Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Unable to complete any mission

<<

Suzaku

Post 25 Dec 2013, 13:35

Unable to complete any mission

Hello all,

I have recently discovered the KaM remake, I have enjoyed the original game alot back in the early 2000's.
I never seemed to grasp the game back then (unable to even win the first mission...) and it seems getting older didn't make my skills improve.

I've got experience with games like AoE/SC/SCII but for some reason I can't even survive 10 minutes in any single/campaign mission.
Building up a big(ish) city with food/resources isn't the big issue, I guess I'm 100% clueless when it comes to tactical play? (warfare).

I'm not sure as how much can be done about this, should I be checking out things like replays to try improve my game?
I really enjoy the game just building up a city, I would however like to be able to actually play a mission without getting owned in 10 minutes :(.

Thanks!

Suzaku
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Dec 2013, 14:20

Re: Unable to complete any mission

Hello Suzaku, i am glad you did not give it up yet haha. Well yes you could watch reoplays but i think the best way to learn is to do it yourself. offcourse smoe tips can be given and maybe (sorry for the self promotion xD) this will help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrYtntXpatI
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 Dec 2013, 15:07

Re: Unable to complete any mission

I agree with Dicso. I also learned my fighting methods(which are pretty good often :mrgreen: ) nearly all by myself. Maybe you wanna join our Teamspea server? You can meet there really good people in tactic games or in ecnomy games. You learn yourself watching "how the enemy is doing it" and how you could even improve it and make it better than your enemy, that´s the way to sucess :-)

BTW Maybe,because you didn´t played the original game for more than 10 years now, you also have to understand which types of troops are good for what, maybe it´s clear for you that pikes are useless vs swords, or rushing with milita into mass bowmen alone isn´t a good solution, but maybe it´s not clear for you :D

The movie should help you for some advanced questions though, like armor of shield units vs bowmen and co. but make sure, you understand the standard things. Did you played the "Battle Tutorial" in the Remake ? Take a look at it :wink:

Feel free to ask as much as you want in tactic things :D

Return to “Strategy Central”