just did, and while it is impressive it looks mostly like playing around the AI, i like the economy aspect of the game for the most part, i have no interest in speed-running through all the missions. very interesting to watch however, i did pick up a trick or two, your luring skills are onpoint, i cant quite pull the archers away from the melee like you do.

if you have replays of you building your own base and beating the map through brute force and good resource management that would be great.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Jun 2016, 06:45

I think it would be the best, if you show us your replay, so we could tell you what can be improved.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Daharahj

Serf

Post 21 Jun 2016, 15:35

that's a great idea, but i'm warning you they are long, even at 10x speed it's about 50 minutes worth of gameplay.

here's our last mission
TPR 06.rar
we had to take several breaks lol, especially during the time we ran out of gold and stone and had to wait for the market to do its thing, resources were just too limited and the AI kept making units nonstop, its not very well designed to support 2 novice players properly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Jun 2016, 20:11

I don't need to watch the whole replay, just first 1 hour to see how you set up your economy.

About defending first wave - move 10 axe fighters at position where I put them (I moved 20 there, but 10 should be enough), then move everything to the storehouse (after defeating enemy at top, remember about horses!). It should be easy with Scouts of second player, try to flank enemy to get rid of him faster. Don't waste your bows.

With remaining troops you should be able to get rid of enemy at east (thats what I always did when playing campaign). Take him one troop after another, from top, destroy him carefully. If you do this, you have one problem less.

Make up to 16 builders and 20 serfs at start, after gold production set, make up to 50-60 serfs (not all at once, from time to time, accordingly with expanding base)

You did the right thing - one of you going for iron while second goes for leather, but you need to do it faster. Check out replay (I was tight on food, so maybe another Farm would be a good idea, as well as another Mill and Bakery).

There's no need to build second storehouse almost never. You should block all wares in your starting storehouse at one point anyway.

4 Quarries is a must imo. Even 5 to build faster (stone is pretty far). I suggest iron player to go at stone at north east. Trade tree chunks for stone if necessary, then trade tree chunks for coal and/or gold ore.

Stone is priority on this map at start, but as you can see I went for wood (as you on replay) right away. Early farms would speed up your leather and food production.

Dividing wares - I set wood at 4 for weapon makers, 2 for Armor. Corn at 5 for Stable and Swine, 2 for Mill (however, try 3, should be better). Coal at 4 for everything should be good. Most efficent building rations: 2 Cutters - 1 Sawmill. 1 Sawmill - 1 Weapon Workshop. 3 Farms - 2 swine farms. 2 Farms - 1 Stable. About coal mines, you need one mine for each building that needs coal +1. 2 schools should be enough. As well as 2 Metallurgist's. On this replay I made only one Inn, but 2 would be better. Remember to put Butcher close to Inn, so he can eat fast and make more sausages ;).

About attacking. I'd take green one first (after enemy on east is defeated ofc) by luring him at towers (with some army to defend of course), then focus on last enemy (he's really hard with all that iron...).

I would also make up to 30-40 Crossbows and make some pikes and always have some Scouts to flank the enemy. Make Axe Fighters and Bows over Lances (they are useful against horses, but not worth spamming).

I also attach my replay from TPR06 in campaign, when I was testing it :). Economy could be better, but maybe you will find some attacks useful, also where to attack and where to defend.

Hope it helps!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without honour, victory is hollow.

Return to “Strategy Central”