New tactics in KaM???

<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Jan 2015, 19:20

Re: New tactics in KaM???

Hi,

This replay is to try to play Revolution style :D, but I failed.... could have had (50/50) if i played a bit better, but it's really fun to build like this :D

Siem (Killer!!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 Jan 2015, 01:16

I love this spam. Huge numbers can actually negate the power of ranged units to some degree as ranged units target randomly. Basically, ranged units will just shoot a whole lot of units that might be regenerating health before they are randomly chosen as a target again.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 30 Jan 2015, 01:32

Has anyone ever tried using workers to block someone?
They die almsot instantly , but wih enough they might give the edge you need.
If it's a stupid idea, ignore it. It's 2:32 am here...
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 30 Jan 2015, 15:54

@zomibie01 Yes, sometimes it's really nice to let your builders come in the battlefield, the archers of the enemy will shoot some of their arrows at the workers instead of your troops, while yours can just kill their soldiers faster then them :D
And also when you lost your melee and want to retreat, because if the enemy has horses you will get just some seconds more to run away because they will have to kill the workers first before they get to your archers/xbows.

@Ben I saw your first post on this topic and you said that you had some nice replay's but from older releases. I have all old releases still on my computer, so i hope you can still post them here? :D (if it's not to much work ofc ;))

I was even thinking using some of this tactics out in a "real" mp game, like the "old Revolution spam" technique which I posted recently :D
I know a lot of people think it's to weak, but what I saw from my game is that you will have already twice your army back in your barracks after they would have killed your first army of lancers :P (THE SPAM IS REAL! :P)
Da Revolution said to me today when we discussed about it that it's wise to change for axefighters after pt, so I will try that as well and post a screenshot + replay from the game and my thoughts about it when I tested it :D
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 30 Jan 2015, 19:30

Hi all,

Here I tryed something I saw in a game recently, and I think it is very usefull.

I have to say before I show you the screenshot, that I used a prebuild for once and I made a combiation of a build from Koczis12 and Mexican T on this location.
The idea for this tactic is from me though on this map.

So I tryed nothing really special, but I tryed to go for alot of Knights with less leather... (see the screenshot)

Do you think this is better then a normal build? with more horses but not as many leather.. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 14 Feb 2015, 13:08

Hi all,

Today I tried another tactic out, I tried to make an old school iron rush base :D

What do you think of this? Is it still useful?

Siem
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Feb 2015, 14:52

Maybe. You'd be able to crush location 4 easily enough. It's hard to say though because I don't know how many kills 40 crossbowmen will get before all the militia are dead.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 14 Feb 2015, 15:56

Maybe going for more pikes would be better? Like having 30 pikes and 30 xbows + all this Militia seems to be more powerful, since pikes can defend you for some time.

Anyway, I really like this build! :D
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Feb 2015, 16:03

the really oldschool ironrush is a kamikazecity where you have 60 swords backed up by loads of militia at pt (like 60~80) so you should at least have 90 xbows/pikes which actually are weaker because of no storm/ defense vs ranged.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Feb 2015, 18:34

I think killer was referring to the days of militia/lance + xbow strats.

Anyway, I agree with Tiank. More pikes would be a bit better.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 29 Mar 2015, 23:51

I'd like to share with you how old school iron rush base works on Golden Cliffs :D First time I tried it, I really like it!

And yeah, it was pretty cool :) Just watch the replay ;)

GC iron rush.7z
<<

Ix10n10n

Serf

Post 30 Mar 2015, 02:27

I'd like to share with you how old school iron rush base works on Golden Cliffs :D First time I tried it, I really like it!

And yeah, it was pretty cool :) Just watch the replay ;)

GC iron rush.7z
I liked this replay alot ... thanks for sharing! :)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 08 Apr 2015, 21:17

Here's another build I'd like to share. It was inspired by iron rush. It turns out to be pretty effective against standard build (xbows are really good against iron units, pikes can hold swords for some time and additional leather units are extra damage and also some extra time). Advantage of this build is it's ability to have constant flow of units (spam), it's really deadly, especially when xbows manage to survive first fight. Lack of horses hurts, but I think it is possible to fit stable in this build as well ;). Try it, it's fun!

Replay is from our tournament game, I wanted to do something different and surprise Bullet and Artie ;) It was pretty close. First time on that loc.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 09 Apr 2015, 19:27

Hello everyone. I have tried to make Scout Spam in loc 2 from Eruption.
Tough I could achieve 40 scouts, I think that better played could give 45-50 scouts at 60 PT.

But having +5 scouts is not what matters, since the nice thing is the quick 2nd pack of scouts that becomes available after 10 minutes! So I started first with 40 and after some minutes I climbed to 70 scouts.
Crazy army, should see how would perform vs players with "few to none" anticavalry.

Place replay in singleplayer Saves.

I hope Siem approves this tactic for our next tournament match!! :D
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Apr 2015, 02:54

Nah man this is a joke, right? It can't be even remotely good :D (except maybe for a rush, but isn't 35-40 knights better anyway?)

Not to diminish what you did here. This is a very hard strategy, but it's just not worth the effort :P

Return to “Strategy Central”