Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Mission 18 TSK, victory with only starting troops

<<

rephikul

Woodcutter

Post 22 Mar 2008, 01:43

Mission 18 TSK, victory with only starting troops

This was how i did it, your experience may vary:

Key advantage in this map: Enemy doesnt have a large supply of food at the beginning, and they have no quary.

Send in 1-2 knights to top left, the rest to top right.

1) Sneak the knigts at top left in. On top right, you will see a small opening next to the boundary of the map, squeeze your knights in and position your pikemen and xbowmen just outside.

2) Let your knights at top left attack something, preferably their storehouse. Sooner or later they will send in troops, at this time, attack the knights at top right and try to let your knights to the left harrash them as they fight to the right. There'd still another knight squad of similar size to the right that'd attack you if you attack the first one. Hopefully they arrived too late so you dont have to fight them both at the same time.

3) When you have done to the right, sneak your knights to the left out, and merge with the main force before it is too late (the serf would put stones in eventually) Mean while, charge your main force left and take out their left store house. Remember to keep all of your troops at equal or above the inn, otherwise the third knight squad would attack.

4) After you are done with the store house (and probably the inn too), sneak your troops out one at a time and feed them. Do not ever let them all out though, leave at least one squad to ensure none of the serfs can get any food

5) One all of your troops are feed, send in the knights one at a time into their main base. If your run pattern is corrent, the first one wont die from 2 watch tower shot which is most likely what you'd get. Once the first one is in, send in the 2nd etc... until you have killed the main buildings here (store house, barrack and school) It is fine leaving the inn, they should no longer have any serf left to restock them.

By this time you can wait for them to starve before finishing off the left store house (like i did), or build more force using that juicy store house (500 free irons, HELL YA) and beat them with it

SS taken when i'm certain i've already won. You can see that i've built quite some stuff which turned out unnessary as the food you get at the beginning is already enough. But then i'm not as sure as when i'm writing this when i first begin the mission.

Statistic (i like peace, so i tried to minimalize destruction :))
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 23 Mar 2008, 23:15

Nice one :wink:

Figured it'd be possible but I didn't have the guts to try :P
<<

rephikul

Woodcutter

Post 24 Mar 2008, 21:49

Thanks. Now i only need to figure out how to beat lv20 with only those barbarians ;p (made it with 80 xbowmen and 24 ballista last time)
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 26 Mar 2008, 07:24

Ballistas! But it's the shattered kingdom campaign! (isn't it..?)
<<

Thunderwolf

Crossbowman

Website: http://thunderwolf.freehost10.com/KaMMissionBuilder/index.php

Post 26 Mar 2008, 09:54

but could be executed from TPR, => TSK Campaign, meaning you CAN build ballistas...
~old sig
MissionBuilder v0.9f2 UPDATED!!
Defend The Outer Colony. fight for your king and uncover the secrets of this land.
Temporary version at
http://thunderwolf.x10hosting.com/index.php
"You can't defeat me, I've played Knights and Merchants"
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Mar 2008, 20:20

Tscchhh, it's just not the same...
<<

Thunderwolf

Crossbowman

Website: http://thunderwolf.freehost10.com/KaMMissionBuilder/index.php

Post 28 Mar 2008, 10:31

No it isn't, but it IS possible to add ballista's then.
~old sig
MissionBuilder v0.9f2 UPDATED!!
Defend The Outer Colony. fight for your king and uncover the secrets of this land.
Temporary version at
http://thunderwolf.x10hosting.com/index.php
"You can't defeat me, I've played Knights and Merchants"
<<

rephikul

Woodcutter

Post 29 Mar 2008, 12:16

Yes, if you do it TRP -> TSK you can have ballistia as long as there's iron production. I tried it again without balistia,this time hoading JUST crossbowmen. It was equally as easy, may be even more so then with ballistia because it didnt interfere with town construction.

Return to “Strategy Central”