Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

"Cheap" Gameplay

<<

CuDi

Scout

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 20 Jan 2014, 23:52

"Cheap" Gameplay

So I was playing a match of 4v4 on The Same Rocks. I was positioned in location 6 and decided to take it upon myself early on to construct some towers deep into the mountains to the southwest to ensure I could get a relatively decent amount of towers in before the opposing force. (Automatically reminded of Half-Life upon typing that. :D)

Here is a screenshot of the result:

The guy that was positioned right to the southwest then began calling me a noob and saying that I was playing "cheap." I'm a relatively fair player. I don't like to use exploits or play in an unfair/cheap way just to beat somebody. So, I must ask; do people find this a cheap way to secure a decent defense for this map? (Or even generally speaking?)
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Jan 2014, 08:23

Re: "Cheap" Gameplay

In this situation it might've been taken as an exploit, since you've blocked this path, but on the other hand, it'd be very easy to counter your attack if you decide to go between your towers there (you have little space to manevuer). I don't see it as a cheap tactic, though it may be a little annoying.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Nissarin

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 21 Jan 2014, 08:27

On this map this is pretty much standard, so back when I was still playing on this map I usually build at least one tower near the "entrance" to stop the enemy from going into my town. If you ask me whatever this is "cheap", personally I dislike players doing something like this, especially if they start spamming towers in the middle of the game.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Jan 2014, 08:56

The same rocks is known for problems like that, no need to worry. if you did not do it h would have done it. it are many towers though.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Jan 2014, 13:05

Yeah, on other map I'd call it being cheap, but TSR is way too campy so there's no other way (unless you'd encourage others to play different maps! :P)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Jan 2014, 16:58

So I was playing a match of 4v4 on The Same Rocks. I was positioned in location 6 and decided to take it upon myself early on to construct some towers deep into the mountains to the southwest to ensure I could get a relatively decent amount of towers in before the opposing force. (Automatically reminded of Half-Life upon typing that. :D)

Here is a screenshot of the result:

The guy that was positioned right to the southwest then began calling me a noob and saying that I was playing "cheap." I'm a relatively fair player. I don't like to use exploits or play in an unfair/cheap way just to beat somebody. So, I must ask; do people find this a cheap way to secure a decent defense for this map? (Or even generally speaking?)
I think it is a very cheap and unethical tactic.

However, TSR is a very bad map (sorry PAKER). Without considering the flaws in balance, there is little fighting and building space. One could hardly blame you for making towers in your enemy's base.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

CuDi

Scout

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 22 Jan 2014, 03:51

Hmm...maybe in the future I could cut myself off at just about halfway through that passage. This way I won't be building into the opponents town and I'd still have a little bit of defense. I could always add a set of archers there as well to scare them off from being quick to charge in.

On another note, it was refreshing to play something other than Cursed Ravine. It's a fun map and all but every now and again I'd like some variation. Hell, I wouldn't even mind playing Border Rivers from time to time.

Thanks for the input guys! :D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Jan 2014, 05:55

On another note, it was refreshing to play something other than Cursed Ravine.
Oh my gosh that's so true. ANYTHING other than Cursed Ravine :P
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Strategy Central”