Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Multiplayer Strategies

<<

Daniel

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 01 Sep 2013, 00:17

Multiplayer Strategies

I'm bored of the standard strategies, anyone ever tried any unique startegies like making particular units? Please share.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 Sep 2013, 03:53

Re: Multiplayer Strategies

it all depends on what you are trying at the moment.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Sep 2013, 03:54

Ha! HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We just had someone ask if there are more strategies than swordsmen + bowmen + a few knights :P
Sorry, but at the moment, that's the only good unit combination. You could try playing on special maps or playing leather-only locations. That'll change things. Keep in mind that you can always change the way you acquire your swordsmen and bowmen. Maybe you can come up with a new market strategy for us? :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 01 Sep 2013, 07:14

Well, knights+militia can be an interesting combo if you can get 30+ knights and ~20 militia or so in 60 minutes. If you are fast enough (attack right after PT's end), you can crush any random guys with it. But of course don't expect much (alone) against pro players.

@Ben: Are there leather only locs on the maps available in the current release? :o I mean the playable and nice maps. I couldn't really say any other than Border 8P :P
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 01 Sep 2013, 09:24

Paradise Island has 1 leather loc and 1 militia only loc per team.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 01 Sep 2013, 10:59

Paradise Island has 1 leather loc and 1 militia only loc per team.
What? Seriously? A Milita only loc? Where should I find that loc, after I searched it?!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Sep 2013, 13:39

It's kind of a joke, Pawel. There are locations that are so small, it's hard to fit enough farms and woodcutters for a leather location. Therefore, sado often refers to them as leather locations.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Sep 2013, 14:16

Well i think that if you are good enough at KaM remake that it's also possible to go for axeman+crossbowman but make sure you have a minimum of 40 xbows and 30 axe man so it is very hard to do but some guys use thid strategie
<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 02 Sep 2013, 15:26

when you play a game with few peacetime (+/-50 min) you are forced to use pikes/lances + bows because else you have too few army. It is good because pikes are stronger than axemen and they win against swordmen if you have bows also. When someone use swordmen they certainly have less than someone use pikemen. I used this in a game and i successly defeated 3 enemies and won the game.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 Sep 2013, 16:09

Maybe for lower-level play, Islar, but your conclusions are a tad off for games such as those on TeamSpeak ;)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Sep 2013, 16:12

Maybe for lower-level play, Islar, but your conclusions are a tad off for games such as those on TeamSpeak ;)
it really depends who you are fighing against, the ts group on overall is not as good as it used to be anymore.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 Sep 2013, 16:17

Sadly true. I'll have to start saying high-level play or pro play now because TS games just doesn't cut it anymore.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 02 Sep 2013, 16:32

It's kind of a joke, Pawel. There are locations that are so small, it's hard to fit enough farms and woodcutters for a leather location. Therefore, sado often refers to them as leather locations.
Oh :$ :mrgreen: :$

And back to the topicstarter: I agree that KaM is sometimes boring, also for me because you do everytime the same thing(without mentioning the different city-builds). On the forum you can find some discussions about rebalancing xbows-bowmen. So it would be awesome when the game would be that perfectly balanced that a guy who makes axemen+xbows and a guy who makes swords+bowmen on the same level, will have the same chances. However it´s in nearly NO Strategy game like that, what is actualy sad. However you can hope that sth will be rebalanced and there are also some "mp mutators" in the ideas section. So the host will be MAYBE able to set: "Iron only" or sth like that, so you will get much more types of playing, instead of making swordmen and bowmen only and send them into hell after pt....

Return to “Strategy Central”