Building Order

<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Jul 2014, 15:33

Re: Building Order

Thank Tiank! That's really helpful!
I'm just sharing what I've learned from others, from this community :). As you can see, there are many players who are willing to share their knowledge, so just keep asking if you want to learn something :). You can ask on our Team Speak as well (kamts.eu).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 29 Jul 2014, 15:36

I'm just sharing what I've learned from others, from this community :). As you can see, there are many players who are willing to share their knowledge, so just keep asking if you want to learn something :). You can ask on our Team Speak as well (kamts.eu).

And never forget. You learn best by playing with other players, that have a bit of this knowledge :D Learning by doing my friend :mrgreen:
<<

Bo_co

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 29 Jul 2014, 19:53

Could find out "times" you've seen during games in remake ? :) i just want to know, what first time playing guys are thinking about it.
What do you mean.

Hm... "times" "timing" , its translated from polish. Its most important thing, when you build, it all depends of time, when you rise a specific building.
F.ex. you will build a woodcuter, so best times to do it is --> 6woodcuter until 30 min of game, actually its fairly good on every map (some times called "fast-woodcuter" made only for reforestation).
or.. 5 farms until 30 min of game.

Thats "times" , and please play some games and send me back your "times" which you are good :)
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 29 Jul 2014, 20:42

"Timing" is probably the correct word indeed. As for the topic... as others pointed out, first thing is to make sure you have enough wood. When you will be more skilled, you will find out the "limits" of the locations/maps, but for now I advise simply spamming as much wood as you can. On locations that are hard when it comes to wood production, you will need an early planting woodcutter - built in a space where there is NO trees (so he can plant only for long time... giving you first "made" wood early on). Some locations are easy with wood (you usually have 3 not too distant groups of trees there) - there you can make a cutting woodcutter first, ig you are sure you will not have wood problems. As for the other aspects, if you got wood covered, you will figure everything out :D Watch some replays, try to multitask as much as possible, play x1 speed if you really want to learn.
<<

Bo_co

Woodcutter

Post 30 Jul 2014, 00:32

and...

any raw materials shouldn't stagnate in your buildings, never, because then you see that the city is not working properly.
<<

attitude

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 30 Jul 2014, 05:48

Thanks a lot for this info. It'll help me for sure. At this point I am still playing the campaign(s) and I will be on holiday from this saturday, so it will be a while before I'll get to posting times, but this info can help me during the campaigns aswell!

What I see happening at this point, is that I tend to forget to build up food (maybe also lack of food in campaign maps?).

What is your best food option in early game, not counting fish? I assume Bread?

And Bo_co, you of course also thanks for the building relations!
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 30 Jul 2014, 08:14

in the earlygame your best option for food is corn, which later turn into sausages :). hardly anyone makes fish before 30 mins pt.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

attitude

Farmer

Post 30 Jul 2014, 08:24

So the first 'food chain' would be: 5 farms, 2 pigfarms, 1 butcher?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 30 Jul 2014, 08:28

It depends.

Bread can be available much earlier than Sausages. Fish/Wine - even sooner. Which way to choose - depends on your management skills and goals.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

attitude

Farmer

Post 30 Jul 2014, 08:30

I always feel that wine takes a lot of effort for little consumption (1 wine barrel each time, 9 fields and 9 wood..), but then again so does sausages. Bread is actually quite efficient for food IMO.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 30 Jul 2014, 08:46

All food types are balanced to have strong and weak sides:
- Wine is simple in production and plentiful, but has low nutritious value and requires valuable in the early game wood, yet good for soldiers.
- Bread is kind of a compromise, average everything.
- Sausages take long time to make and need many houses, but are very nutritious. Bi-product are Skins/Leather for army.
- Fish is second best nutritious value and available early on, but is depleting.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 30 Jul 2014, 15:26

in mutliplayer we spend the first half hour getting gold wood iron and at least 3 farms. then we focus on getting weapons and swinefarms (which make sausages, best food in the game) for leather. at that time we also make sure to get fish and depending on the map difficulty people tend to make either bread or wine near the end of pt(our standard pt is 60) , but hardly ever both of them.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Bo_co

Woodcutter

Post 30 Jul 2014, 15:42

We have at multiP. games strategy "fast fisherman", because this guy is fishing, if we count, 1fish per 1 min, so if in the lake there is 60 fish, you can count yourself do is there a posibility do him really fast or just later but double.

Anyway, best way to find out best strategy is done it by yourself, you should more play than talk :P
<<

attitude

Farmer

Post 30 Jul 2014, 16:23

We have at multiP. games strategy "fast fisherman", because this guy is fishing, if we count, 1fish per 1 min, so if in the lake there is 60 fish, you can count yourself do is there a posibility do him really fast or just later but double.

Anyway, best way to find out best strategy is done it by yourself, you should more play than talk :P
I post here when I have a break on my work lol.
<<

Bo_co

Woodcutter

Post 30 Jul 2014, 16:50

By the way, you are still here LOL :)

Return to “Strategy Central”