<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 20 Oct 2007, 23:04

Mission 3 ? The Road to the Baron of Lauenburg

Mission 3 ? The Road to the Baron of Lauenburg
Opponents: Lauenburg (Yellow)

The Imperial Counsel:

? The Mission can be beaten with your initial army.
? The mission receives a difficult rating of Easy.
? Your army consists of 24 Axe Fighters and 24 Bowmen.

The Imperial Proposal:

? This is your first battle mission. A battle mission consists of a predetermined amount of soldiers from both sides of the armies. The enemy shall always have more soldiers than you; they have a massive army in this sense compared to your few battalions of soldiers. It is in strategy that you shall achieve your victory.
? Use your bowmen to your advantage by placing them closely behind your axe fighters and they will obliterate your enemy opposition.

The Epic Tale:

The Only Path to Victory!

The sun rising over the mountain pass brings a sense of relief to the army of King Karolus. Knowing they are approaching the heavily fortified encampment of the enemy they will soon be engaging their largest and fiercest advisory yet. They are strong hearted and battle tested, but perhaps they shall be tested early or perhaps it shall be an ill omen of what is next to come. A scout is seen riding steady and delivers a message to your commander.

The mission begins with your army marching down the road to the Baron of Lauenburg, but within moments scouts report you are about to be ambushed and must immediately shall your advance. Quickly regroup into battle formations, set up your infantry in front one battalion to the left and one to the right with a gap in the center. Use your bowmen behind each battalion and the small squad of bowmen close to the gap in center.

The enemy shall waste no time in attacking your forces with all it has. Every single available troop that you?ve seen thus far shall be present of the enemy?s side and they will hit hard from two sides, but do not be overcome on either side. Use your squad of bowmen to keep a balance of whoever is losing their ground and overcome the enemy force. Soon the enemy force will be dispatched of and you may continue your march onwards.

Another battle has been won by the forces of King Karolus thanks to your excellent leadership. You shall be rewarded upon your return, but that is not the matter of the moment for you must continue onward as a new day brings new advisories and a new enemy.

My Statistics:

Units
Lost: 5
Defeated: 81

Buildings
Lost: 0
Destroyed: 0
Completed: 0

Units Trained: 0

Weapons Produced: 0
Soldiers Trained: 0

Time Completed: Time 00:05
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 21 Oct 2007, 08:34

about to be ambushed and must immediately shall your advance.
Hmmm... :D I guess you mixed up some words there :P Anyways, I see you didn't specify a location where one should regroup their army. Have you found it to be equally easy no matter where you regroup? Also I have found it a lot easier to explain where to put armies by just taking a screenshot, you could also do that if you want. Just remember to send the shot to me :D
And I must say your statistics are quite impressive, 5 units lost?! :shock: Whilst I agree that the mission is quite easy I usually end up having more casualties than that.
<<

MrMew

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Apr 2014, 08:14

Re: Mission 3 ? The Road to the Baron of Lauenburg

Hmmm... well I've got a bit of a problem. I don't have any bowmen OR any axe fighters. So my question is:
How do I complete mission 3 in the ORIGINAL?

My army is made up of slingers and such.

And no I'm not going to get the remake just to finish mission 3.
No. I'm not getting the remake. Bother someone else.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 05 Apr 2014, 08:39

I'm afraid you do NOT have the original. Or actually, it depends on what you see as original. In The Shattered Kingdom, you start with axe fighters and bowmen. In The Peasant's Rebellion, you start with town hall units. But that's not the only thing they changed in The Peasant's Rebellion: they mixed missions of both campaigns. I would suggest you install a patch to restore the campaigns to their original forms. You can download 1.60 from here: http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/supp ... s/#patches.
If you want a patch that changes less, you might want to search for 1.58.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Apr 2014, 09:43

The Dark Lord wrote: In The Peasant's Rebellion, you start with town hall units.

WAIT! WHAT? Are you serious? :o
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 05 Apr 2014, 09:54

It was like this I thought :D
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Apr 2014, 10:13

LOL Played the tsk campaign so often in tpr but can´t remember such huge changes, maybe because I installed the newest Patch and didn´t played with the original Version of tpr that often...
<<

MrMew

Recruit

Post 05 Apr 2014, 10:22

Thanks for that, the mission is impossible otherwise, have no idea how you could possibly win, much easier now. What else does the patch change (1.58)?
No. I'm not getting the remake. Bother someone else.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 05 Apr 2014, 10:35

http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/info ... /version-h

Edit: I completely forgot about this but remembered it just now: some change in 1.58 has the unwanted effect that TYPE 2 attacks with TAKE_ALL will not function. This has no consequences for the The Shattered Kingdom campaign, but it means that many attacks in the The Peasant's Rebellion campaign won't take place. I think this was fixed in 1.60 but I'm not sure. If that doesn't fix it I could edit the scripts manually for you.
But as long as you're playing the The Shattered Kingdom campaign there is no problem.

Return to Strategy Central