Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Complete Remake multiplayer building tutorial

<<

Mexican T

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 24 Jul 2017, 23:26

Re: Complete Remake multiplayer building tutorial

!MODBREAK: I think all Teamspeak players, including Sado, himself, enjoy a good "sado sucks" joke once in a while. But here on the forum we don't have good context, and it just looks more like bullying. Keep these jokes within your circles, thanks.
<<

Shogun

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Jul 2017, 00:09

For the first it is not fun. For the second - it is not sado's tutorial, it is yours useless joke. For the third - that is how your selection of players is working in closed lobbies.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 25 Jul 2017, 01:08

For the first it is not fun. For the second - it is not sado's tutorial, it is yours useless joke. For the third - that is how your selection of players is working in closed lobbies.
I could be wrong, but I think the primary reason he decided to post this was because of your thread.

But, if Sado was on HIS team in this particular game, technically Sado wouldn't have to build at all, because he counts as at least 2 players himself. So I don't see what the problem is...and I am assuming Sado didn't do this on purpose with all of this. If he did, well, this goes too deep for you or I to have any clue what's going on between these two!
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 Jul 2017, 13:08

Yes, I am a bad player, that's how I really play after a break. Maybe players like me shouldn't write tutorials to this game, but since nobody who knows how to play it wanted to make one, I figured it's better to have something than nothing. Instead of thanks, however, I get laughed at repeatedly for daring to make a tutorial when it's obvious that my skills aren't sufficient to make one. Moderators should consider deleting this topic, while we wait for a proper Mexi KaM tutorial, since he seems to have enough skill and time on his hands to make one...
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 25 Jul 2017, 13:55

Yes, I am a bad player, that's how I really play after a break.
No you're not a bad player! No way! Being away from something doesn't decrease your skill as much as it does remove the proper proportion of body chemicals to allow you to perform at your best. By my book, your best *is* who you are, not some random "glitch".
Maybe players like me shouldn't write tutorials to this game,
I strongly disagree. Even if you are not the best builder and your tutorial is not regarded as best practice, people who are just beginning need to learn to "walk before they run". So, if anything, there can should be a "beginner", "intermediate", and "advanced" tutorial anyway, because I doubt a beginner will not "piss in their pants" seeing how deep the concepts of this game really go should they attempt to go from building like a noob to a masterbuilder.
Moderators should consider deleting this topic, while we wait for a proper Mexi KaM tutorial, since he seems to have enough skill and time on his hands to make one...
If he's not insecure, I'm sure he will eventually do this for us. Until then, I appreciate your tutorial and Leeuwgie's.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Jul 2017, 16:40

It's a good tutorial. knowledge of the game and implementation (as well as the ability to actually write tutorials, a skill that is much harder than people think) are not mutually inclusive. If you ever look on online for help on games, you'll likely notice that the best players are usually not the ones making guides. There are many reasons for this, but jotting those down here isn't important. What is important is that we had a knowledgeable member of the community contribute a handy tutorial for playing multiplayer. I'm confident that this guide can help many players, but that won't be possible if the topic is removed.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Shogun

Woodcutter

Post 25 Jul 2017, 17:03

I could be wrong, but I think the primary reason he decided to post this was because of your thread.
There is no thread, i just found an example of situation in KaM multiplayer that happens in general. If you played the ladder in the warcraft 3, then you will see a huge difference between it and KaM Remake. We do not have an exchange of interests and knowledge beyond the limits of the game. I wrote about it something if you are interested
http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/foru ... 831#p48831
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 15 Sep 2017, 09:46

As much as I enjoyed and was able to laugh at the overly childish behavior of a certain individual, it has no place here. So I cleaned up this topic. Thank me later.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 15 Sep 2017, 10:53

well a basic script for tutorial would be nice.
After that we could easily match it for different levels. :wink:
Have fun for scripting it!
<<

Mexican T

Lance Carrier

Post 15 Sep 2017, 14:58

This looks like russia, posts getting deleted all the time..
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Sep 2017, 22:53

This looks like russia, posts getting deleted all the time..
Lol. You can call us moderators the "secret police." ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 30 Oct 2017, 12:32

Back to the topic....
Basically, you're way better off having too many serfs than not enough, and unless your second school is very early (around 36:00) you'll have a hard time catching up with serfs; especially while making recruits. Most bases require a minimum of 74 serfs, and you won't likely surpass this amount by much if your school works non-stop the whole game.
Except if you are Tibi. Tibi needs only 60 serfs to manage his micro base.
Also, sado, your times are pretty unrealistic on some parts. 11 minute goldsmelter? What the heck? I've never seen it before. You can never have gold production too early, but this is impossible most of the time!
In my opinion the trends of the past years was to make the game faster. (I mean the openings.) And yes, there are many maps and locations with as nonsense early Goldsmelter. Sometimes need one very early goldsmelter and just a very late second one if the location is not enable huge spam. Loks as the second smelter needs only for support training the recruits.
Anyway, Boarder Rivers8P never die!
20 minute armor smithy? I see it on some locations...such as loc 5 BitD, but it's not needed this early for sure. Now, personally, I like having it up around 29:00 minutes so I can have my wonderful 6-farms-before-30:00, but having it at 24:00/25:00 is fine, too.
Many times see ironsmelter and stuffs earlier than goldsmelter. It is rather about a strategycal decision. Going for no leather base.

Who is scripting it now?
I would need to train :D

Return to “Strategy Central”